5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Castia

I’d understand if our midfield had been rock solid all season but it hasn‘t he changes it every game yet never gives VDB a match......such a weird transfer I’ve not seen anything like it.

Giggsyking

Paid 45m for a player to play 6-8 minutes when we're losing.

Well, Ok I guess ? As long as Woodward is happy with throwing money out of the window.
its not Woodwards fault. the manager is incompetent.

ForeverRed1

How can he make a impact or show what he can do if he either doesn’t play, or plays 10 minutes. With the occasional start In FA cup.

He can’t.

Rake

Wow, it's like Ole has benched prime Messi... Such outrage over a player that hasn't really shown that much. At this point I think that Diallo might have more impact, if introduced into the team.

el3mel

Woodward needs to use his authority and sets with Ole to ask him what the feck is going on with the 45m we wasted on this guy this summer.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Needs to leave to save his career.

Talk about one manager ruining you're bright career. Absolutely ridiculous man management.

Zen86

Standard caf. The guy who isn’t playing is quite obviously the answer to all our problems.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
Standard caf. The guy who isn’t playing is quite obviously the answer to all our problems.
well you can't say he isn't the answer to all our problems if he doesn't get a fair chance in the correct position if any chance at all

tomaldinho1

Not at all, people are so weird in their reactions on here. The logic is simple - Ole is not rewarding form, he is picking his favorites - competition for places is what all squads need to progress but there isn't competition if Bruno can play as badly as he has done for 4-5 games and there is no 'fear' of him being dropped. Sends a really poor message.

red4ever 79

Needs to push his agent to get him a move in the summer. Dont know what is going on behind the scenes but it is strange to spunk 40m on a player and not play him

el3mel

We paid 45m for a player that by Feb now have been of absolutely no use for the club.

Even Telles has bigger role than him in the club.

Perez or Roman would have lost their shit with that and would have gone straight to the manager to ask him what's going on behind the scenes.

I'm not blaming Ole, I haven't even been that convinced with VDB when he played, but ton of questions need to be asked about the money we splashed in this pointless transfer if he wasn't wanted by Ole.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He must be stinking the place out in training. Every other midfielder has had plenty of starts across all comps.

Not sure he's the answer to anything, but it'd be nice to actually see what he can do.

Hackman2210

I can’t understand why he didn’t come on McT?? Martial is a french fancy - useless him and rashford together. Come on 1million fans can see it why can’t Ole??

Castia

Wow, it's like Ole has benched prime Messi... Such outrage over a player that hasn't really shown that much. At this point I think that Diallo might have more impact, if introduced into the team.
Bollocks

Nobody expects Messi levels just something a bit better than you know...fecking Fred, Matic and McTominay.

There’s so many playing shit he must be given a chance, it’s ridiculous.

Last edited:

He'sRaldo

We're missing a trick not playing him I think.

Him, Fred and Pogba seems like the perfect modern 3-man midfield on paper.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Not at all, people are so weird in their reactions on here. The logic is simple - Ole is not rewarding form, he is picking his favorites - competition for places is what all squads need to progress but there isn't competition if Bruno can play as badly as he has done for 4-5 games and there is no 'fear' of him being dropped. Sends a really poor message.
Nail on head.

mu4c_20le

Nail on head.
Sure, if that's what you want to believe. Guess it has nothing to do with the fact that the last time he started in place of Bruno we went down 0-1 against West Ham before Bruno came on for the second half and saved the game.

TheGame

Yep, same players playing most games resulting in tiredness and now starting to have an impact. Things will only get worse with matches coming up and Europe. Squad needs to be used a bit more.

dove

I am not saying that Donny is an amazing player but sitting on the bench and seeing McTominay being replaced by Martial and us basically playing without midfield instead of giving you a chance must be demoralising as feck.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Sure, if that's what you want to believe. Guess it has nothing to do with the fact that the last time he started in place of Bruno we went down 0-1 against West Ham before Bruno came on for the second half and saved the game.
Result being that Bruno had 45 minutes less game time, affording him a rest.

Ole needs to use his squad.

lex talionis

I am not saying that Donny is an amazing player but sitting on the bench and seeing McTominay being replaced by Martial and us basically playing without midfield instead of giving you a chance must be demoralising as feck.
Hammer on nail.

No one is suggesting that Donny is the next Messi. The frustration is that we spent a wad of quid on a very decent midfielder — very decent, not GOAT — and he gets no action other than garbage minutes or cup games while we continue to drop stupid points against clubs like Sheffield and Arsenal.

GlasgowCeltic

I mean, clubs literally sign players with the intention of them being an answer to a specific problem don't they, or was he just signed to watch?

Mainoldo

Might aswell leave if the manager stays. Diallo will be next. Can’t even get on the bench and he cost £25m.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
He and the coaches see them on the training field every day..To claim DvB should be picked over Bruno who is our _best_ player is weird

But...*tinfoil hat on*

Both Jose and LvG moaned about the board/transfer comitee and it seems really fecking strange to spend 40 million on a player that just warms the bench when pretty much everyone else of Oles buys has been playing every fecking match when they've been fit (James aside)

I dont think Ole really wanted DvB and this is his way of showing it

*tinfoil hat off*

But yeah, right now he deserves to start over both Rashford and Martial

NinjaFletch

Maybe you should try and show why you should come on in the appearances you get then?

He was utterly anonymous against Liverpool; it's hardly a surprise that two games later he's not at the forefront of Ole's mind to come into a midfield 2 with 30 minutes played. Whether Ole should trust him or not it's pretty clear that he doesn't; he'll have seen nothing from the player to suggest that he's wrong.

Last edited:

Bobski

Nothing he has done in a Utd shirt suggests he is a match changing player at that stage of the game. Small sample size but it is clear he is also not doing enough in training to warrant the hype on here.

Red & White

He must have been disappointed to not come on when McTominay came off. That would have been a good chunk of a big game for him to try and make an impression.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Surprised to see people suggesting he should have played/come on today. Has been very average when ever I’ve seen him play, not sure what we should have done differently to give him a game.

Castia

Maybe you should try and show why you should come on in the appearances you get then?

He was utterly anonymous against Liverpool; it's hardly a surprise that two games later he's not at the forefront of Ole's mind to come into a midfield 2 with 30 minutes played in the league a week later. Whether Ole should trust him or not it's pretty clear that he doesn't; he'll have seen nothing from the player to suggest that he's wrong.
Not sure what he can do when he starts 1 game in every 10 (against Liverpool no less) or gets brought on with 4 minutes to go to be honest.

You get the feeling he could come on and bag a hat trick yet still be on the bench for the next 9 games, the whole situation is just bizarre. I said earlier fair enough if our midfield was solid and we didn’t want to risk changing it up but he literally changes personnel every game yet leaves VDB out.

Not sure why we paid 40 odd million for him he’s barely even a squad player.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Nothing he has done in a Utd shirt suggests he is a match changing player at that stage of the game. Small sample size but it is clear he is also not doing enough in training to warrant the hype on here.
I don't get the hype either, but how can you say that? He plays one game every few weeks, what can we realistically expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.