Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

mav_9me

I love Bailly but he has a long way to go to getting back into the squad on a regular basis. Needs to stay fit and then put in good performances.

mattsville

I love his pace and athleticism on the ground, he saved us yesterday with that on one occasion, one on one he is very difficult to beat which ideally allows to play a dominant game further up the pitch, he is also very confident on the ball and moves it quickly, but there are issues with injuries, aerial ability and concentration at times and that is holding him back.

Matt851

I think everyone loves him as a character. If he could stay fit and eliminated all the mistakes he'd end up with a similar feeling around the club and fans as Evra did. Unfortunately after five seasons I don't see that happening.
Agree, seems like a great character but we shouldn't be paying people 100k a week for their personality and i have given up hope of him ever staying fit consistently

frookydinho

Hope he plays Saturday. Vardys pace destroys teams, wouldn't mind him and Axel on the right side of our defence again

United in sin

Although I'd love to agree, his performance against Spurs in October was one of the worst I've seen by a United defender
He actually wasn't that bad against Spurs. Maguire was absolutely diabolical

Lindelof has made more mistakes because he's played many many more games. I'm no big fan of Lindelof but his mistake to game ratio would be way fewer to Bailly's. The fact i can't recall his most recent massive mistake doesn't prove your point, it just proves I'm no football anorak that notes occurances to date.

As I said earlier, Bailly i capable of absolutely outstanding performances, so I'm not doubting his ability. Top players do it consistently though, and he's never done that at United, despite being here for over 4 years.

What's this based on?

SinNombre

Bailly is probably a favourite inside the locker room.

This is definitely one good thing about this team. Lots of togetherness.

Devil may care

It was good seeing us play a higher line with a CB that has the attributes to cover Maguire, I look forward to his next outing in the FA Cup in a couple of weeks before his next injury lay-off.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Hope he plays Saturday. Vardys pace destroys teams, wouldn't mind him and Axel on the right side of our defence again
Playing Bailly is like tossing coin, you don’t know which side we will get from him. At this stage in the league, we don’t want to make gamble decision.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
He actually wasn't that bad against Spurs. Maguire was absolutely diabolical

What's this based on?
He was fecking awful against Spurs, maybe even the worst of the defenders which is saying something given the horror show display from Maguire and Shaw. Wan Bissaka was the only one who wasn't totally appalling and he was still bad.

On the other hand it's apparent that the fitness was what drove that dreadful start from the defenders so I'll let them off for that one. Bailly will still feck up, and he will still get injured though, that's who he is and it ain't changing at this point I don't think.

Foxbatt

I really think he is crazy. He could be brilliant and horrible in the same minute.
I mean his request to Cavani was ridiculously funny. I am sure Bailly was dead serious. I have never seen anything like that before. Cavani looked a bit embarrassed too.
Individually he is a great athlete. But you never know what he is thinking and what he is going to do next? It brings uncertainty to the defense and the team.
He could bring the ball down on his chest in a crowded penalty box and try to dribble past everyone or he could put in a brilliant tackle and clear the danger. No one knows and I don't think he even knows what he is going to do next.
It's terrible for the rest of the defense team.

arthurka

Love him but he is a Pandora's box. Promises all the best but absolutely can destroy you.

Sylar

To me he's like a defender version of what we had with Anderson

Foxbatt

To me he's like a defender version of what we had with Anderson
Ando was very good early on. I noticed that Ando was somehow involved in a lot of good goals. It's his last two regular years that he went downhill. He never does anything crazy like Bailly. Ando was extremely reliable too.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Such an elegant gait. Like a prize horse. Crazy dude however.
Bailly and Tuanzebe are both amazing physical creatures and share the same prized assets and elegance.
If only both could stay fit, I think they'd be amongst the best defensive partnerships in world football and very few attacking players would give them trouble.

If I were Ole, Id really be tempted to play Bailly against Vardy tomorrow.

Foxbatt

Bailly could be brilliant but also horrible. He needs to play in less important games to be consistent.

A-man

Bailly and Tuanzebe are both amazing physical creatures and share the same prized assets and elegance.
If only both could stay fit, I think they'd be amongst the best defensive partnerships in world football and very few attacking players would give them trouble.

If I were Ole, Id really be tempted to play Bailly against Vardy tomorrow.
Being a good footballer is fortunately more than being an “amazing physical creature” :eek:
Bailly’s injuries are obviously not helping, but apart from that he is simply not good enough and he does not have all the basic skills. Sometimes his speed can save him, sometimes not.

Sylar

No he is not. His issue is he cannot stop picking up injuries.
What do you mean no he's not? In my opinion his character is similar and injuries hamper what could otherwise be a potentially good career.

Ando was very good early on. I noticed that Ando was somehow involved in a lot of good goals. It's his last two regular years that he went downhill. He never does anything crazy like Bailly. Ando was extremely reliable too.
Ando never broke more than 30 games in a season except his first two seasons for us

Not what I would call reliable

Foxbatt

What do you mean no he's not? In my opinion his character is similar and injuries hamper what could otherwise be a potentially good career.

Ando never broke more than 30 games in a season except his first two seasons for us

Not what I would call reliable
He had his injuries and weight problems later on but Bailly could be a disaster in some games. Anderson was never a disaster and played at a much higher level. Injury wise he could be but not ability wise Anderson was miles better.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Being a good footballer is fortunately more than being an “amazing physical creature” :eek:
Bailly’s injuries are obviously not helping, but apart from that he is simply not good enough and he does not have all the basic skills. Sometimes his speed can save him, sometimes not.
Bailly has missed so much game time due to injuries, so not developed and practiced enough for his age. Hope that also doesn’t happen to Tuanzebe

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Bailly could be brilliant but also horrible. He needs to play in less important games to be consistent.
It's not like a player comes in after 20 games and plays a blinder. Also certainly much better than Lindelof who cost us game after game last season. I very much prefer a strong defender who defends on a front foot and can make a mistake here and there or backing of, never commit or make a tackle only to be too soft for every second challenge and concede goals.

Problem with Bailly is that he stands out a bit more when he makes mistake and an obvious one that he can't stay fit. But there are also posters who will claim this and that player is bad the more they are sidelined with an injury which is totally unfair. One good thing about Bailly is that despite his horrible injury record he can play after a long period of time and still be one of our best and most confident players, That all hurts because we can see he's very much a Manutd player.

A-man

Bailly has missed so much game time due to injuries, so not developed and practiced enough for his age. Hope that also doesn’t happen to Tuanzebe
Yes he pretty much lost four years of development. Unfortunately it looks the same for Tuanzebe. I could be wrong, but I think Axel has only started one PL match as CB.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Massive game for him today. I'm expecting him to leave early through injury or make a mistake that leads to a goal. Really hope I'm wrong though, because he's got all the attributes to be fantastic.

arthurka

Massive game for him today. I'm expecting him to leave early through injury or make a mistake that leads to a goal. Really hope I'm wrong though, because he's got all the attributes to be fantastic.
He has been tried couple of times out wide, it has not worked at all. Really strange to see this tested again.

Matt851

Even if he gets through today i have no hope he will be able to play well for a sustained period. As you say he will either make a horrendous mistake or most likely, get injured again.

We really should be looking to get abother cb in asap although cant see is doing that until summer. Would probably prioritise a back up right back given we dont seek to have one at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.