Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Beautiful man and beautiful goal. For a thousand times mentioned here, I wish we had him 5-7 years ago.

432JuanMata

The guys work rate at 34 is beautiful. It really shows up the Caf when they are against signing players in their 30’s as they think it’s too old.
These days 34 years old is nothing to a player that looks after themselves

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Most here considered him overrated and said he could only do it in the French league.
He moved to French League too early. He lived in Forlan and Suarez shadow with Uruguay.

But I remember there was a thread about a backup striker many years ago, and most wanted him but realized it's impossible to get him from PSG.

Golden Nugget

I’m so happy he got the goal. Really deserved it.

didn’t sulk about his lack of playing time and gave everything today. Amazing player

Lights Out

Jeez, I absolutely love this man. I think he’s one of my favourite ever players.

kundalini

Got a goal. Could have done better with his chances in the first half. Worked hard as usual. A bit careless with his crazy passes back towards De Gea that Kane intercepted and across the field to Luke Shaw.

He can play a lot better than that but it was still an important contribution.

432JuanMata

He moved to French League too early. He lived in Forlan and Suarez shadow with Uruguay.

But I remember there was a thread about a backup striker many years ago, and most wanted him but realized it's impossible to get him from PSG.
He lived in their shadow due to being happy with going out wide to accommodate others. He was always a top player and even at 34 shows his class

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I am in love. I can't deny...

el3mel

Cavani has always been class. Him and Zlatan never really got enough credit because PSG used to bottle it big time in CL, so gave shadows of them being bottlers while they weren't.

Devil may care

You can see Ronaldo likes playing with him as opposed to the younger players, missed a decent headed chance in the first half and gad a very dangerous backpass error that let hapless Harry in, but he worked tirelessly and took his goal with aplomb.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
I thought love was only true in fairy tales
Meant for someone else but not for me
Then I saw Cavani

Thats all I have

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Gave the best training performance Ole's ever seen on Tuesday apparently. Fair play.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Grown men in here sound like teenage girls with a crush on a teacher…….good finish, poor overall. Nearly gifted a goal and produced Spurs best cross of the night. Also missed a sitter. His all round game is often average. He’s a good goal scorer with good movement but ffs the hyperbole surrounding him is bizarre. If he looked like Ian Dowie there’s no way people would hold him in such esteem. I think he looks like a lot of men would like to look.

Rockets Redglare

Grown men in here sound like teenage girls with a crush on a teacher…….good finish, poor overall. Nearly gifted a goal and produced Spurs best cross of the night. Also missed a sitter. His all round game is often average. He’s a good goal scorer with good movement but ffs the hyperbole surrounding him is bizarre. If he looked like Ian Dowie there’s no way people would hold him in such esteem. I think he looks like a lot of men would like to look.
Which sitter? Please don’t tell me you mean that header in the first half.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
:lol:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He lived in their shadow due to being happy with going out wide to accommodate others. He was always a top player and even at 34 shows his class
At the time, he was viewed as striker with great movement but missing chances. He also "viewed" as never performed in big stages.
He improved massively when he aged, though.

But you're right about his selfless attitude. He's always a warrior, and i think world football (in general) didn't know that he could fit in Premier League like Varane with his suit.

Last edited:

OleBoiii

:lol:

432JuanMata

At the time, he was viewed as striker with great movement but missing chances. He also "viewed" as never performed in big stages.
He improved massively when he aged, though.

He definitely didn’t perform in big moments which is true but the missed chances is due to the fact he isn’t the best finisher but also due to his movement which gets him chances.

He has improved his finishing but still it’s not the best but his movement is still leagues above most in the world

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He definitely didn’t perform in big moments which is true but the missed chances is due to the fact he isn’t the best finisher but also due to his movement which gets him chances.

He has improved his finishing but still it’s not the best but his movement is still leagues above most in the world
Right. But he was content at PSG. And it was (and still is) really hard to get player from PSG if they still want him.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Ole also alluded to the immense respect between him and Ronaldo, which seems a big factor in their understanding. We've seen Ronaldo get royally pissed at Greenwood in recent games and I couldn't see him giving Edinson the same evil eyes. It might be a point of contention but it works well - perhaps Ronaldo sees a bit of Benzema in him given the workrate he offers.

Last edited:

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Like this guy a lot. Probably my fav player right now, alongside Bruno. Yes, he will miss chances here and there but he's just got that aura about him and genuinely cares.

Swedish_Plumber

Agree with the sentiment about wishing we’d had him a few years ago. Just seems the perfect fergie player.

Makes a huge difference to our team.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Ole also alluded to the respect between him and Ronaldo, which seems a big factor in their understanding. We've seen Ronaldo get royally pissed at Greenwood in recent games and I couldn't see him giving Edinson the same evil eyes. Might be a point of contention that but it's working well - perhaps Ronaldo sees a bit of Benzema in him given the workrate he offers.
Ronaldo respects him for footballing reasons as well as he's not a charscter to be messed with.

Who wouldn't get on with him anyway. He's class.

Real Name

Gotta love the guy, never stops running, he's all over the pitch, always gives his all.

432JuanMata

Right. But he was content at PSG. And it was (and still is) really hard to get player from PSG if they still want him.
Yeah that is true he was as that PSG side where great so he obviously was happy with the chances in CL and the money. But my point was that a lot of the caf didn’t want him even if he would of came

Status
Not open for further replies.