English cricket thread

fergieisold

The live radar vs the forecasted radar has been doing my head in all day. Looks like some drizzle in the area around start time.
Best to keep an eye on the live radar at this range. I'm guessing by forecasted you mean the computer modelled rain? The latest model actually looks half promising for these kind of conditions this afternoon - so we might just get away with it. Who knows though! It's so hard when it's drizzly like this.

Saddleworth we have heavy drizzle right now, don't expect that to stop to be honest!

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Two things, I’m finding amazing today. 1) Why does every weather app say something different; 2) Playing on uncovered pitches, how they heck did they do that until the 1960s?

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Best to keep an eye on the live radar at this range. I'm guessing by forecasted you mean the computer modelled rain? The latest model actually looks half promising for these kind of conditions this afternoon - so we might just get away with it. Who knows though! It's so hard when it's drizzly like this.

Saddleworth we have heavy drizzle right now, don't expect that to stop to be honest!
Yep on the met office they’ve got what they’ve observed and then it transitions into the forecast which adds large areas of rain which aren’t on what they’ve just observed.

RedNome

Cnut Rating: 9 (Conservative)
Looking pretty clear on Ventusky from 3/4pm onwards, drizzle maybe an issue though.

zing

Zingle balls
Two things, I’m finding amazing today. 1) Why does every weather app say something different; 2) Playing on uncovered pitches, how they heck did they do that until the 1960s?
TIL meaning of 'uncovered pitches'

How's that even possible

fergieisold

1) different computer generated models being used by different companies to forecast the weather. Even at this range there can still be significant differences leading to things like one app saying dry one saying wet.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
The Aussies got a 20 minute window at England in similar conditions at Edgbaston (?) - managed to nab both openers.

Would be fair if England got a similar shot :)

Balljy

Woakes is looking like he could get something here. He's got it seaming decently.

zing

Zingle balls
Those are some confident leaves.

Ponting and Nasser may be the best commentating duo in world cricket today?

zing

Zingle balls
How many overs do we get today? Marnus looks good today unlike his form till now..

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
“declare early and take 46 aussie wickets”

pathetic.

Fully Fledged

For all those that thought we could declare 50 ahead, and just roll Australia over and only leaving us 50 or 60 to chase. That was never going to happen.