Eredivisie 2023/2024

JonnyIreland

First time that I’ve been able to watch this game on tv in years and it gets suspended.. Ajax are pretty sore losers when they aren’t top dog any more.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
0-3 already... Also interesting to see Sparta continue performing strongly. Are we going to have to conclude that their high finish last year was less due to Steijn than assumed? Or is that just how lazy media are going to portray it? (And me, obviously.)

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
That 0-3 is the worst transition defense I've ever seen in professional football. How the feck does your corner result in a 4 on 1 :lol: Sure, if you're 1-0 down in the 98th minute and your keeper runs forward, but in the first half...

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
*crawles back with his head under his pillow*

Oh man, how deep we have fallen in such a short time..

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
*crawles back with his head under his pillow*

Oh man, how deep we have fallen in such a short time..
What's the issue you think? That the players don't know each other, the quality of the players, Steijn's approach, bit of everything?

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Will these cnuts behave. Trying to get my money. Ajax is a goldmine in goal overs betting.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Will these cnuts behave. Trying to get my money. Ajax is a goldmine in goal overs betting.
Doubt they will restart. The rule is that a game is suspended definitively if it happens twice unless local authorities deem it too high a risk.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Doubt they will restart. The rule is that a game is suspended definitively if it happens twice unless local authorities deem it too high a risk.
Meh. Guess I'll have to wait. Knew your team wouldnt let me down. Crazy odds for Feyenoord against a shambles Ajax.

Santos J

Has a manager ever been sacked after a game that got suspended before finishing :lol:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
So ... fans just deciding to cancel the game if they don't like the performance.. is that a thing now? Groningen did it a bunch of times last season, didn't they?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
So ... fans just deciding to cancel the game if they don't like the performance.. is that a thing now? Groningen did it a bunch of times last season, didn't they?
Yeah, it's just a poorly thought out protocol. Just default the game to a 0-3, instead of giving them a sort of chance to regroup and try again later.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Looks like it's a full meltdown.

Last edited:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I know Feyenoord have their share of mental patients, but I always said the only difference between Ajax and Feyenoord fans is that Feyenoord fans are just disappointed more often.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Mislintat stormed into the dressing room this week and told Jay Gorter (the 2nd keeper Steijn plays instead of the expensive dud he bought as 2nd keeper) that he's going out and that Mislintat will make it happen.

Guy's a fecking lunatic :lol:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
It's a shame those cnuts have now taken away all attention from the fact that Santiago Gimenez is a fecking super hero. 2 goals and an assist in 30 minutes at Ajax away. And all of em fantastic as well.

VanUtd

Supports
Feyenoord
It's a shame those cnuts have now taken away all attention from the fact that Santiago Gimenez is a fecking super hero. 2 goals and an assist in 30 minutes at Ajax away. And all of em fantastic as well.
Hear hear

VanUtd

Supports
Feyenoord
Is this post really trying to say that football fans should just be acting like chimps if their team isn't winning?
No, he's saying that A**x fans are entitled little b*** who go mental after a single bad season.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
i went to a few games in amsterdam my time working over there. this behaviour seems very odds and at loggerheads with dutch culture. what is the cause of all of these riots and hooliganism? i dont mean the 3-0 or poor performances, but more generally/societally

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
i went to a few games in amsterdam my time working over there. this behaviour seems very odds and at loggerheads with dutch culture. what is the cause of all of these riots and hooliganism? i dont mean the 3-0 or poor performances, but more generally/societally
Football hooliganism is definitely part of Dutch culture and particularly Ajax Feyenoord. The fact you don't usually see it at Ajax is because they usually win.

The game suspensions are due to a new rule that play is suspended once if anything is thrown on the field (like an empty cup) and if it happens again it's over. The intention is good, but it also allows fans to sort of hijack a bad game. This was always going to happen if Ajax lost badly today.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Is this post really trying to say that football fans should just be acting like chimps if their team isn't winning?
I don't think he's calling for riots, it looks more he's suggesting that both sets of fans hold their club to different standards.

