Gaming EA FC 24

SirAF

Ageist
I just discovered the L1+R1 passing ffs... I fecking love it!

EvilChuck

Finished champs 15-5. A sloppy last game cost me the 16 wins.

Got an untradeable Kounde from the player picks though, and Griezman tradeable which means I now have enough to upgrade to TB Harry Kane (his gold card has 63 goals in 36 games for me, so I'm hoping his TB will be even better and potentially last til TOTS).

Also finally finished the Rodrygo SBC, and wow his dribbling is buttery smooth. 16 games, 8 goals 20 assists. Just unreal stats

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Given his silver 74 is costing 10k and having to be swiped I'm guessing the evolution Colwill is absolutely insane.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Given his silver 74 is costing 10k and having to be swiped I'm guessing the evolution Colwill is absolutely insane.
This reads like another language to me at this point.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
doesn’t look anything special. I think people are doing it because it’s something to do.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Went from 18-2 to 14-6 from one week to the next..

I played Centurions Pedri with RTTK Modric and it unbalanced everything. Won 15 matches consecutively (Qualifiers and Rivals) since replacing him with Bellingham/Valverde.

Currently playing;

Ederson
Walker
Rudiger
Araujo
Tierney EVO
RTTK Modric
Valverde
TB Albarez
TB Aspas
Futre Hero
Cunha Objectives

I sold RTTK Joao Pedro to make this team happen, he was averaging over two goals a game for me. If Futre doesnt do it for me, I'll bring him back.

EvilChuck

Went from 18-2 to 14-6 from one week to the next..

I played Centurions Pedri with RTTK Modric and it unbalanced everything. Won 15 matches consecutively (Qualifiers and Rivals) since replacing him with Bellingham/Valverde.

Currently playing;

Ederson
Walker
Rudiger
Araujo
Tierney EVO
RTTK Modric
Valverde
TB Albarez
TB Aspas
Futre Hero
Cunha Objectives

I sold RTTK Joao Pedro to make this team happen, he was averaging over two goals a game for me. If Futre doesnt do it for me, I'll bring him back.
I have had a similar story with the Pedri card. I got him in the player picks from WL so I kinda have to use him, but didnt feel he was a massive improvement over Musiala.

Then I added a finisher chem on him, boosts the important dribbling stats to high 90s, while giving him explosive as his description, and the difference is night and day. I run my whole attack through him, his passing is already incredible but now his dribbling, positioning and shooting are great too.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
I have had a similar story with the Pedri card. I got him in the player picks from WL so I kinda have to use him, but didnt feel he was a massive improvement over Musiala.

Then I added a finisher chem on him, boosts the important dribbling stats to high 90s, while giving him explosive as his description, and the difference is night and day. I run my whole attack through him, his passing is already incredible but now his dribbling, positioning and shooting are great too.
Makes sense, chem styles are so important.

Rashford with a finisher is so much better than hunter for my style of play.

I liked Pedri's dribbling and passing but he was terrible for my midfield two balance.

EvilChuck

Just made it to elite division, and its like I am just starting as a new player. I have no idea how people press so effectively and break down my team with such ease. Honestly the skill level of everyone i have played has been miles ahead of anything i have encountered in any other division

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Just made it to elite division, and its like I am just starting as a new player. I have no idea how people press so effectively and break down my team with such ease. Honestly the skill level of everyone i have played has been miles ahead of anything i have encountered in any other division
It's why I miss the promotion and relegation divisons.

Rivals becomes a pretty miserable experience once you've stumbled into a division above your level.

FriedClams

A video popped up on my YouTube called the trickster glitch. Stark reminder of why I can never play that game again

EvilChuck

Just did the preview pack and up pops VVD. Had planned to finish Blanc as well, so looks like I have a new CB partnership coming

Edit: finished Blanc. Now have 32k, no goalkeeper and about 80 player items left in the club :lol:

Edit 2: Got Ederson for chem as gk, he has cardboard hands. By far the worst keeper I have used

Team for this weekend league

GK Ederson
RB Llorente (doing his evo version)
LB Ashley Cole
CB Blanc
CB VVD

CDM Rice
CM IF Goretzka
CM Centurion Pedri

RW Hero Giuly
LW TB Rodrygo
ST TB Kane

Expecting 14 wins. Would love 16 but i'm a realist

Last edited:

noodlehair

"It's like..."
For the career mode/single player people out there, this game gets a LOT better if you switch all rhe passing settings to full manual and then fiddle with sliders to make the cpu more likely to make errors and tome down its acceleration a bit. Slows the whole game down and makes you feel like you're actually in control of what your team is doing. Also seems to stop every game ending about 8-3

MiceOnMeth

For the career mode/single player people out there, this game gets a LOT better if you switch all rhe passing settings to full manual and then fiddle with sliders to make the cpu more likely to make errors and tome down its acceleration a bit. Slows the whole game down and makes you feel like you're actually in control of what your team is doing. Also seems to stop every game ending about 8-3
But will it stop the computer playing like prime Barca with unrelenting attacks? Every team played the same last time i played a fifa whether it was Man City or Accrington Stanley. Also their refusal to shoot from distance was infuriating

noodlehair

"It's like..."
But will it stop the computer playing like prime Barca with unrelenting attacks? Every team played the same last time i played a fifa whether it was Man City or Accrington Stanley. Also their refusal to shoot from distance was infuriating
It actually does seem to make it a lot more noticeable if you're playing a weaker opponent as they miscontrol the ball a lot more and seem to be a lot slower...but yeah can't say I've noticed different tactics/styles from different teams.

