Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
My favorite player in the team, which might be a bit odd since he's mostly been used as a sub and hasn't been here that long, but I just love the way he gives absolutely everything he has every single game.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I remember thinking this guy was overrated for years. Shows what the feck I know about football. He's class.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Grown men in here sound like teenage girls with a crush on a teacher…….good finish, poor overall. Nearly gifted a goal and produced Spurs best cross of the night. Also missed a sitter. His all round game is often average. He’s a good goal scorer with good movement but ffs the hyperbole surrounding him is bizarre. If he looked like Ian Dowie there’s no way people would hold him in such esteem. I think he looks like a lot of men would like to look.
Yes, and?

Grown men in here sound like teenage girls with a crush on a teacher…….good finish, poor overall. Nearly gifted a goal and produced Spurs best cross of the night. Also missed a sitter. His all round game is often average. He’s a good goal scorer with good movement but ffs the hyperbole surrounding him is bizarre. If he looked like Ian Dowie there’s no way people would hold him in such esteem. I think he looks like a lot of men would like to look.
Got no qualms saying I have a massive man crush on him. Everything about him oozes class.

Vaibhav Raj

Towards the last few minutes of the game, Fred was beaten by a Tottenham player on our left side and the said Tottenham player was then surely going to deliver a cross in the box. Understanding this threat, Cavani prompted Luke Shaw to go close the player down when the latter was stood in the box just ball watching. When Cavani realized that Luke didn't grasp the urgency/danger of the situation (maybe relaxed because we had a 2-0 lead), he himself ran past Luke Shaw and closed the player down. That and the brilliantly taken goal sums up Cavani. Difficult not to have him as your favorite player despite Ronaldo playing in the same team. The workrate, the passion, the understanding of the game and the professionalism he displays on the pitch is top-top notch.

sp_107

Ole stated that recalling Cavani was an easy decision after he produced “probably the best performance anyone has put into a training session here” in the first group session after the Liverpool defeat///

No wonder i still feel close to Cavani even after Ronaldo joined us....class all over that man Cavani !! I could imagine how much he helped everyone else to forget Pool game and worjk their socks off in the training.

TSE123

Despite some small mistakes he was great ones again. Definitely man of the match with his work rate and structuring! Intelligent player who does so much more than just play well on the ball!

GueRed

What a man. Loved everywhere he has been.
You can see why.

Shame he's injury prone and ancient...

Otherwise definite starter every game for me.

SonyaCross493

El Matador and CR7 will tear it up. They both have a great understanding and respect for each other

shame Cavani is leaving at the end of the season. Unless we manage to convince him to give us another year

Rashford and Greenwood will have to show patience and get use to the bench if Ole sticks to this formation.

OrcaFat

This man is very important to us. Seems to drag the team along with him.

Dan_F

I’d say it’s probably more to do with the effort he puts in and the fact that he seems to actually care about whether we win or lose, but who knows.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Awful post.

NYAS

Any remotely competent psychologist would look at your post and conclude that you’re the one most enamoured by the way he looks and is immensely uncomfortable with that reality.

You need to have an honest conversation with yourself about what that means and stop projecting your insecurities onto others.

sp_107

I remember thinking this guy was overrated for years. Shows what the feck I know about football. He's class.

Same here, If i have a chance to meet just one UTD player I definetely pick Cavani...I am in full awe with him. A very likeable character

sp_107

El Matador and CR7 will tear it up. They both have a great understanding and respect for each other

shame Cavani is leaving at the end of the season. Unless we manage to convince him to give us another year

Rashford and Greenwood will have to show patience and get use to the bench if Ole sticks to this formation.
if we win something and keep singing his song he will run through brick walls for us for another year too(22-23 sesaon). Pure Passion.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Is there anyone left in our squad who he has not run past to press or help out the team?

It never stops being crazy to me that a 35 year old, coming to the end of his career with nothing to prove, who should by all rights have no real 'feeling' for the club or the fans, still runs himself into the ground every single match for us the way he does. He was basically a box-to-box striker yesterday.

He plays every game like it's his first.

On the other hand I sometimes wonder if we've become Stockholmed into thinking that fight and effort is something to be lauded instead of just...normal.

Is Cavani a freak or are we just used to forwards who give very little of themselves out of possession? Something in between?

Last edited:

FatTails

Him and Varane are just different. I feel a weird sense of calm and assuredness when I see them on the pitch. They know what they’re doing, and they ooze class. My favourite two United players right now.

Zaboot

Was one of our best players last season aswell. Shouldn't have been shoved to the bench but when ole's job was on the line he made room for him.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Any remotely competent psychologist would look at your post and conclude that you’re the one most enamoured by the way he looks and is immensely uncomfortable with that reality.

You need to have an honest conversation with yourself about what that means and stop projecting your insecurities onto others.
That’s the problem with only being remotely competent though. In terms of man crushes I greatly preferred Becks, Sharpe or a young Cristiano. But I also found two of those to have been brilliant players for us.....while Cavani has done very little at all.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Him and Varane are just different. I feel a weird sense of calm and assuredness when I see them on the pitch. They know what they’re doing, and they ooze class. My favourite two United players right now.
Ronaldos in another league to Cavani. Varane too to be fair.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
It never stops being crazy to me that a 35 year old, coming to the end of his career with nothing to prove, who should by all rights have no real 'feeling' for the club or the fans, still runs himself into the ground every single match for us the way he does. He was basically a box-to-box striker yesterday.

He plays every game like it's his first.

On the other hand I sometimes wonder if we've become Stockholmed into thinking that fight and effort is something to be lauded instead of just...normal.

Is Cavani a freak or are we just used to forwards who give very little of themselves out of possession? Something in between?
Nah, I've been watching him play for the NT for over a decade and still appreciate it as the exceptionally selfless attribute it is. Even a peak hard working and uber competitive Suárez never got anywhere near him.

Remember the AWB tackle on the Spurs offside? I've seen him, as striker, do that at least three times.

sirAlexsglasses

I watched quite a bit of Ligue un over the years and I knew he was good, and I wanted him at United for years. But it isn’t until you see him live that you see how good he really is. He’s at the end of his career when most players are taking the big pay day and easy game……not this guy, he gives 100% in every thing he does. That’s all I ask of as a fan, you leave it all on the pitch, and he does that and more, cult hero already El Matador.

Kerry Donaghy

Supports
Celtic
Was very underwhelmed when he signed him, was never that impressed when I'd watched him at PSG.

He's well and truly shut me up, what a player and what an example to every player out there.

Absolutely love him.

Status
Not open for further replies.