Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He is a nuisance to the striker as he is always on their back kicking or flicking the ball no matter how the striker shields it. What i have seen so far is he has the no nonsense approach of clearing the ball which reminds me very much of Vidic.
I see this too, and its encouraging so long as his timing is consistent. I'm worried about how he'll be around the likes of Augero/Silva/KDB. I saw a youtube compilation where he keeps Messi and Ronaldo at bay though, so he can certainly do it.

ti vu

Vidic is his idol and you can see that in his aggressive style. He is far far better than Vida with the ball at his feet however.
Disagree with the double "far". He is better than Vida on ball? Yes. He is more agile than Vida? Yes. Think is since Vidic way of moving is not elegant enough, that makes people underrated his ball playing. He is not on top tier as Rio, Thiago Silva, J. Boateng, Hummels... but he's very good. Double "far" is underrating him.

Classical Mechanic

Disagree with the double "far". He is better than Vida on ball? Yes. He is more agile than Vida? Yes. Think is since Vidic way of moving is not elegant enough, that makes people underrated his ball playing. He is not on top tier as Rio, Thiago Silva, J. Boateng... but he's very good. Double "far" is underrating him.
Vidic was not a good passer IMO. He kept it simple and didn't take chances when passing so it didn't really matter in the system we played.

ti vu

Vidic was not a good passer IMO. He kept it simple and didn't take chances when passing so it didn't really matter in the system we played.
You should rewatch some of our old games. Vidic in some games made more meaningful passes than Rio's taking a piss hoof ball. Vidic can't dribble much hence his passing angle is more limited thus he played simple pass/ exchange to get into better postion, but the quality of his passes is not something to be underrated. Some of our beautiful goals were from Vidic's terrific passing out.

Last edited:

Classical Mechanic

You should rewatch some of our old games. Vidic in some games made more meaningful passes than Rio's taking a piss hoof ball. Vidic can't dribble much hence his passing angle is more limited thus he played simple pass/ exchange to get into better postion, but the quality of his passes is not something to be underrated. Some of our beautiful goals were from Vidic's terrific passing out.
Sorry pal but I have better things to do with my time than watch old United games with a protractor to measure the angle of Vidic's passing.

MancFanFromManc

RedCafe Ninja. Stalks the forum undercover, then w
I'm 49, and still playing a lot of footy as a striker (3 times a week when my legs allow), defending is still a mystery to me. But.... I recognize a class act when I see one. What astonishes me, is how good he is ALREADY! Defenders very rarely settle in immediately. They rely on forming partnerships (often with several different new players) and that takes times. Not for Bailly! Two MOM's in two matches and looks immense. You can keep Stones. This guy has the lot, and can play too. MOTD did a great feature on his performance. I watched it twice and was purrring. What a player!

In the long term I guess he'll be paired with Smalling, but Blind (as a very clever footballer, and great reader of the game) has really clicked with him straight away. Tremendous!

Nick7

My nephew who's very into flash footballers just got this lad on the back of his jersey. He's taken to him very quickly!

rotherham_red

Sorry pal but I have better things to do with my time than watch old United games with a protractor to measure the angle of Vidic's passing.
There's a reason why Vidic was called Vidicbauer on the forums. He used to attempt loads of these insane passes that never really went to their target. Though, it was more to do with the non-existent midfield than any inclination to do so on his part. When Scholes and Carrick were in midfield, he deferred. When it was Anderson-Cleverly, it was another matter

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
You just know he’ll take a couple of red cards a season, but it’s well worth it. Even though in terms of ability, he’s got a long way to go, but I love the way he’s kind of a combo of Rio and Vida. Aggressive, strong, likes to tackle but what’s impressed me the most is his composure with the ball. Hope he gets some training days this week before Friday.

Shark

@NotShark
Anyone also think he'd make a beast of a DM? he's fecking brilliant on the ball.

Varun

Staff
Knew he was good, watched him loads last season for my work, but I am super excited to see he's continuing his good form with us. I hope we can see him grow and get better for a good bunch of years!
What is that you do grumpy?

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I thought his performance in the CS was overrated but I was very impressed with him yesterday. Great game.

Varun

Staff
I work for Metrica Sports, a data company that uses footage from the matches to visualize the whole match and thus key points in the match based on what the coach wanted to focus on. Marcelino was a very defensive coach so data had a base in the defensive side of things.
Oh, nice man. So you watch and gather data on matches for a living. That's class. Do you analyse the data too or is that handled by some other team?

Djemba-Djemba

Trying not to get carried away, only have to look at how good Darmian looked after his first few games last season, but he looks brilliant.

Exactly what we've been missing.

Sparky Rhiwabon

The thing that makes me smile is that I bet no one (or hardly anyone) on here would have picked Bailly out as the CB we should go for. Another under-the-radar gem like Martial.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
The thing that makes me smile is that I bet no one (or hardly anyone) on here would have picked Bailly out as the CB we should go for. Another under-the-radar gem like Martial.
To be fair, I noticed him on FM (where everyone does their scouting), then when I saw the Liverpool & Villarreal game and I thought he was the difference between Villarreal conceding, versus in the 2nd leg when he was banned and they lost. They looked no where near as good defensively - I realised how big of an impact he had on the team.
And if I remember correctly in the Europa league thread there were a few other posters who commented on his performance in the first leg, and Villarreal's lack of organisation defensively without him in the 2nd leg.

I didn't think we would sign him of course, LVG was in charge and we were linked to players like Ighalo for £30-odd million, but his ability was certainly there.

Mark_GrumpyLion

Oh, nice man. So you watch and gather data on matches for a living. That's class. Do you analyse the data too or is that handled by some other team?
I would not say for a living, it's a part time thing for now. It's a start up company that is in it's 3rd season now. We might get some new clubs soon, waiting for news on that. And no, we just provide the data, analysis is on their plate. Besides the occasional "ah fecking hell, this defender is shit", but I would not count that as analysis. It honestly sounds more fun compared to what it is. Basically, I spent all day watching the same game while the software recognizes the color of the shirt and we ensure the dot stays on the right player. But it's a fun group and I've had worse jobs.

But OT: I watched him perform a lot last year, especially since I developed a soft spot for Villareal after watching them every week. Class player.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Just read he was injured the whole week. Whoa.

Jose:
"He was injured against Leicester in the Community Shield and said nothing but played 90 minutes. He couldn’t train this week after that, and trained for the first time yesterday with the team."
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ue-10-talking-points-from-the-weekends-action
Shows how much Jose thinks of him to throw him in like that zero training.

Been raving about this guy to all my scouse mates - hes got it all in his locker to be something very special.

cjg-888

Hoping he proves me wrong, but from what i have seen of him, i can see a red card coming in his future (or plenty of yellows at least), sooner rather than later, unless he calms a few things down.

Does look like a great signing though.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Vidic's passing got better as his career went on. Over his last couple of seasons his passing was probably better than Rio's (partly because of how much Vida improved, and partly because Rio's passing declined). It does appear Bailly is better in that regard, but like Ti Vu was saying above, saying he's "far far better" is being harsh on Vidic.

RooneyLegend

He's a proper defender, with a bit of on ball ability. I'm not convinced however that a partnership of him and smalling will be ideal. They're very similar although smalling almost can't play the ball at all.

Midfield

Red
A little bit off topic, Bailly was Barcelona main target before, since Eric has signed for United, they had Umtiti. How good is Umtiti if we compare him to Bailly? anyone regularly watch Ligue 1?

Tiber

Beast. You can still tell he is raw, but he has already shattered my expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.