Endrick | Joining Real Madrid in 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Paying that kind of money and waiting two years is some risk.
most likely something in place whereby if he has a serious long term injury before the transfer date, they can lower the initial fee or knock some money off. Sometimes is clauses like that in pre agreed deals

Rolaholic

Sounds much more reasonable than the earlier figures. Looks like they won't end up playing that 60m clause up front after all

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Me and LuckyScout have been consulting, and we think he’ll be a smash. Better than Rodrygo/Vinicius, but not quite as good as Neymar.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Seems crazy, depending on how the deal is structured. No guarantee at all he'll develop as expected.

Irrational.

Gotta respect Madrid for buying world class potentials straight at source before greedy middle clubs like BvB get involved trying to ramp up the price after a couple of promising performances.

Rolaholic

Seems crazy, depending on how the deal is structured. No guarantee at all he'll develop as expected.
They did a similar deal for Vinicius years back when he was still 16 and his fee, 60m, was bemoaned at the time for a kid that hadn't even played a handful of matches professionally at the senior level yet. Think he was signed by them 10 days after his professional debut.

Worked out decently for them though.

If it doesn't work out exactly as they hope, they can always recoup a hefty sum from someone else or loan him out elsewhere to develop

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Even if it's a big gamble, he looks very awake for a 16 yo.

My main concern is his height, but I suppose he can still grow up a little bit given his age.

Rolaholic

Whe he was 15 he was too good for the U-17 teams so they played him in the U-20's. He proved to be too good for that level not long after too so they promoted him to the first team at 16 :lol:

He's played 14 matches as a pro or total of 600 minutes and he's scored 9 goals over those minutes.

He won't join the Madrid first team until summer 2024 per the rumored contract so he'll have time to continue developing in Brazil before coming to Europe at 18

Rolaholic

Officially Official

Signed on to join them in summer 2024 on a 3 year deal with a further 3 year club option after

Tarrou

60m doesn’t seem like that much of a risk considering the obvious talent here

if be delighted if United bought him for that

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supporting Real Madrid must be amazing

Red Star One

It’s almost 0 risk considering that pretty much the worst case scenario is him not developing as well as expected and being sold at small loss for Odegaard-like money.

mav_9me

Boring, I hate how much pull that club has.
All credit to Perez for that. I think they always had the pull for South Americans but he took it to a new level starting with the Galacticos.

Josh 76

Whe he was 15 he was too good for the U-17 teams so they played him in the U-20's. He proved to be too good for that level not long after too so they promoted him to the first team at 16 :lol:

He's played 14 matches as a pro or total of 600 minutes and he's scored 9 goals over those minutes.

He won't join the Madrid first team until summer 2024 per the rumored contract so he'll have time to continue developing in Brazil before coming to Europe at 18
Reminds me of Amad Diallo

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine

Really?

What's to say he a) doesn't develop any further and finds it extremely difficult to adapt to life in Europe, looks like a fish out of water and looks hopeless?
Or b) gets injured due to being played in a mediocre league more than he should whilst still physically growing?

We have seen several success stories from Brazil, yet we have also seen several absolute flops.

I'd say 60mill is hell of a risk.

Tarrou

Really?

What's to say he a) doesn't develop any further and finds it extremely difficult to adapt to life in Europe, looks like a fish out of water and looks hopeless?
Or b) gets injured due to being played in a mediocre league more than he should whilst still physically growing?

We have seen several success stories from Brazil, yet we have also seen several absolute flops.

20m GBP gets you a Nico Williams these days, or some other chump from Liverpools reserves

so for ~52m GBP you get a potential world class forward at a time when there's a shortage

so yeah, I'd say the R/R is pretty worthwhile

of course, there is a chance he is shit.. just like AWB who we spunked a similar amount on, or anyone else we sign

bringbackbebe

Could be Ronaldo, could be Romario, could be Robinho, could be Pato, could be Denilson. Time will tell. The only thing that matters here is Chelsea got cuckolded again!

mu4c_20le

It's close to how much they paid for vini and rodrygo, seems to be the rate for Brazilian wonderkids these days and the success rate is much better than some European leagues like bundesliga.

The noise this kid seems to be generating reminds me of mbappe when he was 17

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Could be Ronaldo, could be Romario, could be Robinho, could be Pato, could be Denilson. Time will tell. The only thing that matters here is Chelsea got cuckolded again!
If he's Robinho i'm starting brawls.
If he's Romario i'm dacing naked in the streets.
If he's Ronaldo i'm ascending to a being of pure light.
If he's Denilson i'm setting myself on fire.

Ekeke

Called it as soon as he was being hyped up here. Madrid have Brazil's best super young players on lockdown. Vinicius, Rodrigo, they took Reinier although he's out on loan and might not end up that great and now Endrick

You might say the plus side is thats the whole of their attack accounted for now. So if theres a new Brazilian wonderkid, where would they fit in at Madrid? But I wouldnt be surprised if they still signed them and then decided what to do after, send them out on loan or if they think he's going to be better than one of the ones they already have then sell off the old and in with the new.

Ekeke

Its a big risk. But if we look at it Madrid have had much better results signing younger less proven players over the past 5 years or so than older more experienced and established players.

So they might feel more confident about 60 million for a kid instead of 100 million for someone the same kind of tier as Hazard

Rainy nights in Stoke

Its a big risk. But if we look at it Madrid have had much better results signing younger less proven players over the past 5 years or so than older more experienced and established players.

So they might feel more confident about 60 million for a kid instead of 100 million for someone the same kind of tier as Hazard
Yeah, don’t really see the probability of him failing being any higher than our own Antony, who signed for north of £80mn. Or anyone else who are more ready-made but not fully proven. There is ALWAYS risk involved in a transfer and the succes/failure is much more driven by what happens after the transfer than the transfer itself. RM have a darn good track record in that respect.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
20m GBP gets you a Nico Williams these days, or some other chump from Liverpools reserves

so for ~52m GBP you get a potential world class forward at a time when there's a shortage

so yeah, I'd say the R/R is pretty worthwhile

of course, there is a chance he is shit.. just like AWB who we spunked a similar amount on, or anyone else we sign
There's that word again.... potential.

It's a gamble to risk 60million plus, if the actual figures are to be believed, on a player that may turn out to be an absolute turkey next season, he has mere minutes under his belt at senior level.

Jesus for example went for £45m, so there are always options readymade, or Haaland.

It's good forward planning from Real if it pays off, but I don't see many If any other clubs willing to spend huge amounts on a 16 year old (16 FFS!).
It's a massive gamble no matter which way you look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.