g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Eric Bailly image 3

Eric Bailly Ivory Coast flag

2020-21 Performances

View full 2020-21 profile

6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternitiy

Such a strange player. His pass through the lines was instrumental in the buildup to Bruno's goal. However, he's just so unpredictable and unconventional with his defending, I fear he costs us whenever he plays.

Real Name

For the 1st goal he was like oh well I might try to block it.. Plus pointing in the middle of their attack.

slored1

Watch the second Leicester goal again. He checks where Vardy is and just stands on the spot. Move, for feck sake.

Santos J

Definitely not the answer in my opinion but he does show the value a player of his ilk, that isn't slow as shit, has in our shit show of a defence.

A-man

Good with the ball when he is not under pressure. Slightest pressure and he’s horrible. Poor at defending, no coincidence both goals are in his path. Passive.

el3mel

The handball incident was comedy gold though. I laughed so hard on it while watching.

Based Adnan

We're in big big trouble if Lindelof is out now

Would rather see McTominay slot in at CB over this clown. Can't believe this is his fifth season here considering how little he's shown. Terrible defender.

Ronnie O'Sullivan

For the 1st goal he was like oh well I might try to block it.. Plus pointing in the middle of their attack.
Don't know wtf he was doing for the first goal, instead of committing to a desperate sliding block he makes a strange stance with his arms flailing all over. If the shot hadn't gone in it would have likely been a penalty

G-MUFC

Awful defender. All our rivals and the opposition are happy to see us picking him in the defence.
His handball was a joke and would be unacceptable at a lower league club, never mind one of the top clubs. How he's managed to stay at the club for so many years is another indictment on the club.

nainaisson

This was a good game by his standards since he managed not to give one of his teammates a concussion or give away a handball penalty.

I'm sure Mike Dean was salivating as soon as he saw that Bailly was playing, but Bailly managed to disappoint him, miraculously.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
The thing with Bailly is that he is a defender that may bicycle kick 2 clearances a match and moonwalk a ball off the touchline.

However, he doesn't ever do this in the most basic and easy way so it's always so shaky to the stability of a top team and a bunch of defenders holding a defensive Unit.

Obiorahking_

He’s one of those CBs you want to get behind so much but just dosent have the game to back it. It’s a shame because he’s athletic and isn’t terrible on the ball but is so utterly inconsistent. Needs to settle for a permanent backup role.

stevoc

Wasn’t completely awful today but he was so erratic. I never have a clue what he’s going to do and I doubt he does either. The defence always looks unsure when he plays.

If lindelof is out for a few games I fear we will struggle if Eric deputises.

el3mel

To be fair that was bizarre from Fred, if he doesn’t handball it then it’s going back to wobbly legs in the goal at height whilst Leicester are on the edge of our box.
Not blaming him, it just was really bizarre, getting a handball jus because he was pointing to someone else what to do. :lol: He wasn't part of the play and suddenly it's a handball on him. Very funny incident.

lex talionis

He’s one of those CBs you want to get behind so much but just dosent have the game to back it. It’s a shame because he’s athletic and isn’t terrible on the ball but is so utterly inconsistent. Needs to settle for a permanent backup role.
This. Eric just doesn’t have it in him to be a regular starter for us. Sad, as when he arrived he was quite promising, almost beastly.

I’d like to see us give TFM a run of a few games.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Had a good game. A lot better at CB than Lindelof. Obviously the blocking attempt was weird but I'd say keep playing him until we can get a better CB, hopefully he'll stay injury free.

Meep

Sadly Bailly got some skills but they all gets blanked out by his erratic and stupid defending. Why didn't we start with Victor and tuanzebe on the right? Beats me. We would have won. Victor played good against wierdy last time.

OrcaFat

He’s a bit of a rough diamond.

He cost us a bit defensively but I thought his overall play was quite promising. Probably got the nod due to his pace and possible fitness issue to Lindelof.

He wasn’t as bad as some are saying but I don’t think he is the answer.

dev1l

I think the lack of consistency is due to him being injured so frequently - his style makes he prone to injuries.
So I cannot see us relying on him too much.
Imo we need to shift out Rojo and Jones and replace them with an injury free CB.
In a way we end up with 3 relatively injury free CBs and axel/ Bailly as a fourth CB.

Obiorahking_

He seems fine being that and I'm ok with that being the case. I thought he'd given up altogether being at the club but it seems like Ole has kept him engaged.
Yeah with his injury history this role for him makes all sides happy

Dinghy

"Aim here"

That's got to be the slowest reaction ever.

Last edited:

Obiorahking_

I think the lack of consistency is due to him being injured so frequently - his style makes he prone to injuries.
So I cannot see us relying on him too much.
Imo we need to shift out Rojo and Jones and replace them with an injury free CB.
In a way we end up with 3 relatively injury free CBs and axel/ Bailly as a fourth CB.
Agreed. Though, since I doubt we bring in a CB in January( and to be honest I don’t want us to. I hope we take the time to find the best possible CB and that play won’t be available in Jan), I would love for Axel to start getting a run of games to show us what he’s got. He’ll make mistakes but with Lindleof playing hurt we don’t got a better option.

dev1l

Agreed. Though, since I doubt we bring in a CB in January( and to be honest I don’t want us to. I hope we take the time to find the best possible CB and that play won’t be available in Jan), I would love for Axel to start getting a run of games to show us what he’s got. He’ll make mistakes but with Lindleof playing hurt we don’t got a better option.
Agreed but what makes you think that Axel and Bailly will stay fit for the rest of the season.
Unfortunately for us and them two, history suggests otherwise

GueRed

i like his personality..he's quick and confident...

but he's injury prone and not better than Maguire.

Not even better than Lindelof IMO

and thats saying a lot.

He doesnt exude calmness and authority in his defending.

we need better.

Status
Not open for further replies.