6.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andersons Dietician

That finish last night was special. Even with an absolutely terrible pass from Bruno. Made it as hard as he could for Cavani which made the finish even better. The pass to Mason was top notch as well. Thought he was great last night and probably should have had 2 more goals or at least another assist.

There was a bit of movement he made I think it was Rashford running across the 18 yarder but whomever it was had to reverse the ball to him it was exceptional. Made it look like he was lost then all of a sudden just found himself in acres with an easy ball through to him.

Buffalo Bills

Funny all these comments now. I remember when we were about to sign him everybody was saying he was over the hill, injury prone, evern over rated and couldnt be an effective starter for the majority of premier league sides when I suggested he would be one of the best five centre forwards in the league. I admit I too was against signing him as wanted a longer term signing and didnt think we would make use of his aerial presence in the box which to a degree we havent, but anybody surprised by his quality cant have seen him at Napoli or PSG before they made all the galatico signings and he got shunted out wide.
To a lesser degree, feel same about Thiago Silva, these are two of the best players in there respective positions over the last 10-15years, no surprise even past there peaks they are performing at a high level still when fit the majority of the time.

Hands up. I didn't want the guy when we were signing him. In reality I just totally misjudged him and unfairly at that since I really hadn't seen enough of him.

However, pretty much right away I could see how wrong I had been. Now totally love everything about this guy and would love to see him play here another year....hopefully in front of fans. His family situation must be difficult though and I really hope he can get this resolved

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
He's too good still not to be spending at least one more season in Europe/Champions League.

Completely get his reasonings for maybe wanting out, but he's quite comfortably the best striker we've had in our team since Van Persie during SAF's last season.

ForeverRed1

He HAS to experience fans in the stadium! He hasn’t had a real old Trafford experience yet and it’s criminal. Hopefully his wife agrees to staying in manchester another year, that’s what it’s coming down to.

laughtersassassin

Looks like we might be getting our wish of both Pogba and Cavani staying another season!

Surely this allows us to go get Sancho and Rice

Martialfc

I love the guy. He epitomises man United of old. Just pure class on and off the field. I hope we keep him. What a leader, his movement is ridiculous. I just hope he can keep his wife happy at home cos she’s probably moaning about being locked up in a mansion in Manchester. We would all prefer to live in the warmth of Uruguay . There is no way Cavani is unhappy here it must be his family that are causing the upset in his camp.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
If he stays I wonder if the plan would be to leave our CF options as they are for next season? Or to sell someone like Martial (who I have yet to hear any transfer rumours regarding) and move for someone else in addition to Cavani?

If Kane and/or Haaland are on the market this summer then opting not to compete for them may be something we come to regret. Particularly as that's an area the team we will be looking to overtake next year will almost certainly be looking to strengthen over the summer as well.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
That finish last night was special. Even with an absolutely terrible pass from Bruno. Made it as hard as he could for Cavani which made the finish even better. The pass to Mason was top notch as well. Thought he was great last night and probably should have had 2 more goals or at least another assist.

There was a bit of movement he made I think it was Rashford running across the 18 yarder but whomever it was had to reverse the ball to him it was exceptional. Made it look like he was lost then all of a sudden just found himself in acres with an easy ball through to him.
That finish was so hard and he made it look routine. He’s fecking class

He’s back to staying according to some French randomer on Twitter. That’s great news. One less transfer to do and the fans are going to LOVE him next season

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
He's been excellent since he joined. His attitude is exceptional and the thing that has surprised me the most is his workrate. We desperately needed it as well considering how bad Martial has been.

I read a comment from someone in the matchday thread that said he was a donkey. I can't quite fathom how you could come to that conclusion, to be honest. He's been brillaint. Let's hope he stays for another year.

Hughes35

Fingers crossed he stays. Absolute class act and you can see him helping the other players.

Would love us to keep him, sell Martial and bring in a new striker.