And it doesn't stop the dumb random ea stuff, like Andreas Pereira being an Olympic sprinter.

I am liking that it means I can actually play through balls inside the fullback or deliberately overhit a pass to open up space. It actually feels like a completely different game tbh.

I should stress I'm still not out of my 12 hour free trial yet. This discovery is probably the only reason I'll use the rest of the time up.

EvilChuck

Ederson was as shite as i anticipated. Finished with 13 wins. Tried Alisson, he's awful as well so back to Courtois in net.

Sold VVD as well and used the funds to do the Vidic SBC. Also got the centurion Olga Carmona and stuck her in the upgrade evo. And have started the evo for Inma Gabarro as someone absolutely ruined me with her in WL. First time using women in the game and they all seem to be incredible, with the combo of speed and agility. Gabarro is still at the 77 rating and she just dribbles through everyone.

dannyrhinos89

So I randomly pulled centurions De Bruyne from a free pack.

Best player I've got by far.

MarylandMUFan

Thanks for the tip. Just got the game (as well as the PS5) and don't play online so this will help make my experience more realistic.

Eddy_JukeZ

Up your depth to 71+ and you'll be able to do the same in all likelihood.

There's an auto press on 71+ depth. Hopefully gets patched soon.

Last edited:

Eddy_JukeZ

Ederson was as shite as i anticipated. Finished with 13 wins. Tried Alisson, he's awful as well so back to Courtois in net.

Sold VVD as well and used the funds to do the Vidic SBC. Also got the centurion Olga Carmona and stuck her in the upgrade evo. And have started the evo for Inma Gabarro as someone absolutely ruined me with her in WL. First time using women in the game and they all seem to be incredible, with the combo of speed and agility. Gabarro is still at the 77 rating and she just dribbles through everyone.
I want to launch Alisson into an SBC even though he's tradeable.

Absolutely despise him. Legit saves nothing for me in certain games. I have the coins to get an icon GK, but I cba spending so much on a GK even though I should.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Did it again, went 20-0 in WL. I am satisfied for the year.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Jesus, good effort. I havent spoken to anyone who played well this weekend.

Did you pack anyone worth it?
Maybe thats why I got 20-0 then, if no one was playing well. I only had one really tough match.

Think my total earnings was around 350k, not bad. I didnt face any team (much) better than mine.

JP77

So many things they need to fix. How is the 71 depth auto press still not patched?

Tired of people also quitting in FUT champs when you’re drawing or all over them. If they quit it should automatically give you a win. Another thing that needs patching/changing.

EvilChuck

Did the Forlan SBC. Assumed they were using his Atletico period as inspiration, so far it seems more like his United time. And the 2 other players you get as part of the set are trash too, so all in all a very, not worth it SBC

EvilChuck

I stand corrected. Changed his chem style to engine from hunter, and he is excellent. Needs the agility and balance boost more than a massive pace boost, he was getting into position but just not finishing when a defender pressured him, but the balance boost seems to have fixed that.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I’ve been trying FIFA 23 and it has a bug where the settings (mainly sliders) reset every time you boot the game up. Given how trash the default gameplay is, the game is no longer playable. EA are just such an abhorrent company with almost no redeeming quality.

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
So many things they need to fix. How is the 71 depth auto press still not patched?

Tired of people also quitting in FUT champs when you’re drawing or all over them. If they quit it should automatically give you a win. Another thing that needs patching/changing.
Some players are so toxic, they quit when they get a red, when you are given a pen or when you are through on goal.

NeglectedGoat

Anyone have any recommendations for prem or ligue 1/french midfielders (I have around 80k to spend). I play 4-2-4 and my current CM's are KDB and B.Silva. Wouldn't mind changing Silva for someone who's a bit more of an all rounder.

Last edited:

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
These fecking long shots in this game

EvilChuck

Bottled 14 wins this weekend. Was on 13 with 2 games left, went 2-0 up early in my 19th game and still managed to lose, and then the 20th game was a goal behind the whole game to a 4-3 loss.

Packed no one decent, got Valverde in the player picks as the highlight. Used him in the Selma Bacha SBC.