But having said that I assume that this will indeed increase the pressure on the club to do something (e.g. sack the coach).

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Match can't be played out within 72 hours (which is the rule) so Feyenoord want to just end it at 0-3, but Ajax doesn't want that. KNVB will probably rule on it tomorrow.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
The club's management emphasises that ending the collaboration is unrelated to the forensic accountant investigation announced last Wednesday.
Interim CEO Jan van Halst: "Several attempts to restore broad support have not led to the desired outcome. This leads to unrest in and around the club, also due to the disappointing results.
I'm sure we will get quite a few juicy rumors about how exactly he lost "broad support".

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
I don't know which parts of Dutch culture you experienced, but this is really not surprising behaviour at all. First, hooliganism is alive and well in the Netherlands, and not just at Ajax and Feyenoord. And second, rioting at protests isn't all that uncommon, and it's not all that uncommon to hear of groups fighting (like on weekend nights), and then them both turning against the police if they try to intervene. There have been issues for years as well on New Year's Eve, with people even harrassing and attacking firefighters and ambulance staff.

All of that is not super common obviously, and the Netherlands is by no means a dangerous place more generally. But it's all common enough to not at all be surprised at this kind of rioting - even more so around Ajax and Feyenoord, where fans have a long history of turning to violence when they severely disagree with how the club is run.

King Kendrick

Supports
Eredivisie
Sleep for 12 hours and was going to watch the replay on ESPN+ just to wake up to a shitshow :lol:. If SM is fired, I wonder where that leaves Steijn? Gallardo is still available if they want to go big game hunting, who knows though at this point if he’d even accept seeing the shitshow the club is rapidly devolving into.

More importantly, the question becomes who comes in Sven’s replacement. It’s still early days but like half of these signings don’t even look at Eerste level. I’m not sure how it’s possible but Gaaei was so bad he made Sanchez seem like T5 UCL club quality.

Anyways, I’m sure @KirkDuyt is loving every moment of this.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
I doubt it, cause it seems like Ajax is taking decisive action pretty quickly. I'm pretty sure Feyenoord fans would prefer to have Van der Sar back, who hesitated forever over Schreuder's dismissal last season.

Stadjer

I think the Groningen fans only planned the game against Ajax to be cancelled. We were already relegated at that point i believe and Groningen fans hate Ajax for the same reason any random non United supporter hates Manchester United. The Groningen fans thought it would be funny to have people travel to Groningen for no reason and basically waste their time.

I do like the zero tolerance against throwing things onto the pitch but giving supporters the power to cancel a game is a very unwelcome side effect.

King Kendrick

Supports
Eredivisie
I doubt it, cause it seems like Ajax is taking decisive action pretty quickly. I'm pretty sure Feyenoord fans would prefer to have Van der Sar back, who hesitated forever over Schreuder's dismissal last season.
Steijn is still here :angel: but agreed. I wonder if the whole Sosa signing hadn’t happened the way it did he would still be there though. Someone’s head had to roll, but usually it’s the manager and not the people who hired him who gets canned first.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Sleep for 12 hours and was going to watch the replay on ESPN+ just to wake up to a shitshow :lol:. If SM is fired, I wonder where that leaves Steijn? Gallardo is still available if they want to go big game hunting, who knows though at this point if he’d even accept seeing the shitshow the club is rapidly devolving into.

More importantly, the question becomes who comes in Sven’s replacement. It’s still early days but like half of these signings don’t even look at Eerste level. I’m not sure how it’s possible but Gaaei was so bad he made Sanchez seem like T5 UCL club quality.

I love beating Ajax so badly they fire their DoF, but we were robbed of an historic victory by those fireworks yesterday and that sucks.

King Kendrick

Supports
Eredivisie
I love beating Ajax so badly they fire their DoF, but we were robbed of an historic victory by those fireworks yesterday and that sucks.
I’m sorry buddy, but at least the club now knows it has the confidence to go to Ajax and smash them. Any news on what the FA’s decision will be?