Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robaldo

I agree. However, he has matured, imo. He is a much better player now every time I see him, much better than the following years after his first season, it's just that he has been injured all the time.
Although I'd love to agree, his performance against Spurs in October was one of the worst I've seen by a United defender

MetoTTT

I'm a fan since his debut. I'm still praying he can still injury free (unlikely, I know) and developp his natural qualities and focus.
I plead guilty but I assume.

lex talionis

But for the leaping squirrel in midfield, he put in a very solid shift today. Let’s see more.

criticalanalysis

The chest control in the packed penalty box, the dribbling and baiting of the press as the last man, the lunging high ball heading etc :lol:

Just fecking pray he can keep this up and get a good run of games.

CM

He played really well. You just know there's an injury or a poor performance around the corner though.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Great game. This should tell you what happen if we have someone like him but the top version and consistent version, we will be very solid. Bailly is inconsistent and you don’t know what he will give you each game so let’s get Upamecano!

The United

A decent footballer player but not sure if he is a good CB. Same thing can be said about Lindelof as well.

Lacking some top attributes to become a top CB. Both of them.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Crazy fecker, I will enjoy his next 3-4 games before he takes his yearly 3 month vacation again.

He's just got brilliant acceleration that provides a whole new dynamic from our center backs. Splits any pressure by driving at their midfield. It unsettles the whole opposition just enough to open big passing lanes

Kyonn

I think he's a better partner for either Maguire or Lindelof then they are for each other. (If that makes sense)

Gordon S

Looks like the best defender in the world for brief moments. If he could add a cool head he would be first name on the team sheet. Still only 26, might still have a future here.

AneRu

I think he's a better partner for either Maguire or Lindelof then they are for each other. (If that makes sense)
Makes a lot of sense but he is an injury prone player and this limits the level he can reach as a player. I think if he hadn't had an injury riddled career from the time he arrived he arrived here he would be at least as good as Maguire but you just know that he'd be injured again by new year.

arnie_ni

actually think Bruno was the real issue as he seemed to dish out a sneaky nudge.
I thought Richardson looked at Bruno first and had every intention of using his body to block out Bruno, and Bruno had to back in a bit.

I don't think either expected bailly to come and take the header

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He played really well. You just know there's an injury or a poor performance around the corner though.
He’s out best centre back, he just needs to stay fit.

he allows us to play a higher line and press more which is so important.

I think if the club are smart with him and just use him selectively then we can get regular periods out of him, but centre backs are usually expected to play every game and his body can’t really handle it.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
He’s out best centre back, he just needs to stay fit.

he allows us to play a higher line and press more which is so important.

I think if the club are smart with him and just use him selectively then we can get regular periods out of him, but centre backs are usually expected to play every game and his body can’t really handle it.
Bailly is so incredibly overrated on this forum. Yes, he's capable of absolutely incredible performances, but he's also capable of the absolutely ridiculous too. And he's demonstrated that when he's had a run of games too.

Hes unreliable from a fitness point of view and he's unreliable from a performance point of view. He's basically the Ivorian Phil Jones, but worse because he doesn't take corners.. :wenger:

Adam-Utd

Bailly is so incredibly overrated on this forum. Yes, he's capable of absolutely incredible performances, but he's also capable of the absolutely ridiculous too. And he's demonstrated that when he's had a run of games too.

Hes unreliable from a fitness point of view and he's unreliable from a performance point of view. He's basically the Ivorian Phil Jones, but worse because he doesn't take corners.. :wenger:
I don’t agree at all. If anything our other cbs are overrated more.

yes he’s had some moments in the past, but I see Lindelof and maguire make just as many errors, for some reason they stick with Bailly though?

he’s shown more talent than Jones ever has personally. He’s fantastic on the ball, he’s a clean tackler, the only similarity they have is they get themselves injured by over zealous tackling.

when was the last time Bailly made a horror mistake?

Carl

yes he’s had some moments in the past, but I see Lindelof and maguire make just as many errors, for some reason they stick with Bailly though?

he’s shown more talent than Jones ever has personally. He’s fantastic on the ball, he’s a clean tackler, the only similarity they have is they get themselves injured by over zealous tackling.

Its hard to recall exactly when because there's so much time in between appearances.

Adam-Utd

Its hard to recall exactly when because there's so much time in between appearances.
Well you’re sort of proving my point, nothing stands out. It’s just something that’s stuck with him unfairly as he made a few mistakes at one point.

lindelof has made way more mistakes in his time here yet he’s not hounded the way Bailly is.

Baillys biggest issue is staying fit, last time solskjaer hinted he would be first choice he got injured on international duty - we are a better team with him in the side IMO.

stevoc

One decent performance in a cup game and he’s the best centre back at the club again. When will people learn :rolleyes:

If he wasn’t injury prone...

If he didn’t make silly errors...

If he wasn’t so inconsistent...

If he wasn’t a crazy fecker...

Yeah if.

Brophs

The One and Only
You can argue the reasons all day long but he has massive mistakes in him almost every time he plays. A bit like Phil Jones, I think we already know enough about him to know he’ll never be the answer.

stevoc

I disagree. If he could play like that every match he would be clear of them both. But he can't so he isn't.
Yeah if Eric could stay fit, if he could stop the brainfarts, if he could become consistent.

Then he could be the best centre back at the club. But right now he isn’t and he’s no where near being the best at the club currently.

