6.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heinzesight

Love his attitude and passion. If most of the other players tonight had half his desire we’d have performed better.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
He tried and he got us back into it. The service just wasn't there though. We seemed like we thought we could play through Villarreal, despite our only joy coming when we got it wide and played outswinging crosses. Probably relieved he only has 12 months left of this crap.

BlueHaze

At 34 this man made a bigger impact than all our other attackers. That says it all. I have big hopes for Greenwood but we have a truly mediocre offence.

el3mel

Guy is a fecking legend. Doesn't deserve such losers around him.

Next season he will be fully fit from the start I will expect him to challenge for the golden boot.

The United

Thought he could have done better with that long ball which he passed to Rashford. My feed was shit so I was not sure.

Hopefully, he will be in the form next season. We will need him.

SAFMUTD

Sad for him, at his 34 years he run like a mad man fight every ball, gave his all you could see the mentality in him. Such a shame he couldn't win his first European title, probably his last chance at it.

Can't blame him for anything tonight, I take my hat off. Him and McTominay where the only ones that seem to knew they were playing for ManUtd.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He really puts most of his teammates to shame with his effort and desire to win. The number of times he ran back to disrupt their attacks makes no sense to me.

youmeletsfly

I'm going to say it but that's some captain material right there.
He should be fecking punching the other 9 feckers in the dressing room after the game. When a 34 year old Cavani runs and plays the way he did in a fecking final and 20 year olds like Pogba & Rashford aren't arsed to do jack shit, it's clear who needs to be given the 1st class ticket out of this team.

Godfather

The effort he puts in with 34 is incredible. Good goal. Even turned Shaw's ludicrous shot into a dangerous situation.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The commentary picked it up that he ran past the midfielders to try and stop a Villarreal attack. I love the effort but it does make you wonder about the rest of them.

spiriticon

Cavani wanted it last night. So did Scott McT.

Our team let the the both of them down badly.

The fact we had to play a 34 year old for 120 mins, because we have no other striker shows how desperately the squad needs big investment.

No other big club would allow themselves to be in that situation.

Sylar

The commentary picked it up that he ran past the midfielders to try and stop a Villarreal attack. I love the effort but it does make you wonder about the rest of them.
Yep, watching that was surreal. Shame we didn't have him earlier playing for us

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Put in a real shift. Feel sorry for him being let down by those around him.

Craig Ward

Truly amazing performance.

Worked his arse off, fought so hard for team and took his chance when it came.

Our only player to come out of that game with any pride. The amount of times he sprinted past his own players tracking back - absolute hero.

Put a lot of players to shame with that performance. Run more in that game than Martial has in his entire utd career

Nero

Put some of them to shame

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
He really puts most of his teammates to shame with his effort and desire to win. The number of times he ran back to disrupt their attacks makes no sense to me.
I've been used to it for over a decade, but it does amaze me he can still keep it up.

I always wondered how much more he could score, beyond his already excellent record, if he were a bit more selfish, conserved energy, and maintained his position upfront.

Wouldn't make him a better player, certainly not for Uruguay as we absolutely need that, but it's the sort of thing that gets overlooked when statsos compare gpg, xg and whatnot.

MattofManchester

This man's fitness levels must be something else.
Hopefully he keeps it up next season. We will need him.
With more service and a better team, he could be deadly.

Eternitiy

It will be a real shame if he doesn't have a trophy by the end of his United career. Absolute elite athlete and striker with a winner's mentality. Have loved his mentoring of Greenwood this season as well.

nainaisson

He tracked back so much against Villarreal, I think it's fair to say he was our best centre-back. His stamina is incredible.

Raveneye

For all his goals and sensational form carrying us over the line, my favorite moment from Cavani this season is when he charged in to defend Greenwood against Roma.

el3mel

Such enjoyable set of goals. Absolute class.

The goal against Roma at 2:55 is classic Cavani.

Hopefully next season will challenge for the golden boot.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Guess we now know how he celebrated signing for Utd.

Became a dad for the 2nd time today

Roane

Cavani and his Mrs Jocelyn welcome baby number 4.

Silvestre born 4th June.

Apparently one of the reasons he was looking to leave was so baby could be born in his home country

Status
Not open for further replies.