Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

A-man

Why does having a higher line mean more 'risk'? I'd say the opposite and sitting deeper, inviting pressure, reactive defending, ceding possession, dropping deep when the opposition attacks is not conductive to a 'good' system that wants to stop leaking goals. We talk about individual mistakes and it's not Ole's fault that the performances of players are poor in games but it's a systematic failing also.

We play defensive and yet free-for-all football because our natural tendency is play a deeper line to accomendate for the fact we are shite at creating chances through possession so we hope for individual sparks or chances in transition i.e counter attacks. This is not sustainable or giving the defensive and offensive players the best platform. It's arguably the best foundation we've had post-Fergie and Ole deserves credit for that but we need to continue to improve.

There's much to be said about Bailly's game or Lindelof's for that matter. Let's see how the former performs with a consistent set of games. With Lindelof's injury, it could be our only choice anyways.
The higher the line, the more vulnerable you become for counters behind that line. And every time a defender miss to win back the ball, there will be a counter. It demands top quality defence to manage that. I don’t see Bailly as the missing link to be able to play different type of football.

Thought he played well and nullified Vardy's threat on the last shoulder. Their second goal was just world class movement from Vardy - very difficult for any defender to deal with straight away.

Idxomer

He played the ball through to Cavani for our second goal. As for Vardy's goal, If that ball was crossed from Eric's side of the defence, we all know he would have jumped in, but Harry and Pogba stared on.
You're right, forgot about this one.

A-man

I had the same feeling. The other day, lindeloff on left and partnered with Tuanzanbe works wonderfully well. It probably work well also for lindeloff and Bailey.
I’m not a big fan of correcting people at a forum, but couldn’t help it, sorry, because you had three United players misspelled out of three :)

Lindelöf or Lindelof
Tuanzebe
Bailly

city-puma

I’m not a big fan of correcting people at a forum, but couldn’t help it, sorry, because you had three United players misspelled out of three :)

Lindelöf or Lindelof
Tuanzebe
Bailly
Yes, sir!
Lindelof
Tuanzebe
Bailly
I guess this time I get them right ;)

Silas

Fantastic today.

How long before someone posts the coin analogy?

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Matić was slightly better than him today, but he repaired critical error by Pogba and risked a knock.

Also very composed on the ball.

A-man

Solid even if there was not much to work to do defensively. Good at winning back the ball. Wish he would be a little more adventurous with his passing.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Always prone to a brainfart, as seen in the first half but when he is good, he is very good.

His pace kills many dangerous situations.

el3mel

As I said in Maguire thread him and Bailly were fantastic today. More of this please, Eric !

Sanchez7

Fantastic today. I have long had a soft spot for him - if he can just stay fit and go through the second half of the season without injuries, could be massive us. His athleticism is just :drool:

Very good tonight, as he has been since coming back.

Would be great if he could keep this sort of consistency in terms of play and availability.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Another class performance.

time to put some respect on his name

FromTheBench

He can do something crazy but he is better than Lindelof.

His pace one on one defending and aerial ability all are better.

Good performance, and I’m a massive critic of him. We need depth at centre back, so very pleased he’s put in some good performances.

tomaldinho1

Can we not just keep the guy fit and play him once a week. He's crazy but easily our best CB in my opinion.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Stay healthy, offer performances like this. Love the cat but he just has to stay healthy to really matter.

arnie_ni

Brilliant today. That counter attacked he stopped when he sprinted past Harry, clear goal if it was lindeloff on the pitch purely because he wouldn't have had the recovery pace.

We really need him to stay fit

3KDré

Is usually very good when we play with a high line. Please please stay fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.