Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

GimmeThatBall_M8_NL

Was fine today. He got away with 4 chances for Soton because he wasnt standing in the right place (First 45 Minutes). Second half he retook his game and was getting more stabil in the game. Would love 2 see Smalling and Baily someday since Blind is also playing very good.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
One of those players that's actually entertaining to watch defend.

Looks a superb signing.

The United

I am thinking people are overrating this guy a lot like they did with smalling last season. I think he is potential to be a good defender. But nowhere near to the level people are talking about.

He actually needs a lot of work.

Perrick Dubois

Said it before the season started. Complete beast and perfect for this league. He will only grow and he loves getting tight, hitting players hard and fast. Closest thing we've had to Vidic in the last two seasons.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Would you start him over Mike in the Derby? Played well today but made me a little nervous in parts. Big call in my view.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Would you start him over Mike in the Derby? Played well today but made me a little nervous in parts. Big call in my view.
No. Künt Aguero loves playing against defenders like Bailly who commits themselves. We need Smalling and Bailly in full song for the derby.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
I am thinking people are overrating this guy a lot like they did with smalling last season. I think he is potential to be a good defender. But nowhere near to the level people are talking about.

I think your being a little too critical. Blind had a far worse game so Bailly had to cover for him which meant him leaving his position at times. He needs to cut out the dilly dallying though because it gets on my nerves

The United

I think your being a little too critical. Blind had a far worse game so Bailly had to cover for him which meant him leaving his position at times. He needs to cut out the dilly dallying though because it gets on my nerves
what?! I am talking about in general. Not this game.

And I want to know when bailly had to cover for blind. If anything, usually the opposite. On the ground anyway.

deleon

Showed his pace again today. But I do think that he could be doing better after he beats the attacker to the ball though. He sort of half-expects his opponent to just do the honourable thing and give up the ball once he's won the race. You can almost see the surprise on his face when it doesn't happen.

Welbeckham

what?! I am talking about in general. Not this game.

And I want to know when bailly had to cover for blind. If anything, usually the opposite. On the ground anyway.
Other players having to cover for Blind and Valencia (who apparently play out of position and thus can't defend) is a general myth around here. Blind is incredibly composed defender. Bailly is a beast but he had couple of rash inexperienced player moments in the second half.

Ash_G

Definitely looks like he can be a good player for us. I think today he showed he's still on a learning curve in terms of over doing it with the ball but better that then being hopeless on it. I think we're in a good position with him. Between him, Blind and Smalling there's some good options there that can all compliment each other.

Nobby style

Tooting Colombia to Tooting Bec and back again
Didn't think he was that good today. Not bad, but not particularly good either.
Totally agree. Made some very rookie mistakes today, especially that gaffe in injury time where he foolishly lost the ball on the back line and was bailed out by Valencia. He plays with such force and speed, and does some fantastic individual defending, but this dynamic does cover up some fundamental errors and unneeded risk taking, that I believe will be eventually sorted. I would expect a couple embarrassing gaffes for goals though, sooner or later.

Last edited:

ZDwyr

Didn't think he looked as comfortable as Bournmeouth but still did well. Flashes of really good moments and the occasional nervy one.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Still not sure about this whole 'good on the ball' discussion. He's looked a little shaky while in possession and his passing technique seems pretty poor to me.

As a defender though, fantastic start. The type of defender I hated coming up against when I played - strong, fast, assertive, aggressive, he has everything. Does seem a little rash, and would guess he will get a sending off or two this season. Overall however, I've been very impressed by him so far. Says a lot that he has come into the team and country at just 22, and is one of the first names on the teamsheet already.

bugmat

Was good, but lost his man a few times - sotuhampton's strikers are very good at off the ball/behind-the-back movement and he got caught once or twice, but for a 2nd game in the league he was great. Has a bit of rashness ala Vida but that is good, as it puts opponents off early if he goes in strong and wins.

3KDré

It was his second game in the league. Not as solid as Bournemouth but still pretty good. He must have defended fairly well because we didn't concede.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Still not sure about this whole 'good on the ball' discussion. He's looked a little shaky while in possession and his passing technique seems pretty poor to me.

As a defender though, fantastic start. The type of defender I hated coming up against when I played - strong, fast, assertive, aggressive, he has everything. Does seem a little rash, and would guess he will get a sending off or two this season. Overall however, I've been very impressed by him so far. Says a lot that he has come into the team and country at just 22, and is one of the first names on the teamsheet already.
Yeah, he seems more like someone who's more good at the typically defensive aspects of his position: being powerful and dominant, tackling etc. Not that it's a bad thing, of course; not all defenders are technically proficient and if he does his job well I'll be more than happy. Strikes me as being similar to Vidic in many respects, although obviously not as good yet since he's quite young and will still have a lot of his game to develop.

Owngoalscorer

Frankly I'm impressed: young and inexperienced for a defender, new league, new language, new team-mates etc & he seems to be taking to it like a duck to water. Vidic looked for more shakey in his first season. He is a far better passer than Smalling and though sometimes over confident, he looks fine on the ball. Smalling is a great tackler but when people look to pass to him he's always pointing elsewhere and looks like he wants rid fast when he gets it. There will be inevitable blunders but so far, all good for me (He's also a French speaker which will work well with Pogba, Martial, etc)

Stringer

I thought he had a few dodgy moments in the first half half where he didn't clear crosses but his second half was much better. His athleticism is exceptional; simply ran down players even when they had a few yards on him.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
This guy is gonna be soooooooooo good.

competent again today and learning very quickly.

MDFC Manager

Agreed. After how we we got giddy about Darmian last season and how that panned out, I'm wary.

He's been very good prior to yesterday, though.

MDFC Manager

His passing is better than expected. Which is excellent given Blind on the other side is also an excellent passer

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
When hes on the ball he always looks for the forward pass and his passes are very hard to quicken the tempo which helps.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Another good performance. It's going to be hard for Smalling to get back in, and rightfully so.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Will probably be spoken about as the best CB in the league by seasons end. He probaby is already tbf.

Status
Not open for further replies.