Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

rotherham_red

Rumours he might be sold in January.

If anyone actually bids money for this guy our luck may be turning for the better, we should run to the bank and cash it in. Terrible player with an embarrassing injury record.
And yet, Phil Jones is still at the club...

Mcking

Exactly. Any player and I mean any player that has seemingly had issues or just been dropped by Mourinho become instincly hated by that faction. It's quite amazing really.
You are immediately attacked and shut down if you try to say anything positive or try to defend any of those players. The player is instantly labelled as shit, overrated, never been good etc and there's tens of twists in a way to try and fit the agenda. It was the same with Martial, with Shaw, with Pogba, with Fred, with Herrera to an extent. In contrast, they turn a blind eye, defend, play nonchalance and criticize reasonably - in contrast to the other group of players - any player that seems on good terms with Mourinho or gets constantly picked even when the said player isn't performing well.

Canagel

I'm just going to leave this here. Who in our squad could play like this first game back after injury? Against our biggest rivals. 5 months out injured..
That's a natural talent right there and I'd hate to see his potential fulfilled at another club.

KennyBurner

Don’t blame mourinho for dropping him. He plays like a casual sometimes. Always relaxed like pogba used to be in his first season. however that is not his biggest flaw. He lacks concentration which is a terrible trait for a defender. Too many times have we seen him faffing about when a ball gets into the box. I remember one instance of him tracking back with his back toward de gea. Almost cried that day as we lost the game. Think it was a cup game last season but don’t really remember.

Would have like mourinho to give him more chances but we’re out of the league cup and under so much pressure in the league. Can’t really afford any mistakes from him again in the league. Another mourinho signing bites the dust again.

Seven Seas Sardines

I'm just going to leave this here. Who in our squad could play like this first game back after injury? Against our biggest rivals. 5 months out injured..
That's a natural talent right there and I'd hate to see his potential fulfilled at another club.
Two minutes of backpasses and straightforward clearances, almost a penalty given away and an own goal. Surely there are better compilations to leave here? :lol:

steakpie

I wouldn't write Bailly off. He made 1 bad challenge to give away a penalty.

I was surprised he wasn't given a chance at right back, especially against City. He has looked good there. Young is much better at left back.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
What has happened to him? He was a good defender for us in his first two seasons (rash yes, but good).
He's been incredibly inconsistent for his entire time here.

He was good for his first two months or so before his form started dropping off, and had another good month in the second half of the season when he was next to Rojo. The rest of the first season he was generally poor or injured.
Second season was largely the same except with less periods of good form.
This season so far has just continued the downward trend. Hopefully he comes good, but so far he's been incredibly unreliable.

Irwin99

Yep. And if they start performing well again it's "Mourinho's played a blinder here".

I'd play him at right back.
I was just going to write that too. I believe he played there at times for his previous club. He's strong, energetic and has a decent level of technique but you just feel he's too erratic to play as a CB and always has a mistake in him. I wouldn't be heartbroken if he left but it is yet another transfer failure to add to our ever growing list.

CA1

A big useless lummox.

Up there with Darmian as being one of the shittest players to ever play for us. I have no idea what our scouts were thinking.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What has happened to him? He was a good defender for us in his first two seasons (rash yes, but good).
No confidence in him by Mourinho. Ever since he got injured and said he couldn't play he's not had a look in. Think they've had a major bust up.

King Eric 7

Well I think he's a talented player just lacking a brain. A shame really as there's a good player in there somewhere.

TsuWave

good player that's out of form. struggles to regain form due to being out of the team and locked in a dungeon for so long, and looks shaky when suddenly thrown in the frying pan. sounds like a familiar tale

crazy that him and lindelof only started together twice.

the chameleon

I think there's a good player in there. I think he just needs a solid leader next to him. We hoped Smalling and Jones would become those leaders how Vidic and Rio were for them. But unfortunately, this hasn't occurred. I think a solid leader Koulibaly will make Bailly a better player. We should definitely not sell him ahead of the other centre backs.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
A big useless lummox.

Up there with Darmian as being one of the shittest players to ever play for us. I have no idea what our scouts were thinking.
You’ve got to be joking, surely?

SAFMUTD

I think he still has it in him to become a world class player, just see how much Lindelof has improved with a run of games. He is currently in a shitty form but attribute wise he has everything to make it.

I don't understand why Mourinho simply wrote him off, I know he made some mistakes, but many players made mistakes and kept playing. Sadly he seems to be the scapegoat for this season.

I hope it isn´t to late for him at this club, I think he will become a great player eventually if not here in another club.

Ekeke

I think he still has it in him to become a world class player, just see how much Lindelof has improved with a run of games. He is currently in a shitty form but attribute wise he has everything to make it.

