Edinson Cavani

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
:lol: I didnt say we needed him but I would rather we get him than Chelsea for instance. If we strengthen where we need to first and if Woody wants to splash out on a galactico then why the feck not
see your reasoning. but I want us the to get two solid midfielders. one of whom I hope is Carvalho...he looks the business. and a CB and a LB and RB.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
see your reasoning. but I want us the to get two solid midfielders. one of whom I hope is Carvalho...he looks the business. and a CB and a LB and RB.
I think thats what concerns people.I imagine between Carvalho and another quality CM with Fellaini as back up we would be okay for physical presence in the centre

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
:lol: I didnt say we needed him but I would rather we get him than Chelsea for instance. If we strengthen where we need to first and if Woody wants to splash out on a galactico then why the feck not
Cavani a Galactico?

I only said that because i can only see Chelsea affording him out of the big clubs. It would be better if Madrid or Barcelona were interested in him but i doubt Madrid would be in for him as they will be going all out for Suarez in the summer.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Cavani a Galactico?

I only said that because i can only see Chelsea affording him out of the big clubs. It would be better if Madrid or Barcelona were interested in him but i doubt Madrid would be in for him as they will be going all out for Suarez in the summer.
He would be a galactico; he is one of the best strikers in the world and has been for a while.

Brophs

The One and Only
Uruguayan strike ace Edinson Cavani is ready to be part of the Manchester United revolution, despite the Old Trafford side missing out on the Champions League.

Mirror Sport revealed earlier this month how both Cavani and team-mate Ezequiel Lavezzi were ready to quit French champions Paris Saint-Germain and cross the Channel.

Both Cavani and Argentine Lavezzi have fallen out with PSG coach Laurent Blanc and believe the Premier League will suit their styles.

The pair had opened the way for discussions with Chelsea by signalling their discontent at life at the Parc des Princes, where they feel they have been overshadowed by the presence of Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

But with United preparing a potential British record-busting £60millon bid for Luis Suarez's likely World Cup strike partner, the Old Trafford giants have been given a huge boost.

Cavani has told friends that he is ready to take the plunge and join United this summer, even though the identity of David Moyes' successor is still to be confirmed.

One source said: "Edinson believes he will be a perfect fit in England. He knows that United, Manchester City and Chelsea are all interested and would be happy to talk to any of them. But he also knows United seem the most keen and that is a factor."

The 27-year-old is not concerned about the Reds' probable lack of any European football next term, having convinced himself that it is a one-off situation and that a rejuvenated United will be back in the European elite in 12 months' time.

Landing Cavani would be a clear statement of intent by the United hierarchy and proof that talk of a £200m transfer war-chest does not represent empty words.

PSG do not want to lose the striker, even though his performances have come under increasing scrutiny in recent weeks - especially following their Champions League exit against Chelsea.

But if Cavani makes it clear he wants to leave, and with UEFA having shown they are going to start getting tougher on Financial Pair Play regulations, the French champions will listen to a significant offer.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...s-edinson-cavani-3474541#.U1_QUlnjydI.twitter

Seems an odd move, unless RvP is off. With Rooney having signed a new deal you'd think that it'd be a case of Cavani or RvP, and both are too good (and expensive) to be subs. Maybe he's trying to draw out interest from other clubs.

Devil may care

Lavezzi would actually be a better option for us. We already have too many strikers, adding another one would be a waste of time and root us firmly in the two up top formation unless we planned to follow PSG's lead and pay huge money just to play Cavani out of position.