I also think if he had been playing in front of the fans all year he would be more likely to stay as we would have absolutely loved him.

Lee565

He's really hitting his stride at the back end of this season and you have to wonder what he could do for us next season when considering that he joined us late last summer and was coming back from a lengthy spell of injury issues in his last season with PSG. where as next season he will going into it off the back having a season with plenty of playing time and there wont be have no bedding in issues like the first season with settling into a new country, getting to understand playing with the rest of the team and our general way of playing.

I could see him getting 20+ goals in all competitions easily.

Raven

If he stays I wonder if the plan would be to leave our CF options as they are for next season? Or to sell someone like Martial (who I have yet to hear any transfer rumours regarding) and move for someone else in addition to Cavani?

If Kane and/or Haaland are on the market this summer then opting not to compete for them may be something we come to regret. Particularly as that's an area the team we will be looking to overtake next year will almost certainly be looking to strengthen over the summer as well.
I'd imagine the plan is to keep Cavani and give Martial another go, which will be do or die for his United career.

The Urban Goose

Great news re Cavani.

With Pogba performing well on the left I don't think we need Martial, I wouldn't be upset to see him sold and invest in centre mid, centre back and right wing.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
He's been pure class and I'm sure the fans will idolise him when we get back in the ground. He's guaranteed a great reception.
He also seems really fit and his movement is so efficient that I could see him playing at a high level for a few years yet.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Really want him to stay another season. He's actually a better player than I thought he was and I was delighted when we signed him

Craig Ward

Great news re Cavani.

With Pogba performing well on the left I don't think we need Martial, I wouldn't be upset to see him sold and invest in centre mid, centre back and right wing.
Wherever Pogba plays, we need better quality in the middle of the pitch,

Martial's time is surely up.

Cavani has shown in under a season what a natural top class CF can bring to the table.

Cavani has been great, and his workrate is so impressive. What a pro, what a player

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Bruno, Pogba, Cavani.

These three players are world class and on their day can score a goal from nothing but interplay between themselves.

I'd imagine the plan is to keep Cavani and give Martial another go, which will be do or die for his United career.
only if Cavani is undisputed no1. I wouldn’t be adverse having Martial as a squad player, whether he wants that i don’t know. But frankly, we don’t miss him when he doesn’t play.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
only if Cavani is undisputed no1. I wouldn’t be adverse having Martial as a squad player, whether he wants that i don’t know. But frankly, we don’t miss him when he doesn’t play.
There will be plenty of games for both of them.

Cavani I should be starting all of the top games though. The guy is an absolute beast.

Andersons Dietician

It's probably been mentioned but why did he have all those plasters? Starting to think he just swings on trees like Tarzan for training.
He had a pic up today on Instagram without the plaster and unless it’s an old photo then there is nothing there. Maybe he just likes nelly the rapper and is trying to bring the plaster look back.

Born2Lose

I expected him to be a success because he's always come across as a complete professional to me. What surprised me is how good he's been at times, always saw him as a striker who found himself in great postitions but misses a lot of chances. He's been lethal so far.

A pleasure to watch his movement, and watch him run opposition defenders ragged.

Teja

He's had a bad start to the season - came in as backup with Martial as our starting #9, no pre-season, just as he was hitting form he got banned by the idiotic FA, then he came back and scored a couple and got injured and is only now getting a consistent run in the squad as the starting #9.

Hope he stays for another year, he's too good to go play for Boca.

Raven

I can't claim to know the club's position on the matter but I would think he's still looking at Martial as our long term 9 as long as he can prove that this season was a blip. Perhaps I'm wrong but that's my take on the situation.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
If Cavani stays then I fully expects us to commit our transfer spending to a CB and CDM.

If Cavani stays, I will be super happy. The football romantic in my wants the Matador to feel the rush of the Stretford end when he scores a goal.

Dve

If fans can return to Old Trafford for the last game, make sure his name is sung. Make him feel most welcome to stay for another season!

Status
Not open for further replies.