I don't understand why Mourinho simply wrote him off, I know he made some mistakes, but many players made mistakes and kept playing. Sadly he seems to be the scapegoat for this season.

I hope it isn´t to late for him at this club, I think he will become a great player eventually if not here in another club.
I think because he performed worse than any of them and at this stage he's not considered a new signing or a young inexperienced player.

I mean, heres a list of the statistically worst CBs so far this season

Chances are that if you've played several matches and you're a CB for Manchester United and you appear on this list, you've blown your chances and are going to be out in the cold.

I think he'll obviously improve if he gets another 3 starts. But when and where he gets them nobody knows

James Peril

Two minutes of backpasses and straightforward clearances, almost a penalty given away and an own goal. Surely there are better compilations to leave here? :lol:
Haha I totally agree, there is nothing positive in that video. Actually, lots of nearly moments that would have have made me scream «pass it!!!» if it was live. And an own goal to top it off...

SAFMUTD

I think because he performed worse than any of them and at this stage he's not considered a new signing or a young inexperienced player.

I mean, heres a list of the statistically worst CBs so far this season

Chances are that if you've played several matches and you're a CB for Manchester United and you appear on this list, you've blown your chances and are going to be out in the cold.

I think he'll obviously improve if he gets another 3 starts. But when and where he gets them nobody knows
Wow I don't know how they measure those raitings but I guess it's deserved, no one can deny that since the preseason Bailly has been awful. But so had been other players, why don't give him some minutes in cup fixtures?

If it was any other manager I would think that he doesn't play because he doesn't show enough in trainings, but knowing Jose and his history with player favoritisim I can't help to think that no matter what Bailly does he won't play him again.

Jose either loves you or hates you, he hold Lukaku for a lot of matches in which he offered nothing, same with Alexis until he was injured, and is not starting right now simply because Martial has been so good that he can't drop him. Same situation with Matic, it seems no matter how bad it gets he won't drop him.

I think that we are risking losing a talented player in Bailly, his confidence is shattered. He has showned glympses of talent so I think it's worth a shot, and it's not like we had world class defenders to not be able to give him some minutes.

Andersonson

Bailly has too many flaws in his game. I cannot understand the hype around him. Some even says he's world class!! Have you watched him play? He lacks positioning, concentration and is a terrible header of the ball.

He looks good on the eye maybe, because of his last ditch tackles and good pace. But he often has too make last ditch tackles due to poor positioning/concentration

Should be sold along with Rojo and Jones.

el3mel

He's another version of Jones for me. Good on his day but has too many problems that will prevent him from being the player we expected him to be when we signed him.

Boycott

He's another version of Jones for me. Good on his day but has too many problems that will prevent him from being the player we expected him to be when we signed him.
Yes I agree with that.

Jones has become a meme now but he was still spoken in positive terms up until the last couple of years. His potential was and still might be pretty good but people have run out of patience and it feels like we're getting to that point with Bailly.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Bailly will take back his place during the festive period. Of that Im almost certain. Right now he has to just bide his time. Rumours of his being written off by Mouri house are grossly over exagerated
How can you be certain that he will cement his place during the busiest period of the season when he can't stay fit in the first place during one game per week period, let alone put consistent performances few games in a row.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
How can you be certain that he will cement his place during the busiest period of the season when he can't stay fit in the first place during one game per week period, let alone put consistent performances few games in a row.
Well, He hasn't been playing right now and he is currently NOT injured. He also got dropped for playing badly whilst others have picked form, not because he suddenly became a shit footballer. There is no good reason at all to beleive he is incapable of recapturing his previous best form and the best time to do it will be when the team will be forced to rotate defenders. That is when he and a fit again Rojo will get their chances to play and prove their worth or sink. Im backing him to prove his worth because I believe in his talent

SAFMUTD

He got his minutes in the cup and we actually got kicked out. Remember?
Yes I know, but he has played for 291 minutes this season. Thats only 3 matches, Smalling has played 14 matches, Lindelof 13 matches, and we are having one of the worst defense record since I can remember. Im not saying give him a definitive XI spot, but why not try? Like I said he has showned glympses of talent, just because a bad run of 3 matches we are going erase him for good?

Red00012

The one where it looks like he’s taking a free and he’s gonna launch a 40 yard pass but then changes his angle completely and just passes it sideways to the right back was my favourite !

SER19

Baillys decline has been a real shame. He looked flawed but still really encouraging overall in his first year, yiu can forgive some things to a youngish defender. He’s been a total disaster this year. Would still keep ahead of rojo and jones.

Status
Not open for further replies.