Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekeke

Did well overall, but he did have that one moment where he Gary Neville'd it trying to shield the ball out and the attacker pinched the ball off him near the start. Still a very good contribution

Ashish Negi

Play him against Villa and send him on rest/recovery for next 7 days. We will need him against scums

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Are we back to pretending Eric Bailly is a great defender again?
Only people who have no idea what a good CB is think he’s rubbish.

no doubt the same guys were saying Fred was awful too after he made a few mistakes early on.

he’s been excellent in his last few appearances and deserves a chance to cement himself.

people need to remember everybody makes a mistake now and again.

Mr Smith

He's showing what a player he can be when fully fit and in form. Was excellent at reading danger early and his pace is a huge asset to complement Maguire. He has a future here yet.

diawl_coch

Agree that he's playing well.

Sometimes I think Lindelof gets overloaded with the situation in front of him and just freezes. Bailly just improvises and I think he makes Maguire a better partner.

GueRed

i like him,

like maguire had a solid game this evening

but imagine pinning your hopes on a crock

stevoc

Played very well tonight, Wolves didn't offer much in attack but what they did he and Maguire dealt with very well.

Lets hope he can stay fit.

Adam-Utd

I am tired of this guy to be sincere
How sad are you? You can’t be happy for one of our players putting in a great performance.

no doubt you’ll be first in here when he does make a mistake. It’s your choice to like him or not but give credit when it’s due.

acnumber9

No. Most just acknowledge his great performance today. What are you doing here though apart from being toxic?
Just wondering why we are back on this never ending circle. Toxic must be the mover overused word on this forum.

A-man

I think he is perfect for this kind of games. They have a good defence but toothless attack. He is great at winning back the ball early so we can keep attacking, and he doesn’t have to face any skilled forwards who can put him in tricky situations.

Alemar

Brilliant tonight. If he can stay fit he's clearly the better partner for Maguire.
he is clearly a better partner for either of Maguire or Lindelof. The big “if”is staying fit, because... everyone knows ...

acnumber9

no doubt the same guys were saying Fred was awful too after he made a few mistakes early on.

he’s been excellent in his last few appearances and deserves a chance to cement himself.

This was his third appearance since his shit show against Spurs. And those appearance have included him standing and watching Jamie Vardy equalise in our last game. Only people who have no idea what a defender is think he is a good defender. It requires a lot more than athleticism.

Last edited:

just because you have an opinion, doesn’t mean everyone else is wrong, and they “ have no idea what a good CB is”.

I’m a big critic of his, but as I said in my earlier post, he played well - and I’m pleased because we have very little depth in that area.

he’s always been capable of playing well. I personally don’t think he’s good enough, and doesn’t have the consistency, resilience and concentration needed. That’s an opinion developed over 4 years, not knee Jerk.

if he turns it around, and can perform at this level consistently, then I’ll be very happy and eat my hat - but he needs to do it for at least a half dozen games in a row. Would be great if he can.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Whether he can maintain his form remains to be seen. But when he does perform he gives Ole a option to play a more expansive game because he's the best CB at the club playing high up the pitch in a 1v1 scenario. Had it been Maguire and Lindelof playing in tandem then we would've seen us defend deep with Wolves having a real strangle hold in the midfield.

ThehatchetMan

Plz look at Me! Pay attention to Me!
Supports
Crusaders FC
I thought he had a superb game tonight. He's just got such great all round athleticism; from pace to strength and ability in the air.

Really hope he can get a good string of games behind him now. Very exciting player to watch

acnumber9

Bailly clearly has days when he’s great. You know this.
It’s just that he also has a tonne of days where he’s absolutely terrible.

Bizarre player Bailly, total enigma.
But when the majority are the shit games it’s probably because he isn’t a great defender.

