Elon Musk | Owner of X

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Musk always strikes me as the type of person who walks into a room full of engineers, shouts "Brain Enhancing Hats for Badgers" and then fecks off. In five years - once the engineers have taken this shite idea and turned it into something tangible - Musk takes full credit for everything because he was the visionary 'big idea' guy behind the thing.

cyberman

Musk always strikes me as the type of person who walks into a room full of engineers, shouts "Brain Enhancing Hats for Badgers" and then fecks off. In five years - once the engineers have taken this shite idea and turned it into something tangible - Musk takes full credit for everything because he was the visionary 'big idea' guy behind the thing.
Bill Burr has a great Steve Jobs bit for this

cafecillos

That’s harsh on teenagers, most of whom wouldn’t find that even mildly amusing.
I don't know, a grown ass redcafe user posted today that M-she-U is a "clever" pun to mock the number of women with prominent roles in the Marvel series of movies (MCU).

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
That’s harsh on teenagers, most of whom wouldn’t find that even mildly amusing.
My teenage students think musk's humor is the definition of cringe. If one of them had posted this pic they would've been mercilessly mocked.

cafecillos

He has managed to turn the blue ticks into basically the opposite of what they were originally intended to be. Now I automatically either skip their comments entirely or read them with a "fake until proven otherwise" mindset. I know some of those blue ticks are people who paid for them because they genuinely need the visibility, but many of them (most?) are just Elon sycophants and more generally right wing loons and conspiracy theorists, and everybody knows it.

Bert_

How does a billionaire CEO not know this?

Maybe when he'd said he'd get one if his brain chips installed he wasn't joking. Had it installed and it's reduce his mental capacity to that of an 11 year old. Would explain a lot.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I do agree Kill the Boer is going too far. Granted he did a shite job at Palace, but he won 4 league titles in a row with Ajax.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
You can't read threads now on X (lol) without an account?
Is not new for many users without account (like me). I cant read threads since he started meddling with the limiys a few weeks back. It seems that is affecting more people now

cafecillos

I open twitter once in a blue moon so that may very well have been happening for weeks without my noticing. I do remember shortly after the limits fiasco I couldn't even read single tweets. Oh well.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
This guy is just tweeting all day. Does he not have work to do? :lol:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Everyone dislikes him so much yet keeps his business going by maintaining it’s traffic. I don’t get it.

Lemoor

Everyone dislikes him so much yet keeps his business going by maintaining it’s traffic. I don’t get it.
Twitter is way too big to fail quickly. If his decisions will be catastrophic enough to sink the platform, it will still take years.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Twitter is way too big to fail quickly. If his decisions will be catastrophic enough to sink the platform, it will still take years.
It certainly won’t fall if the growing number who dislike it / him use the same platform to vent, meme, critique etc

Hamnat

It certainly won’t fall if the growing number who dislike it / him use the same platform to vent, meme, critique etc
That is not revenue though. The ad revenue decline is what will end the platform if they don't manage to turn it all around. That has been widely reported as has all the shattershot ways they have been trying to attempt to make money or claw some of the revenue back.
Competing services like Meta's Threads etc have to get better and attract users to get users to swap finally.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
There’s nothing to get. They are addicted to the rush of serotonin Twitter provides. They are like smokers who know they’ll eventually get cancer or some shit like this. Until the cancer is there, they’ll happily live in denial.

Tyrion

I was in the football forum and noticed that when tweets are loading they show the bird symbol and say "Loading tweet" instead of "Loading X" or whatever the f**k they are now. I guess they still haven't updated that. I wonder if they even know. :lol:

Bert_

I was in the football forum and noticed that when tweets are loading they show the bird symbol and say "Loading tweet" instead of "Loading X" or whatever the f**k they are now. I guess they still haven't updated that. I wonder if they even know. :lol:
They might get round to it eventually. Probably should focus on changing their domain name first. Folks with a 1980s mentality tend to forget about that sort of thing though so we'll just have to wait until they notice it. Or until they die of boneitis and everything reverts back to what it was previously.