Also, stay away from the icon SBC. Best anyone out of me and my mates has packed from it is Miroslav Klose... should have used the fodder for the last squad in the Schmeichel SBC

gorky_utd

Bottled 14 wins this weekend. Was on 13 with 2 games left, went 2-0 up early in my 19th game and still managed to lose, and then the 20th game was a goal behind the whole game to a 4-3 loss.

Packed no one decent, got Valverde in the player picks as the highlight. Used him in the Selma Bacha SBC.

Also, stay away from the icon SBC. Best anyone out of me and my mates has packed from it is Miroslav Klose... should have used the fodder for the last squad in the Schmeichel SBC
Why would you use Valverde in a SBC?

dannyrhinos89

This game is in the worst state it’s ever been in, literally every match is the exact same. Run down wings, cut it back 90x a game.

all I do at the moment is log in at 6 see what sbcs they’ve released usually it’s utter crap then log off. I’ve no interest in actually playing the game.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Had a genius (in my opinion) and laborious idea last night to change up my career modes. Decided to go into create a player in settings and build in some legends. So far I’ve made, Ronaldinho, Rooney, Henry, Vidic, Ronaldo N, Kaka, Beckham, Gerrard. Hoping to add 1 or 2 to all the top teams. On my list I fancy Maradona at Napoli, Ibrahimovic (maybe at PSG?), Lampard and Drogba for Chelsea, Yaya at City. One thing I’ve always found is that by the time I build my super team the game becomes pretty easy so I reckon having some high level legends in the game will make it far more challenging and also it’s just quite cool. Can’t believe I’ve never thought to do it before to be honest!

Anyway last night I wanted to give the ones I made a spin, so started a PSG career and did a £1billion financial takeover. Had to swap Mbappe for Henry to afford them all as they literally all cost £150 million plus. Anyway my god it’s glorious, they actually look fantastic in game (except Henry, he looks like Henry from wish). Minute one Dinho is rainbow flicking his way down the pitch, switches it to Beckham, who whip in an outrageous cross and Henry (from wish) crashes it onto the bar. Sumptuous stuff! Anyway was chasing the goal, brought on Wazza who proceeded to bang a stunner in from 40 yards into the top corner. It’s like the natural order has been restored. Sorry ended up a long post, well done if you got here.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
You know that meme where the women is looking at her husband and the caption is “I wonder what he’s thinking” that was my sad ass at 12 last night unable to sleep because I’m thinking about which one/two legends to put into each team :lol:

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
This game is in the worst state it’s ever been in, literally every match is the exact same. Run down wings, cut it back 90x a game.

all I do at the moment is log in at 6 see what sbcs they’ve released usually it’s utter crap then log off. I’ve no interest in actually playing the game.
True, add to that corner goals with Van Dijk or Blanc and finesses from 25m with Salah.
Everyone has the same meta teams, plays the same and you need to concentrate 120% in order to get a result.
How I miss old Fifa UT's when the gameplay was actually consistent and people used to play with gold cards throughout the year.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I'll keep playing for a bit longer but it's such a shite game this year. It's like anti football. I rarely try finesse shots and try to play my usual way but I'm getting killed by Salah and Son. As soon as they pick the ball up 25 yards out you have to defend for your life as if they're on the penalty spot, because if they turn then its a finesse wonder strike. Keeper stood 8 yards off his line and his elbows snapping in half so he can't get a hand to the ball.

There's no way to play a realistic style of football unless maybe if you are a lot better than me (working up through div 4 currently).

What gets me is that there's absolutely no need to play the game and upgrade your team. Unless they nerf Son and Salah then you won't get better players. The rest of the team are just there to defend and feed those two. Such a pointless game if that's how you're going to try and play.

I can deal with the cutbacks, I'm only getting punished with them if the opposition is much better than me or gung ho in their style, which leaves openings for me.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I'll keep playing for a bit longer but it's such a shite game this year. It's like anti football. I rarely try finesse shots and try to play my usual way but I'm getting killed by Salah and Son. As soon as they pick the ball up 25 yards out you have to defend for your life as if they're on the penalty spot, because if they turn then its a finesse wonder strike. Keeper stood 8 yards off his line and his elbows snapping in half so he can't get a hand to the ball.

There's no way to play a realistic style of football unless maybe if you are a lot better than me (working up through div 4 currently).

What gets me is that there's absolutely no need to play the game and upgrade your team. Unless they nerf Son and Salah then you won't get better players. The rest of the team are just there to defend and feed those two. Such a pointless game if that's how you're going to try and play.

I can deal with the cutbacks, I'm only getting punished with them if the opposition is much better than me or gung ho in their style, which leaves openings for me.
Even if the keeper gets to it, it is a corner and you can only pray that van Dijk or Blanc won't score :lol: Should definitely patch those two things

I hit a wall in div 4 as well. It's really crazy, in previous titles I played less and made my way to div 1 or elite. The average quality of opponents seems incredibly high, there are barely any easy wins anymore and most tend to get the basics right. Wonder whether they adjusted the matchmaking a bit or many rather casual players skipped the game because of the rebranding