Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Don't think he makes any noteworthy pass or shooting attempts. But his presence and energy alone is such a huge boost to the team, every time he's on the pitch feels like we switch gears instantly
He pegs the central defenders back and into the box, which creates space between the lines. He keeps them on their toes and drags them around, which creates space for others.

You don't need to even touch the ball to do good centreforward work. Against Atalanta he dragged two markers, ducked to leave the ball for a central Cristiano (who didn't read it, but dragged another two with his run) and, lo and behold, nobody was tracking Maguire.

What he does is what needs to be done to break down a low block defence. In such games, if fit, he starts. No two ways about it.

Man Utd 0:5 Liverpool

TSE123

The best midfielder in United today… hang on …. haha
He was the one player (dropping down low) giving structure and order to build up attacking play.
He also shows how important a defensively hard working attacker is. Defending starts with the striker. It sets the shape and is key to win balls in midfield. None of the other attackers do it.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
What an insult by Ole to bring him on at 0-5. Wtf is he suppossed to do. Just put on some kids or don't bother using subs.

hp88

Cavani has not been treated properly by the club.
The way certain players have been created doesn't really sit right with me, pointless pleading with him to stay last season if we just going to use him as sub.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Give it a rest with how the club/Ole treat very well paid personnel, will you? He sure as feck isn't offended.

He is not that type which would rather not have been involved so as to point fingers. If anything, he would have wanted to avoid further demolition and got the chance to help with that.

Could/should have started ahead of Ronaldo? Probably. Would have lost anyway they way we defended today.

Born2Lose

Ole needs to back to the basics now and make the team difficult to beat, Cavani should be one of the first names on the teamsheet, leave Rashford, Greenwood and Sancho to fight for the other spot.

SonyaCross493

Cavani needs to play against Spurs. Play him off the right like he did for PSG and other clubs he's played for. He's use to playing second fiddle so he will be less selfish than both Greenwood and Rashford. Plus he will track back and press.

I think it will get the best out of Ronaldo too. Cavani is just as good as Benzema.

Cavani/Ronaldo/Sancho(Or Rashford as can't see Ole dropping Rashford)

that front 3 would tear it up. It's interchangeable too.

the_cliff

The best midfielder in United today… hang on …. haha
He was the one player (dropping down low) giving structure and order to build up attacking play.
He also shows how important a defensively hard working attacker is. Defending starts with the striker. It sets the shape and is key to win balls in midfield. None of the other attackers do it.
I've mentioned it before. The reason we performed better last season is due to Cavani supporting the midfield when Bruno is constantly out of position. Ronaldo doesn't do that, which looks like our midfield is completely outnumbered always. It was always a matter of time till a result like todays, we've been playing with fire since Ronaldo signed. The fact that Ole hasn't realised this is in itself a sackable offense. I really want to hope that Ole and our coaching staff is not that out of depth but Bruno is still constantly out of position and he hasn't been dropped which makes me think that Ole has no idea what's going on and hasn't instructed him to support.

Just rewatch the Everton game and you'll see the difference in the first half with Cavani and our midfield structure compared to the second half when he gets switched for Ronaldo and to think people said we dropped points cos we rested our 'best players'.

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
I thought you looked pretty good with Cavani up top at the end of last season. Can't understand why you threw that away.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
Complete lacks of respect from Ole to bring him and let him run here and there at 5-0.

He's completely under used this season, and waste of time as the guy only plays 20 mins per game.

sp_107

What an insult by Ole to bring him on at 0-5. Wtf is he suppossed to do. Just put on some kids or don't bother using subs.
The real highlight was even at 5-0 down and he was coming offf from bench, Instead of sulking Cavani was asking about his postion/tactics on touch line.........Wow I am in real awe of this person. what an elegant guy.

sp_107

is it Karma that Ole is now getting lot of stick for his treatment of players like Cavani/DVB

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Massive waste. He’s the odd one out since Ronaldo signed, he’s on a fortune too to just sit on the bench. Love his aggression and physical style of leadership. I think he was giving us such a massive clue as to what we’ve been missing over the last few years with the aggressive non stop pressing and direct play and then we bench him and sell James and surprise we can’t be arsed to even pretend to do it anymore. Unless you have a perfect team you need an effective system. We’d just stumbled onto one almost as if by complete chance and then decided to go back to the old way with the signings we made.

Tottenham 0:3 Man Utd

el3mel

This guy is my most favorite United player currently by a long margin.

Must start every game in the league no matter what. His energy, pressing, work rate and fighting are ridiculous. Brings so much to the team from upfront.

Just a joy to watch.

snk123

This guy is just brilliant. However, sometimes his passing leaves a lot to be desired. Put us in big trouble with that misplaced pass. Needs to play every game when he is fit. We have two 35+ year olds who really defy their age

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp

Must start every game in the league no matter what. His energy, pressing, work rate and fighting are ridiculous. Brings so much to the team from upfront.

Just a joy to watch.
I'm in the same boat. I celebrate his goals more than any other player, and got his shirt the day after he signed. A true warrior that never shows bad attitude or lack of desire. How can anyone not love him as a fan?

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Should start whenever available. What a player and what a guy

The United

Helped out the team and the shape. He is always class like that.

His two bad passes though...

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Just a joy to watch.
Me too I think.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Brilliant striker. Hopeful he starts more often

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
He should always be in the team when available. The best leader we have on the pitch.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
All action performance....and he's such a top guy he even tried to help Spurs out.

Obviously they didn't accept his generosity. Wankers.

He should be one of the first names on the team sheet for me

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
What a player. Wish we signed him years ago. Role model for any young player.

Bobski

Warrior, massive work ethic and puts the team first every time.

Based Adnan

He'll be remembered for a long time when he's gone despite only playing for 2 seasons

LoneStar

Absolutely love to see him play for us! Class player, and always gives us a 100% every time he’s on the pitch. His fitness (in matches) at his age honestly ridiculous. Players like him, and Ronaldo really exemplify peak fitness.

united for life

Man I love this guy. Zero arrogance. Plays as if he needs to prove himself. Fights for every ball. His passion is much needed. Should feature more often whenever fit (hope he stays injury free).

Status
Not open for further replies.