United in sin

This was his third appearance since his shit show against Spurs. And it included him standing and watching Jamie Vardy equalise in our last game. Only people who have no idea what a defender is think he is a good defender. It requires a lot more than athleticism.
He's miles better than Lindelof, even in almost every stat in both their times here

Eriku

Love the pace he has to cover for us sometimes when we’re in trouble. He’s often very good at retaining possession where others would clear, but it also makes his lapses memorable because they happen in key areas at times.

Hope he can stay fit and that Ole knows which matches to use him for.

Adam-Utd

This was his third appearance since his shit show against Spurs. And it included him standing and watching Jamie Vardy equalise in our last game. Only people who have no idea what a defender is think he is a good defender. It requires a lot more than athleticism.
The whole team was a shit show against Spurs but you blame Bailly alone which makes me laugh.

he’s had way more positive games than bad ones, you just decide to remember the bad moments and ignore all the positive things he does.

give me a performance like that tonight over any performance Lindelof gives us regularly.

Tapori

You bastrd, you better keep performing. You even helped our Harry.
Bar a skethcy moment against Traore, his reading was excellent and crisp passing too

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Decent game but it's always just a relief to get through a game without him making a big error, which will be coming soon no doubt. Or an injury.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
One of his good nights and when he has one of those, he’s up with the very best. We know at this stage that he is incapable of backing it up. However, hats off for a super performance tonight.

Tapori

His reading was good today as a defender.

acnumber9

The whole team was a shit show against Spurs but you blame Bailly alone which makes me laugh.

he’s had way more positive games than bad ones, you just decide to remember the bad moments and ignore all the positive things he does.

give me a performance like that tonight over any performance Lindelof gives us regularly.
How is saying somebody was a shit show blaming only him? Jesus Christ. He was one of many that day.

He’s started three league games this season, we’ve conceded eight goals in them. He was terrible in one and at fault for the equaliser in another. Tonight he was up against a team that has scored a grand total of 15 goals in 16 games and was missing their best striker.

TsuWave

Player has good game but you’re clocking double shifts in his thread to shit on him? Mon dieu

A-man

He was pretty good tonight, but to say he has been excellent his last matches is to stretch it. Lindelof /Maguire as pair have so far 8 wins, 2 draws, 2 losses so it’s not like they’re totally useless.

The United

Decent game but it's always just a relief to get through a game without him making a big error, which will be coming soon no doubt. Or an injury.
Yeah. That's how I feel with him.

Hopefully, this run will be different.

TsuWave

Yeah. That's how I feel with him.

Hopefully, this run will be different.
I don’t know how you guys manage to watch United at all then, Lindelof and Maguire are as error prone as him, without a lot of his attributes. I do concede his injury record is much worse though

Ekeke

I mean, he did make an error that could have been costly. :confused:

But it was early on and we got away with it and he played well other than that. Considering he's in for an injured player it was a very good performance. Not going to pretend it was perfect though

How is saying somebody was a shit show blaming only him? Jesus Christ. He was one of many that day.

He’s started three league games this season, we’ve conceded eight goals in them. He was terrible in one and at fault for the equaliser in another. Tonight he was up against a team that has scored a grand total of 15 goals in 16 games and was missing their best striker.
I wouldn't say he was at fault - just really top level movement from one of the best strikers in the league.

He actually had a really good game against Leicester too, completely nullified Vardy's threat on the last shoulder - he didn't have a sniff.

And then he has followed it up with another good performance against Adama and Neto, a pairing that gave "best defender in the league" Thiago SIlva and "best defence in the league" Spurs problems recently. So I wouldn't call Wolves' attack blunt when they've put our rivals to the sword this season.

Adam-Utd

I mean, he did make an error that could have been costly. :confused:

But it was early on and we got away with it and he played well other than that. Considering he's in for an injured player it was a very good performance. Not going to pretend it was perfect though
What would you preferred he did? Just whack it out for a corner?

he tried to shield it out but traore did well and managed to hook it back in. Apart from that he was literally faultless.

Foxbatt

He was good today. But I can't trust him still. I know he is going to play against Villa and I hope he has a great game.

Status
Not open for further replies.