Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Fair enough on the bolded, I used to favour PSV myself from that league myself but the talent level in that league is just not as apparent anymore.

I take your point on Ziyech but after watching De Ligt and de Jong before and after they made moves my opinion is even stronger on those two. They are just above average players.
Haha yes the days of Romario and Ronaldo at PSV are long gone sadly.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Just watched all his goals for Ajax. Generally furthest forward than a striker. He'll be ideally suited at ghosting into the penalty area when opposition teams are stubborn with organised defences. Very difficult to mark.

Bwuk

Just watched all his goals for Ajax. Generally furthest forward than a striker. He'll be ideally suited at ghosting into the penalty area when opposition teams are stubborn with organised defences. Very difficult to mark.
Yeah, from what I’ve seen of him he reminds me of a Thomas Muller type of player.

Blood Mage

There were never really any doubts about him being a great technician, he's a superb rotation player who can fill in for both Pogba and Bruno. I just really hope we don't try to shoehorn him into a DM role just so the 3 can play together because that would be crazy.

Reactions: Sultan

crossy1686

career ending
There were never really any doubts about him being a great technician, he's a superb rotation player who can fill in for both Pogba and Bruno. I just really hope we don't try to shoehorn him into a DM role just so the 3 can play together because that would be crazy.
I don't think we will. His one touch link-up play is great. He's perfect for the hole in and around the box. Also very quick to turn as well.

3KDré

His movement and the timing of his runs seem to be top notch.

Crashoutcassius

I really dont think that is the plan, but if Matic is out and Ole trusts him there in a match where we expect to have the ball I wouldn't be shocked.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We don’t really need a pure DM in 80% or the matches, especially when we play with 2 behind the 10. Against teams that are happy to sit back he and pogba could easily run the midfield.

today I thought he was excellent playing as an 8 that was getting up into the box regularly, but also did his defensive work when needed.

we had less of the ball in the 2nd half with the subs but when he moved to the 10 he showed a few moments of class also. I’m sure he’s going to be a great player for us.

Will be interesting to see where ole prefers to play him but I wouldn’t be surprised if eventually he’s next to pogba in CM.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He was excellent and even showed his vision and execution from deeper with some fantastic long passes. Very impressed from his first outing and long may it continue.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
You really cant doubt buying from Ajax most of the time.

Dortmund on the other hand...

Chief123

You can just see he’s going to fit in perfectly for us. Technically brilliant and set to be a fan favourite.

The fact that he’s likely to start against Palace instead of Pogba hopefully puts to bed the question of “why did we buy him?”

We are in need of him from the very first match!

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Ajax defeated Real and Juve on their way to the semi's hardly a good draw. They didnt exactly fluke their way last em either, they dominated them almost entirely and actually did the same with Spurs until that inexplicable (if slightly funny) collapse. They will obviously be inconsistent in reaching these stages since they cant retain any of their stars, but Frenkie de Jong, De Ligt and Ziyech are not slightly above average. The first 2 were probably the hottest prospects in world football in their age group and Ziyech was bought by Chelsea for a big sum of money. They did have average players too, like Lasse Schöne and Mazraoui combined with okay players like Tadic (and Donny in my opinion, but shhh) transcending themselves, but those first 3 are not average, period.

Now stop making me defend fecking Ajax, it makes me feel dirty.
Here you go

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Didn't realize his immaculate ball control. He's crisp and sharp with the ball on a string. This is exactly what Mourhino means when he says don't invite pressure. Because Donny's ballcontrol is so tight they dont press him

CG1010

From all the descriptions and videos of him, I thought he is Herrera/Lingard type of player with short pass and move style. Genuinely surprised at the range and quality of passing in the video above. Especially a few long range passes to James are just :drool:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
From all the descriptions and videos of him, I thought he is Herrera/Lingard type of player with short pass and move style. Genuinely surprised at the range and quality of passing in the video above. Especially a few long range passes to James are just :drool:
It's why I want him to be deployed in the double pivot because I've seen him perform well in that role. He's a far superior player to Lingard and even more versatile both positionally and tactically.

red4ever 79

No doubts this guy will be a starter for us. Maybe not right off the bat, but I am sure he will become a starter. It's just about finding the system/set up to accommodate him Pogba and Bruno

Rajat Jain

Fooled into buying a MUTV subscription because of tweets saying it's going to be 3-1. Rashford seems to be picking off from where he ended the season, no wonder we need 1 addition in the front 3. He needs to be benched with the performances he's been consistently putting in.