People get blinded by his pace and athleticism which I think leads to the knee jerking. It also highlights how much we need a defender like Bailly. Just one who’s actually good, consistent and can play more than two matches a month.

Carl

Well you’re sort of proving my point, nothing stands out. It’s just something that’s stuck with him unfairly as he made a few mistakes at one point.

lindelof has made way more mistakes in his time here yet he’s not hounded the way Bailly is.

Baillys biggest issue is staying fit, last time solskjaer hinted he would be first choice he got injured on international duty - we are a better team with him in the side IMO.
Lindelof has made more mistakes because he's played many many more games. I'm no big fan of Lindelof but his mistake to game ratio would be way fewer to Bailly's. The fact i can't recall his most recent massive mistake doesn't prove your point, it just proves I'm no football anorak that notes occurances to date.

As I said earlier, Bailly i capable of absolutely outstanding performances, so I'm not doubting his ability. Top players do it consistently though, and he's never done that at United, despite being here for over 4 years.

Carl

Yeah if Eric could stay fit, if he could stop the brainfarts, if he could become consistent.

Then he could be the best centre back at the club. But right now he isn’t and he’s no where near being the best at the club currently.

People get blinded by his pace and athleticism which I think leads to the knee jerking. It also highlights how much we need a defender like Bailly. Just one who’s actually good, consistent and can play more than two matches a month.
Exactly. The only thing we can rely on with Bailly is that he can't be relied on. And thats a massive problem.

CM

When Bailly has a bad game it's immediately obvious. I couldn't tell you when the last time was but the one that sticks out in my mind is the comeback game against PSG in 2019. One of the worst defensive performances I can remember and he was hooked for Dalot just after the half hour mark.

I remember Mourinho having to hook him in the Newcastle game earlier that season when we conceded 2 early goals too. When he plays badly, he really shits the bed.

Adam-Utd

When Bailly has a bad game it's immediately obvious. I couldn't tell you when the last time was but the one that sticks out in my mind is the comeback game against PSG in 2019. One of the worst defensive performances I can remember and he was hooked for Dalot just after the half hour mark.

I remember Mourinho having to hook him in the Newcastle game earlier that season when we conceded 2 early goals too. When he plays badly, he really shits the bed.
Yeah the PSG was probably the last time he was genuinely bad.

newcastle game was more tactical as we ended up pushing a midfielder back and threw the kitchen sink.

anyways, every game he’s played this year he’s been very good and I think he gets unfairly branded. If he can stay fit he and maguire are the best partnership IMO.

stevoc

Everyone will have their own opinion on what a 'horror mistake' is. But in his last two league games he made decisions that contributed to goals being conceded. Even setting aside the comedy show that was the Spurs game, in the 3-2 vs Brighton he tried an acrobatic tackle/clearance of the ball in the 6 yard box that lead to their 2nd goal being conceded. If he'd stayed on his feet and just got to the ball and booted it out the danger would have been snuffed out. But that sums up much of Bailly's performances in a nutshell, he will often opt for the acrobatic/flashy when all that is needed is a simple clearance or tackle.

Yeah the PSG was probably the last time he was genuinely bad.

newcastle game was more tactical as we ended up pushing a midfielder back and threw the kitchen sink.

anyways, every game he’s played this year he’s been very good and I think he gets unfairly branded. If he can stay fit he and maguire are the best partnership IMO.
Mate come on his last bad performance wasn't two seasons ago. He was genuinely bad vs Spurs this season, he wasn't alone but that was a comedy performance.

Jonno

There's just something about him, I love him.

When he mentally presses the FIFA skill button in the box, or when he carries the ball up to the opposition box, or when he always ends up on the deck with an injury. He's a wild, crazy defender that I love. I don't trust him, but I love watching him play.

georgipep

Spurs game?

A-man

He could be really good if he wasn’t injured and cut out the errors. He has it all
I think he was very good today, but would definitely not say he has it all. I think it is quite the opposite; He lacks a lot of things unfortunately.

of course Lindelof and Maguire make errors; they play every game. But Bailly makes many mistakes in few games. Last time he made big mistakes? In the last match he played before Everton which was Spurs, he was very poor and made mistakes.
He played well in this match and I think this match suited him well. There was not any pressure on the CBs and he got all the time in the world with the ball, and in matches like that he is very good with driving the ball forward.

Adam-Utd

Spurs game?
Not sure he can be blamed individually, the whole team were shocking. Perhaps could have reacted better to the quick free kick but was hardly a blunder - more of a smart attacking play.

Saddy

This guy could be absolutely world class if he stayed fit and I wonder if it would be possible to give him "one to one" coaching from Rio on how to use his speed and agility without getting injured so much ? - e.g that over the top of the player challenge near the centre of the pitch with cover available.

georgipep

Not sure he can be blamed individually, the whole team were shocking. Perhaps could have reacted better to the quick free kick but was hardly a blunder - more of a smart attacking play.
It was a team poor performance but Bailly was quite poor, insecure and indecisive himself.

I like him a lot but definitely see him as a risky proposition not only due to his injury record. Let's hope he keeps fit and proves all doubters wrong.

Alemar

Bailly has a glaring weakness which is his heading - it is not good at all. And given he plays only RCB, then when AWB also plays, we have very little heading ability in the entire right side of the defence.

That said, Lindelof is clearly also not good enough at heading

Status
Not open for further replies.