A1X

http://metro.co.uk/2014/04/29/edins...elsea-or-manchester-city-this-summer-4713326/

Edinson Cavani ‘favours Manchester United move’ over Chelsea or Manchester City this summer

I don't see the problem with this move myself. It seems pretty cut and dried that Hernandez is off this summer, and with RvP seemingly getting injured all the time again then I think another top drawer striker is necessary. Much as I love Danny Welbeck I don't think we can get by with only him and Rooney as our fit strikers.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
http://metro.co.uk/2014/04/29/edins...elsea-or-manchester-city-this-summer-4713326/

Edinson Cavani ‘favours Manchester United move’ over Chelsea or Manchester City this summer

I don't see the problem with this move myself. It seems pretty cut and dried that Hernandez is off this summer, and with RvP seemingly getting injured all the time again then I think another top drawer striker is necessary. Much as I love Danny Welbeck I don't think we can get by with only him and Rooney as our fit strikers.
No, no! He only pretended to be injured to get rid of Moyes!

adamwest

This signing would be ace IF we have a left back, right back, two central midfielders and a centre back lined up already and have factored that in. If Woody plans to spunk a third of our kitty on this guy he needs castrating.

Drifter

American
Sources and friends,hardly convincing. Even if he does fancy a move to United ,who says we are interested.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
The idea of getting him is so retarded, that I consider this rumor as world class trolling from our camp. Actually it makes me believe we’re negotiating a potential transfer of a really big name, it’s not Cavani for sure.

Last edited:

starman

Its a pointless transfers, but why do we even need to pay 60m for him just because PSG did? no one esle was going to pay that sort of money for him. i reckon who ever gets him would get him at a knocked down price.

jeff_goldblum

Its a pointless transfers, but why do we even need to pay 60m for him just because PSG did? no one esle was going to pay that sort of money for him. i reckon who ever gets him would get him at a knocked down price.
What's incredible is that even a knocked down price would be ridiculous amount for us to spend on a striker given the options we already have there.

JackXX

Wouldn't surprise me if we did sign him. I don't think it would be a bad buy if PSG are looking to offload. I certainly don't want to see us wasting loads of our transfer kitty on him though.

Varun

Staff
Surely we're not this ridiculous?

The only way this makes sense is if RVP has already told us he's off and we want to continue with Rooney as the No 10. Either ways, makes 0 sense.

Bader

Amusing article.

Unsettled striker flattered by United interest
By Andi Thomas@andi_thomas on Apr 30 2014, 3:41p 1

Antoine Antoniol
GET THE LATEST MANCHESTER UNITED NEWS WITH THE BUSBY BABE
FOLLOW THE BUSBY BABE ON TWITTER
According to reports, PSG's Uruguayan striker Edinson Cavani is unhappy in the French capital and would be interested in moving to England.

It must be weird, being friends with a footballer. There you are, chatting away, and suddenly Edinson says something like "I would be a perfect fit in England, and I know that Manchester United,Manchester City and Chelsea are interested". Which is slightly weird, since you were talking about the weather, but no matter. He's a funny guy like that.

Then, a few minutes later, he says something along the lines of "I know United are the most keen, and that is a factor. The lack of any European football next season does not concern me". Which again, is a bit odd, since you'd only asked if he wanted another cup of tea. But hey, footballers are footballers, and presumably this stuff plays on their minds. It was only yesterday that he was telling you that both he and Ezequiel Lavezzi were ready to leave Paris for good.

And then it hits you: you're supposed to tell the press about this! That's what friends are for. So you call up Martin Lipton of the Mirror and you tell him all about it, and he thanks you, and a couple of days later the story appears, just like that. Everybody's happy. Well, except Laurent Blanc, presumably. And whichever poor sod has to try to figure out how to play Cavani, Wayne Rooney and Robin van Persie in the same team. But that, well, that's somebody else's problem. Your work here is done.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
First of all, both Rooney and rvp are far better players. Second of all, we should look to play with 2 strikers anyway, given we have mata and kagawa to choose from in the #10 position, meaning we use 1 striker. We also have welbeck and Hernandez. Now unless all of our strikers are leaving, which they aren't, why the feck are we going for him? Would cost over £50m and I wouldn't even want him at united even if he was £10m. There's just no need for him at all. We need 2 midfielders, a left back, a center back, a back up right back, and wingers all before we buy another striker. Literally every other position needs strengthening more then a striker and yet we look like we'll sign a striker. What the hell is wrong with the people in charge of transfers at this club :lol:

surf

Don't see the point of Cavani unless RVP is leaving. Having said that, top strikers win you titles (see RVP last season), and we need RVP or a comparable replacement. It could be Welbeck if he trains on and puts his whole game together.