Though Donny van da Beek was a delight to watch. Simple and intelligent player, takes up good positions and best of all has good decision making, unlike anyone in our whole first team squad except Bruno, Martial and Greenwood.

jeepers

Didn't realize his immaculate ball control. He's crisp and sharp with the ball on a string. This is exactly what Mourhino means when he says don't invite pressure. Because Donny's ballcontrol is so tight they dont press him
Was surprised to see how great his first touch is as well.

I was expecting him to be a Herrera type as well based on his YouTube compilations. His long passes seem good enough (100% completion in the video), so he has a good range on him.

I’m unsure about his creativity though. Seems he’s more of a player who creates space for others and also 2v1 situations with his off-the-ball movement. Hard to tell when Villa (from highlights) seemed to play with 10 men behind the ball. But creativity shouldn’t be a problem when playing with Bruno and Pogba.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots

What a debut.. Feel for Ole trying to create a tactical system which utilises him Pogba and Bruno. The diamond is the best way to sort this, or even a 3-5-2 but if he signs Sancho and we still have no top class attacking wing backs, we are going to be a tactical mess.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
We don’t have to shoehorn them all in. It’s called depth. This season is going to be intense. We need it. And we are one injury away from having to play Lingard, Pereira or Mata. An elite club should have a bench filled with high quality players.

His movement and technical ability is exceptional. Additional to depth, his availability provides us with much needed variety for other tactical systems when needed.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
He was excellent no doubt and I agree with the poster above he’s not the player I thought we were getting. He’s not anything like a Herrera or Lingard, he’s technically superior and has a quick footballing brain. Looks like he will perform well alongside better technical players who can also up the tempo of the game. That suits Martial, Pogba and Bruno particularly well.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Fooled into buying a MUTV subscription because of tweets saying it's going to be 3-1. Rashford seems to be picking off from where he ended the season, no wonder we need 1 addition in the front 3. He needs to be benched with the performances he's been consistently putting in.
Knee jerk much? Rashford was our best player pre injury. Often the only hope going forwards. He had a pretty serious injury and a long lay off. He’s such a massive talent, he needs games to play his way back into form and fitness. We need to add another forward because outside of him, martial and Greenwood we have nothing. You need genuine competition for places and the ability to rotate. Rashford came back into the team after a long time out and had to play virtually every minute of every game due to the paucity of our options.

It’s amazing how quickly elements of our fanbase can turn on a player. Complete inability to contextualise performances.

pacifictheme

Knee jerk much? Rashford was our best player pre injury. Often the only hope going forwards. He had a pretty serious injury and a long lay off. He’s such a massive talent, he needs games to play his way back into form and fitness. We need to add another forward because outside of him, martial and Greenwood we have nothing. You need genuine competition for places and the ability to rotate. Rashford came back into the team after a long time out and had to play virtually every minute of every game due to the paucity of our options.

It’s amazing how quickly elements of our fanbase can turn on a player. Complete inability to contextualise performances.
So he's right, we do need additions, because regardless of what happened months ago, his form at the end of the season was poor. Yet we had no replacement for him.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.

So asking for a player who is putting in shit performance after another to be benched(not even sold) is now 'turning on a player'?

Enfant terrible

Vdb's body language reminds me of Eriksen but he moves a lot more. His movement and quick release of the ball highlihts lack of movement and stalling from our other players.
I think he will show even more when Martial, Bruno and Pogba return

-Supreme-

It's why I want him to be deployed in the double pivot because I've seen him perform well in that role. He's a far superior player to Lingard and even more versatile both positionally and tactically.
He can definitely play in the double pivot but he would be wasted if played with Pogba as he will end up doing too much chasing off the ball and defensive work.

Perhaps against teams at home where we expect to dominate possession.

I would love to see him paired with Fred as I reckon this partnership has huge potential especially against top teams.

Last edited:

Mainoldo

He can definitely play in the double pivot but he would be wasted if played with Pogba as he will end up doing too much chasing off the ball and defensive work.

Perhaps against teams at home where we expect to dominate possession.

I would love to see him paired with Fred as I reckon this partnership has huge potential especially against top teams.
No he really just needs to stay out of that double pivot role. He needs to be paired with Marital no one else. If you need someone to pivot when VDB is playing drop Bruno there. Not the other way round.

Status
Not open for further replies.