Eden Hazard | Real Madrid Confirm the signing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The amount of people saying 130m is "reasonable" seems amazing.

How many players have gone for over 100m? Is it more than two or three?

And you think madrid will pay it for a guy who only wants to go to them and has a year left?
No chance. It's posturing from chelsea.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

And you think madrid will pay it for a guy who only wants to go to them and has a year left?
I think so. Contract length hamstrings Chelsea and Madrid know that. Be surprised if he want for more than £80m, even £65m.

Kapardin

130 million in today's market is absolutely reasonable. I reckon they'll get him, maybe Jovic and a CM. But shifting their old assets will be difficult to balance the books. They've already spent 90 million on Rodrygo and Eder Militao.

Players like Bale, Benzema, Modric will hardly bring in any big transfer fees and it feels like that's starting to dawn on them now. Maybe they can use Bale as a pawn in a potential Eriksen deal to soften the financial hit.
They are like an elite version of us. Their problems are all similar - lack of firepower up front, aging midfield and backline being shaky. They also have unwanted players on huge wages. Only difference is that their unwanted players like Bale are still a class better than ours like Sanchez.

The Nani

Never mind his age.

I do wonder if Prem clubs will bow their necks this summer though. I can’t see Spurs being easy to deal with re Eriksen either. And the Spanish giants are on the wane financially.

SwedishFish

They are like an elite version of us. Their problems are all similar - lack of firepower up front, aging midfield and backline being shaky. They also have unwanted players on huge wages. Only difference is that their unwanted players like Bale are still a class better than ours like Sanchez.
I think they have a bigger rebuild tbh. They have to replace almost their entire champions league winning squad. The biggest mistake that they made was to not speed that process up by offloading more players last summer when they had the chance.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

@tenpoless Seriously? Not only do we have much better relationships with Real Madrid (let's not forget they helped us after the munich air disaster) but they're also not even close to a rival in any shape or form as of right now.

On the other hand Chelsea is and you surely don't want them to get a 150M+ fee for Hazard do you?

Cliche Guevara

Thought the interviewer handled that quite well.

Hazard thinks it’s goodbye and expects to know it’s done in the next couple of days.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
:lol:

As much as everyone already knew, I'd be annoyed if our best player did that right after winning a cup final. He'd have known 100% the question was coming, he should've had an answer ready.

Aloysius's Back 3

:lol:

As much as everyone already knew, I'd be annoyed if our best player did that right after winning a cup final. He'd have known 100% the question was coming, he should've had an answer ready.
Kind of what happened with LVG to be fair but the other way around :lol:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Think the lack of a CL is the only thing that stops him going down as Chelsea’s best ever. Top 3 easy.

izec

Finally he is gone. As much as i loved him, he was always turning it up against us. Now i can enjoy him more

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
The deal is practically signed and the fee agreed when he says such thing just after the final.

Brilliant player, the one people will gladly pay a ticket just to see him play. And finally can enjoy him in another club.

Yagami

Good post resistant
He has to be the most overrated player I've seen in the prem.

youngrell

Wish interviewers like that would feck off. It's not your fecking scoop mate. The guy has just won a major final and you're forcing him to tell his fans he's leaving when he clearly doesn't want to.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Most talented premier league player since Ronaldo left IMO, such a shame we didnt manage to bring him here in 2012. Been hamstrung by play style at Chelsea for years and even still has had a very successful period there. Chelsea's going to drop real hard without him next season.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

If Hazard had more than a year left on his contract, his price would be pretty much world record range. After Ronaldo, he's the 'best' footballer that is going to transfer between clubs in the past decade IMO.

In terms of 100m+ footballers, transfermarket in euros says:
  1. Neymar - €222m
  2. Coutinho - €145m
  3. Mbappe - €135m
  4. Dembele - €125m
  5. Ronaldo - €117m
  6. Pogba - €105m
  7. Bale - €101m

Paul_Scholes18

Can we try to get him in any way? Probably not worth the try because I don't think he wants to join us and Chelsea would probably rather sell him to Madrid.

Green_Red

Cant believe the way the reporter cornered him there to try to get a story out of him. feckin leeches!

AllezLesDiables

Can we try to get him in any way? Probably not worth the try because I don't think he wants to join us and Chelsea would probably rather sell him to Madrid.
The one thing about Hazard is that he’s loyal. It’s why he was never interested in PSG (Lille) and I do not think he’ll ever play for any other PL club.

Depending on how his Madrid stint goes he might be back Chelsea, Lille or who knows maybe a Belgian club, but can’t see him at any other French Club or English club.

Seth.R

He has to be the most overrated player I've seen in the prem.
You ever watched the geezer play football???

It’s a shame he’s leaving the Premier League, been a pleasure to watch from a neutral perspective.

Always prefer for the best players to be in the Premier League (as long as they’re not at Liverpool - was more than happy to see Suarez leave).

Sterling Archer

Think the lack of a CL is the only thing that stops him going down as Chelsea’s best ever. Top 3 easy.
Even if he won the Champions League with them, I'd have to say those first Mourinho years are hard to top. That group of players really took Chelsea to another level which is why they are competing now. Plus, it had a core of youth players.

Definitely Terry and Lampard up top, then Hazard and maybe Zola in the mix

Status
Not open for further replies.