Eden Hazard | "I am signing for Chelsea"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
so the guy reporting yesterday that hazard was due to sign for utd on friday, and the other reports that he had been spotted at O.T today havent been put together?

Could there possibly be a link between this? or do we still believe its all WUMMING and hes off too city as many of you like to think.

Will Absolute

It depends on whether Hazard see's himself as a winger or a creative midfielder. He may well want to play in the centre meaning that option would appeal to him. Who knows?

Nobody, that's who.
Answering your own questions. Hmm.

Had any hand tremors lately? Purple buttock discoloration? Fugue? Have you gone out to buy milk, and woke to find yourself in a South Korean brothel?

If so, you're probably okay. If your feeling fine though, I'd begin to worry.

RyanGoggs

Insists on dating women in public places - for the
Every season we seem to put in a big money bid "on top of" the players we have signed. Apparently we had very real interests (and bids) on Silva, Villa and Sanchez over the past few years. There were also strong rumours of a bid for Sneijder. I would hazard a guess that we may well try and pull out all the stops to sign Eden and that this contingency fund for superstar players does exist. Hopefully we can beat City to him, could see us developing him into a Ronaldo type player

Will Absolute

Every season we seem to put in a big money bid "on top of" the players we have signed. Apparently we had very real interests (and bids) on Silva, Villa and Sanchez over the past few years. There were also strong rumours of a bid for Sneijder. I would hazard a guess that we may well try and pull out all the stops to sign Eden and that this contingency fund for superstar players does exist. Hopefully we can beat City to him, could see us developing him into a Ronaldo type player
Indications are that Lille will let him go to the club of his choice if their basic (very high) demands are met. The transfer fee shouldn't be a big issue.

If we lose him, it's because he chooses higher wages at City.

99 red balloons

Indications are that Lille will let him go to the club of his choice if their basic (very high) demands are met. The transfer fee shouldn't be a big issue.

If we lose him, it's because he chooses higher wages at City.
How many more trophies can City win before we have to stop telling ourselves that?

RyanGoggs

Insists on dating women in public places - for the
How many more trophies can City win before we have to stop telling ourselves that?
I think the wages are the only advantage city have over us. In terms if winning future trophies its pretty level and we are ahead in terms of history. It really comes down to a better historical club with a record of producing superstars and with the greatest manager ever vs. a shed load of cash

CnutOfAllCnuts

Bald Boring Cnut
History means feck all to these players, it's a combination of money and the club being competitive (in the league and possibly in Europe).
So basically, they go to City because of the money then.

There are other factors in choosing a club, such as prestige, size of following, attendances etc.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
So basically, they go to City because of the money then.

There are other factors in choosing a club, such as prestige, size of following, attendances etc.
Not only money, if City was competing for the EL next season with as much cash available to them, you can be sure he wouldn't be interested in signing for them.
Among all the factors you mentioned why not the the club's capacity to compete for major titles ? Man City a combination of money, possibilities of winning trophies and also importantly a player like Kompany (who's a big friend of Hazard) who would help him settle.
edit: just to be clear I'm not saying at United, Hazard wouldn't get to compete for major trophies just that his final decision will not be only be money based.

Ash_G

Or simply in general players will best go where they can achieve the most as well as be well compensated. As much as people don't like City, they've proven that not only are they a rich club, they're a club who are looking to win on all fronts and have achieved the title. Calling players mercenaries for going there now is just petty.

Neo_Mufc

Correct me if I'm wrong but the guy has said he wants to join the premier league and he will be wearing blue next season?

Smores

That whole vague Manchester statement reeks of man city's small time nature. Wouldn't surprise me if they've signed him but wanted to make him choosing them over us as big a deal as possible.

Neo_Mufc

He has said the first part but he has not said he will be wearing blue next season. That quote is false.
Ok thanks, MEN says he will make a decision soon.

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereve...r-manchester---but-will-he-be-a-red-or-a-blue

Both clubs can make a great proposition, he can be part of one of the greatest clubs in the world and be part of the history etc or he can join a club who's plans are to become a great club. Essentially City will bumper his transfer 5-10million and offer around 50-75k extra. If City hadn't won the title I'd say we had more of a chance.

Will Absolute

Ok thanks, MEN says he will make a decision soon.

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereve...r-manchester---but-will-he-be-a-red-or-a-blue

Both clubs can make a great proposition, he can be part of one of the greatest clubs in the world and be part of the history etc or he can join a club who's plans are to become a great club. Essentially City will bumper his transfer 5-10million and offer around 50-75k extra. If City hadn't won the title I'd say we had more of a chance.
That article is 3 days old though. A thousand transfer rumours have come and gone since that was written.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
It's hardly rawkish. In fact it's not really all that far fetched. If he does sign for them you can almost guarantee he's going to say something about realising after coming to Manchester that it's filled with blues.

It's the standard statement made by almost all of their new signings.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Well as he's coming to United we don't have to think about that.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Dunno about 'rawkish', but I've long suspected that City's 'scouts' merely follow United's lead when it comes to potential signings, rather than do their own work; for a long time, whenever we were linked with someone, a day or so later City's people attempted to hijack the move. So, yes, even at club level, there's too much obsession with United & trying to get one over us.

skeeta

Yet another rambling idiot
If it comes down to him sitting down with both clubs to compare deals we are not able to compete financially, even Gill has said that competing financially with city wont be possible for us. The war chest has gone missing about 24 hours after he declared there was a war chest. City will easily out muscle us on the money end of any deal.
United would love to get Hazard. Eden has the potential to give us 7-10years service. From a business perspective; he'd be a fantasic investment. From a football perspective it is a no-brainer. We would certainly try an offer stick.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
Hope he just comes out and says "I am going to Manchester City" - so we can be done with this debate, it is like the final day of the premier league season all over again albeit in a much smaller proportion.

manutddjw

The only way we could sign him is if he wants to join United and doesn't want to go to City. His comments of "I'll be playing in Manchester", suggest he doesn't really have a preference of which club he goes to and either will do.

With that comes a bidding a war, that we can not win. Lille will obviously push him toward City because of the bigger transfer fee they'll recieve and City will offer him more in wages as well.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Hope he just comes out and says "I am going to Manchester City" - so we can be done with this debate, it is like the final day of the premier league season all over again albeit in a much smaller proportion.
He could say that, indeed... He didn't.

He could also say like Nasri that he wants to create history with City... He didn't.

You can read here what he said about Sir Alex and Manchester United not so long ago.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/7698559/Sir-Alex-admits-Hazard-qualities-

Art

Art the artist
It's not like Hazard doesn't know that City are richer than us when it comes to wages etc. If he did wanted to go to city, he would've said so. Face it lads. We're looking at the next No.7.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
It's not like Hazard doesn't know that City are richer than us when it comes to wages etc. If he did wanted to go to city, he would've said so. Face it lads. We're looking at the next No.7.
Or he is using our interest to get the contract that he wants at City.

Crustanoid

:lol: as if there is any chance he's going to come to us when there's a 250k per week contract with a 'bail out for 6 months to the golf course if you want a break from turning out for our shitty plastic club' clause added on

izzydiggler

From Hazard's point of view, City are champions of England and arguably have a better squad, have unlimited recourses to improve and take a run at the CL for years to come. They can outbid us easily and offer wages far in excess of what we will.

We have history, the greatest manager ever and a great squad too and he (if reports are correct) has a difficult decision to make.......but the accusation that he would choose city purely for money is about 2 years out of date.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I think you are hoping thats what he would do. But I doubt it. He is going to City for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.