g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Donald Trump The First - Indicted The Fourth

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I’m sure any other person indicted on those charges would also be allowed to retain their freedom….

RedDevilQuebecois

I hope Jake Tapper finds that spokesperson, puts that person into the spotlight, and goes full Chris Cuomo on that person. Whoever that Trump spokesperson is, such idiot deserves humiliation on national TV.

I’m sure any other person indicted on those charges would also be allowed to retain their freedom….
In South Korea, they even take former presidents to pre-trial detention following an indictment.

Blood Mage

He should be utterly fecked, he should be about to disappear from public life, and yet I can't shake the feeling that this slippery cnut will still be sworn in as president yet again in January.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
He should be utterly fecked, he should be about to disappear from public life, and yet I can't shake the feeling that this slippery cnut will still be sworn in as president yet again in January.
I'm still of the opinion that Trump's process being slow walked and allowing him to feck with the GOP primary is better than allowing any of the (arguably) more nefarious nutcases behind him to take his place in the primary. And yes there is all sorts of things wrong with even thinking that.

Biden will get so many attacks on his age alone by any of the younger candidates on the GOP side that it will get in centrists' heads. At least the economic forecast and inflation models are trending in the right direction, which weakens their abilities to attack elsewhere. In that regard it's not surprising they're grasping for straws so far.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I'm still of the opinion that Trump's process being slow walked and allowing him to feck with the GOP primary is better than allowing any of the (arguably) more nefarious nutcases behind him to take his place in the primary. And yes there is all sorts of things wrong with even thinking that.

Biden will get so many attacks on his age alone by any of the younger candidates on the GOP side that it will get in centrists' heads. At least the economic forecast and inflation models are trending in the right direction, which weakens their abilities to attack elsewhere. In that regard it's not surprising they're grasping for straws so far.
He lost by a mile last time and I can't see anything that is happened or that he is saying now will convince any of them to return to his insane sinking ship of fools. And with more young voters arriving who will vote Democrat more often and the older demographic who vote Republican more often gradually dying I can't see any way he can win. But he got voted in once despite being obviously madder than a bag of coked up squirrels. So ....

Redplane

He lost by a mile last time and I can't see anything that is happened or that he is saying now will convince any of them to return to his insane sinking ship of fools. And with more young voters arriving who will vote Democrat more often and the older demographic who vote Republican more often gradually dying I can't see any way he can win. But he got voted in once despite being obviously madder than a bag of coked up squirrels. So ....
Yeah that's basically what I'm saying. I agree he can't win. But those behind him could. Hence I see the benefit of him staying in.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
The Atlantic have a good article around the sheer insanity of the GOP even allowing him to run for the Presidency. Even if he could pardon himself - which is constitutionally extremely suspect and would go before a supreme court kind of desperate to retain some semblance of credulity - he can't pardon himself from state crimes so that whole thing falls apart.

He's now charged with something like 80 f*cking crimes, in 3 different prosecutions. He'll barely be able to campaign because he has to be in court rooms across the country answering to said crimes. Logistically it's a joke, then you see he's spent half his campaign funding on legal fees.

It's beyond parody. I mean, what are they even doing over there?!

Redplane

Reality isn't even a concept to Trump and his minions.
At least when it comes to people who make money over his back I sort of understand. Look at just about every single one suddenly crowing the opposite once their shackles are of. What I don't get at all is people who say the same thing and have zero to gain from it. In many ways the opposite.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Yet I'm sure they use that brand new Constitution thingumy to justify things when it suites them. Assuming it is true (I have no idea but when it comes to trump and his supporters lies seem more common that truth).

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
The Atlantic have a good article around the sheer insanity of the GOP even allowing him to run for the Presidency. Even if he could pardon himself - which is constitutionally extremely suspect and would go before a supreme court kind of desperate to retain some semblance of credulity - he can't pardon himself from state crimes so that whole thing falls apart.

He's now charged with something like 80 f*cking crimes, in 3 different prosecutions. He'll barely be able to campaign because he has to be in court rooms across the country answering to said crimes. Logistically it's a joke, then you see he's spent half his campaign funding on legal fees.

It's beyond parody. I mean, what are they even doing over there?!
And likely broken the law again by getting funds transferred from a PAC to pay said legal fees.

Surely this will mean fund raising will dry up? Why would people donate to his election fund when almost every cent seems to be going to legal fees from past events and nothing to do with campaigning? Paying a billionaires legal fees seems mad under any circumstance.

Last edited:

Hamnat

What is silly is that reading the indictment Pence and his testimony and notes are clearly a huge part of the evidence here. Why the hell didnt he participate in the Impeachment process? He could have done all this then instead of having to be dragged in for this case. He sits there now saying ‘Anyone who puts himself over the Constitution should never be president’ He could have ensured that happened! If he had been vocal about the crazy and testified the GOP could have legally made sure they wouldnt have to still be putting up with Trump threats to run.

And on top of that Pence thinks he can run for office again when he was thrown to the wolves by Trump and now that so much of his notes and testimony is being used here it will be even worse branded a MAGA traitor.