Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Not about moving the goalposts, more putting things in perspective, but something you will delightfully wish to ignore.

The guy came on a free, near the end of his career and ended up 3rd top scorer, I'd call that a good season no matter which particular months his good performances ended up being in.

As a poster before mentioned, and as is common with all player performance threads, the ones who has a constant agenda against a player of ours is the highest poster. That sir, is you and I imagine you will have something to say even if Cavani scored the winner the next game.
A good season isn’t 7 goals in 9 (8 if you like) months and 10 in 2. He had a good two months and this season is absolutely tragic at this point. Imagine all you like….look back at those two months and you’ll find me giving credit to Cavani left right and centre.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
A good season isn’t 7 goals in 9 (8 if you like) months and 10 in 2. He had a good two months and this season is absolutely tragic at this point.
Ok, wont try justify a good season in case I "move the goalposts" again and explain myself. Agree to disagree.

As for this season, wont argue with you there, hes been abysmal and a shadow of last

CloneMC16

I think we need to buy 5 strikers and let Cavani, Ronaldo, Martial, Lingard and the censored one leave.
Martial might have to stay.

We're so fecked losing Greenwood. Cavani has been terrible in most of his appearances this season and wants to leave. Ronaldo is getting worse. Greenwood is gone. Martial will probably be our only striker. God knows how all of these players are going to get replaced. There is zero chance we're going to buy every player we need in the summer.

We need to hope that Cavani will start to perform better, but I have little faith in that happening. The guy's probably finished and isn't going to try much more when he wants to leave anyway.

Devil may care

His race looks run, probably should have let him go when Ronaldo signed as he's only been available sporadically ever since.

RedDevil250

The amount of love Cavani gets from United fans is ridiculously out of proportion to what he has actually done for us, and how he performs in the majority of games, especially when you factor in that he’s been trying to leave since about 5 minutes after he arrived.

We’re too easily dazzled by big names. It’s not on the same scale but it reminds me of when Schweinsteiger got a standing ovation when subbed on despite achieving feck all here and going AWOL for about six months.

I’ve criticised Pogba plenty on here, but he has done ten times what Cavani and Schweinsteiger have done at United and is treated as a non entity by the match going fans.
Perfectly stated, completely agree. Don't really like Pogba either but he is treated so much worse than Cavani despite doing 100x more for the club.

Nicolarra90

Martial might have to stay.

We're so fecked losing Greenwood. Cavani has been terrible in most of his appearances this season and wants to leave. Ronaldo is getting worse. Greenwood is gone. Martial will probably be our only striker. God knows how all of these players are going to get replaced. There is zero chance we're going to buy every player we need in the summer.

We need to hope that Cavani will start to perform better, but I have little faith in that happening. The guy's probably finished and isn't going to try much more when he wants to leave anyway.
Yes he might have to stay and we'll need to buy two. Even if Ronaldo stays another year, since he's greatly regressing.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
The amount of love Cavani gets from United fans is ridiculously out of proportion to what he has actually done for us, and how he performs in the majority of games, especially when you factor in that he’s been trying to leave since about 5 minutes after he arrived.

We’re too easily dazzled by big names. It’s not on the same scale but it reminds me of when Schweinsteiger got a standing ovation when subbed on despite achieving feck all here and going AWOL for about six months.

I’ve criticised Pogba plenty on here, but he has done ten times what Cavani and Schweinsteiger have done at United and is treated as a non entity by the match going fans.
Hard to disagree with this, although I do like BFS! Love that he got to play for us.

SonyaCross493

70 minutes on the pitch yesterday. What did he do?! Nothing!

I hope he enjoyed his holiday.

The sooner he leaves the better. We probably won't see him again for another few weeks so I don't see the point of starting him and demoralising other players! He's not worth the hassle

Rangnick lives by the sword he has to take criticism.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
How did he miss that chance?

Agree that he’s done - doesn’t look lively or happy either.

MUFC OK

Hasn't been good for us at all this season, Spurs game aside. He doesnt want to be here and I wouldnt be starting him at all for the rest of the season.

He was brilliant last season but it is what it is now.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Not sure why people make so many comments about Cavani relative to Pogba.

The only reason I ever think of both together is that we played our best football of the last year with both. Pogba as left forward did work very well. It gave us two creative outlets (w/Bruno) to aid McFred with transition and really exploit his movement.

Buggered if I know why we didn't try it even once this season. Was there always one injured? Don't think so.

Sylar

Having to really convince a player to stay never works out well. I guess it was the cheaper option this season maintaining him ? We probably should have let him go after the Europa League final since it seems he really wanted that.

Smores

I've always been on the side that his contribution is overrated on here but i would say yesterday wasn't all his fault.

Ronaldo and Cavani get so few chances directly running at goal it's always balls pumped into tight spaces. We need to play more through balls, they make the runs for it but the pass never comes.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Yeah, definitely. The treatment 'BFS' got when he was fecking off to America to watch his tennis girlfriend every other week was mad. Cavani is a lesser case but it's definitely similar vibes.

troylocker

Offers good workrate, but not much else at the moment. We're running short of good options up top unfortunately.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Yeah, yeah, sure. All you have to measure his form is some balls that reached him by mistake inside the box. Let's see the players give him one proper pass to finish infront of goal.
Guess this wan't "in front of goal" enough

lost7

Is it just me or he's not even pressing like he used to? He's been invisible in most games and now doesn't even bother running that much. Should be benched permanently

lost7

Not even on the bench... if he's injured again, this season's performance would be as bad as anything we've seen from Sanchez

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Not even on the bench... if he's injured again, this season's performance would be as bad as anything we've seen from Sanchez
Last season should be more than enough to avoid any comparisons with Sanchez.

But in hindsight perhaps it would have been better for him and the club if he had left in the summer

spiriticon

I like his contribution when he is on the pitch, but I'm sick of this part-time BS.

But is he actually unfit, or is Ralf purposely leaving him out because he played in mid-week?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
:lol: Thanks for the shuttle runs. See you next month pal

Bondi77

He has checked out already IMO, I hope his contract is appearance and performance related :eek:

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Zlatan all over again. Veteran who was offered one year contract and done great in first season. Then we extended for another year and all went to shit.
Tbf, i was for extending his contract but in hindsight, it was a mistake.

Dan_F

Zlatan all over again. Veteran who was offered one year contract and done great in first season. Then we extended for another year and all went to shit.
We didn’t have much of a choice. At the time we didn’t know Ronaldo was going to come in and it all kind of made sense if the long term plan was to go for Haaland.

Even though he’s been injured a lot it’s probably just as well with what’s happened to Greenwood and then Ronaldo’s form.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Tbf, Zlatan did his ACL in his first season.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
How many appearances has he even made this season? Feels like he's almost never available.
6 starts and 4 sub appearances in the league. Despite missing an international window he’s made 4 starts for Uruguay. He made 13 starts and 13 sub appearances last season. And 7 league starts and 7 sub appearances for PSG the year before.

Status
Not open for further replies.