Eric Bailly | Manchester United Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Nani was born in Cape Verde. That's what he means. And Evra was born in Sénégal. The last United player playing for an african national side was Diouf.
Yes I know that but no one considers Nani and Evra as Africans instead of their actual nationalities. Good spot on Djiouf, completely forgot about him and thought Djemba was our last African.

Zoo

Bailly vs Liverpool

He looks comfortable when required to use his left foot. I believe he has experience as LCB from Espanyol and with his country. Can see him developing a formidable partnership with Smalling.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Fair play to Balague for calling this one first. He probably deserves a better reputation than he has for transfers. I'm sure he's called a few big ones over the past few years.
He is just as bad as everyone else. He called one major transfer over the last few years and that was Di Maria to United. Thats one.

Tormentor

In Mourinho I trust!!!

We just started a new era and I have no doubt Mourinho will build a strong team in the next two seasons.

Eric has amazing technical abilities, he's fast and overall he's just a great addition to our club.

mu4c_20le

Anyone else thinks he looks a bit like Gallas? I'd be happy if he can be as good without the injuries.

Robertd0803

Good news, its nice to see transfer business being completed nice and early. Shows we have a plan/strategy in mind hopefully.

Ixion

I like watching new signing's followers shoot up when it's announced, he's more than doubled his twitter followers in an hour.

Ferguson

We should have had a CB like this last summer with all due respect to the excellent job Blind has done in LVG's system.

I like Mourinho's decisiveness about how his team will look.

ManUchosenbosslvg

Supports
Manchester reds
Will need a serious pre season to get ready for the Prem. He may have looked physical over in La Liga but he's apparently only 77kg, that's very slight for a prem centre back, like Januzaj is 75kg. I think Mourinho will still sign a starting centre back while Bailly adapts to what's required.

Will need a serious pre season to get ready for the Prem. He may have looked physical over in La Liga but he's apparently only 77kg, that's very slight for a prem centre back, like Januzaj is 75kg. I think Mourinho will still sign a starting centre back while Bailly adapts to what's required.
77kg of pure muscle by the looks of it, similar to Ronaldo in that respect right?

Adebesi

Admit I don't know much about him like many.

However, in my view pretty much all of our best signings are people many would know little about.

How many people were following Schmeichel, Stam and Vidic before they signed? Or more recently Martial?

I'd go so far as saying all our best acquisitions have been from less established clubs/leagues.
Given youre going back as far as Schmeichel I think that might be a bit too far. Eric Cantona, Rio Ferdinand... Though I guess Leeds are a less established club.

NessunDorma

In my opinion, this lad is a world class centre back who is going to be brilliant for us.

I've never actually seen him play, and hadn't even heard of him until 10 days ago, but he cost £30m, so *has* to be good . . . right?

skidmark

Account closed by request: 23/12/16
Supports
Utd, and NUFC
we should sack whoever keeps putting shirts in front of him. you could see how he froze the first time and physically couldn't move his hand to sign the shirt, then they chuck two more at him and he hesitates before doing pretend writing then random scribble. made him look a right mug.
He 'froze' while waiting to have his mugshot taken didn't he

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Blind showed it isn't always about being tall and heavy. Using your body correctly and timing of the challenge is so much more important. Of course having power behind you always helps, but from the videos he's certainly got that. I like his aggressiveness too.

Xign

He is just as bad as everyone else. He called one major transfer over the last few years and that was Di Maria to United. Thats one.
Balague annoys me. I think him a bit smarmy too. Did he say a few weeks ago Mourinho was not going to be United manager?

sunama

Baghdad Bob
How many people were following Schmeichel, Stam and Vidic before they signed? Or more recently Martial?
I knew of Schmeichel from his exploits for Denmark, in Euro 92.
And Stam, when he arrived, was reputed to be one of the best defenders in the World. I remember reading an interview when he first arrived - he had a huge ego and confidence that he was the best in the business. Stam was one of the most exciting signings at the time and he did not disappoint. ;)
Martial - I'd never heard of him before we got him.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Looks very clumsy in his YouTube videos, no? I don't see anything special about him at all - your average physically well built defender.

But then, I'm no scout. We do need some physique at the back, and I hope he does well here. Welcome, Eric!

ManUchosenbosslvg

Supports
Manchester reds
77kg of pure muscle by the looks of it, similar to Ronaldo in that respect right?
Ronaldo is shorter and heavier (80-83kg) whichever you believe. He plays a position that weight isn't as much as an advantage as for a centre back too. Bailly is still a young lad though and may naturally fill out over the next few years, hopefully putting on 10kg-12kg to help him cope with the physical nature of the Prem.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Welcome to our new 36 year old centre back :drool::drool:
The Mourinho haters, must be thinking, "Damnit, his first signing is a 22 year old....Damn you Mourinho".
If/when we win the title, the haters will be furious :p

JrRed

Didn't know about him until a week ago. Will trust Jose's judgement on this one. Hoping he turns out to be more Martial than Djemba-Djemba.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
Very happy to see we're already getting signings wrapped up, now onto the next one!

Not so happy at reading different variations of the same awful joke about 30 times...

Status
Not open for further replies.