Edinson Cavani

Status
Not open for further replies.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
When was the last time you ever heard Tyler scream a United player's name like that? He groans when we score
He mentioned in the early days that he used to get hate mail from other teams fans, when Andy Gray and Tyler used to be a bit more emphatic sounding on United goals, I think he may have intentionally toned himself down,
then again he was quite subdued over Citys goals against Everton the other day so who knows whats going on in his head.

JunesBoy

Not a signing I'd want to see this summer but won't frown at it..
The positive for me, will mean RvP and Rooney are going to start fighting for spot as well.. Both players are just cruising on reputation and not application.. Remember DDG saying Hernandez is our best striker in training..He cant get a sniff ahead of them two but another striker WC-like profile will hopefully change all that..

SolidState

You don't even know how ITK he is
He mentioned in the early days that he used to get hate mail from other teams fans, when Andy Gray and Tyler used to be a bit more emphatic sounding on United goals, I think he may have intentionally toned himself down,
then again he was quite subdued over Citys goals against Everton the other day so who knows whats going on in his head.
The guy gets too much stick, I think hes so clueless that he has no idea what each goal means in terms of league positions. He seems more excited over a dead rubber of a match than a title race match. Hell scream when a team scores their 5th against Norwich than a last min equalizer from a lower league team.

Esquire

It is understood that Woodward supposedly wants to make a truly marquee signing. That said, the logic of signing Cavani is not apparent with the stable of strikers/attacking mids we already have. How is LVG going to field RVP, Rooney, Mata and Cavani without playing at least one of those players out of position?

Bwuk

Don't want Cavani at all. For the money he'd cost, I'd rather that was spent else where.

Utd7

why would we be in for him?

EDIT: Cavani I mean...
Because it would be a splashy, marquee signing which would create buzz. Still wouldn't be practical at all, we would have FIVE strikers on the team which is ridiculous when you think about it.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Hernandez is gone surely.

If we get Cavani..then we will have

Cavani
Rooney
RVP
Welbeck
Wilson

agree?
How would we possibly keep all of Cavani, RvP, and Rooney happy when all three likely feel they should be the main man up top? And when would Welbeck ever see the pitch with another top striker here?

Not to mention Mata having to play out of position even more.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
How would we possibly keep all of Cavani, RvP, and Rooney happy when all three likely feel they should be the main man up top? And when would Welbeck ever see the pitch with another top striker here?

Not to mention Mata having to play out of position even more.
I don't see the reason for Cavani...but who knows.

But if we are serious about all 3 domestic competitions.....

Bwuk

This would be one of the most illogical transfers ever.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
I really doubt RvP is going anywhere after his emphatic quotes about how we will be back next season
This is my train of thought:

WR signs long contract, giving him what he wants, and the club some re-assurance that the situation is back in their hands. Should LVG Decide he doesn't want Rooney but an out & out striker, we are in a strong position from which to sell Rooney, furthermore someone like Cavani would be one of the few people who could do a good if not better job in Rooney's absence.

Again, this is all speculation, but no club (in a world where it's becoming more likely to play 1 up top) will have 3 world class strikers, we already have one of the most talented forward lines in the world.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
The stupidest transfer in history if true. Unless we are selling BOTH Rooney and RVP.

RustyS

Has LvG ever played with two strikers? Maybe he is considering a 3-5-2? He mentioned considering it for the Dutch NT...

Utd7

If he comes and that's a big if, I'm expecting us to play a 4-4-2 diamond which would still utilize the role of the number 10 (ie Rooney) with RVP and Cavani up front. The problem is Mata would be forced out wide.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
As a replacement for Rooney I'd be happy enough.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
We really don't need him. If Rooney goes we would still have RVP, Wilson, Hernandez and Welbeck + Mata and Kagawa who are capable of playing no 10

Status
Not open for further replies.