Revan

Assumptionman
First of all, both Rooney and rvp are far better players. Second of all, we should look to play with 2 strikers anyway, given we have mata and kagawa to choose from in the #10 position, meaning we use 1 striker. We also have welbeck and Hernandez. Now unless all of our strikers are leaving, which they aren't, why the feck are we going for him? Would cost over £50m and I wouldn't even want him at united even if he was £10m. There's just no need for him at all. We need 2 midfielders, a left back, a center back, a back up right back, and wingers all before we buy another striker. Literally every other position needs strengthening more then a striker and yet we look like we'll sign a striker. What the hell is wrong with the people in charge of transfers at this club :lol:
Not a chance in hell. Cavani is a beter striker than Rooney (or at-least was during his time at Napoli). He is a fantastic striker, but we really don't need him.

I think that a lot of people are getting influenced by Chelsea's game and thinking that Cavani isn't a great player, but he really is. I think that the only strikers who are better than him in the league are Suarez, a fully fit RVP and Aguero.

Devil may care

If Cavani comes I think it spells the end for Hernandez and Welbeck as even Danny's extra games in the wide position will be lessened.

Giggsforever

I would love Cavani here. He is strong and very good in the air, it would add something to our side and be great for the way we play.

I have seen a lot of Cavani from the time he played at Palermo up until now. It's clear that many on here has not, because he is not only a goal scoring attacker, but a really, really good footballer.

Only problem is that we should focus on other areas and that we have both Mata and Rooney and where would we fit all of them and how should we play them?

I guess this would work, with Mata in a Silva role:

-------------Cavani

Mata--------Rooney------Januzaj

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
The underrating of his work ethic and footballing ability on here has reached levels of stupidity to be honest; it's as if he is only living on scoring a couple of goals in the Italian League.

iBoss

i-ttack the space
Illuminati headquarters, chillin' with Jay Z.
The underrating of his work ethic and footballing ability on here has reached levels of stupidity to be honest; it's as if he is only living on scoring a couple of goals in the Italian League.
Well it's only a couple of people to be fair. Although it seems to happen when players or teams have off days in the CL. Cavani, Costa, Simeone, Atl Madrid, Ibrahimovic are good examples.

starman

What's incredible is that even a knocked down price would be ridiculous amount for us to spend on a striker given the options we already have there.
Even if it was on a free, it would be a bizarre transfer if we keep Rooney and RVP. Though if one was to leave Cavani would be a very good replacement, he was awesome at Napoli, at PSG he just seems lost which is understandable given he is being played out of position. I would pay upto 40m for him if we needed to replace Rooney or RVP and he was to play as the our main striker.

acnumber9

What if we are chasing somebody low-key like Hernandez? Our targets can attract attention and so we could need a smokescreen.
I'm still not sure who we're supposed to be fooling. If we wanted a player would we not just go and bid for him?

ManUtd43vr

I'm still not sure who we're supposed to be fooling. If we wanted a player would we not just go and bid for him?
Because it has happened quite a few times now that we were outbidded or our targets snatched away from us. Hazard, Lucas Moura, Modric, Ozil(not sure about his case) are the examples that I can remember quickly. Sure there are more.

acnumber9

Because it has happened quite a few times now that we were outbidded or our targets snatched away from us. Hazard, Lucas Moura, Modric, Ozil(not sure about his case) are the examples that I can remember quickly. Sure there are more.
Okay so let's say Utd and Chelsea are after Diego Costa. Utd pretend to be after Cavani as a smoke screen. How does this help us get Diego Costa?

acnumber9

Exactly. Are there any real examples of actual 'smokescreens' ever being used?
I couldn't think of one. It would be an incredibly stupid way to go about signing players. Not to mention ineffective.

Status
Not open for further replies.