Eric Dier | Poch: “He is an important player for us and the idea is not to sell him."

Do you want United to sign Eric Dier?

• Total voters

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Pique? And I think Walker's situation may be like Stam's, not saying he is anywhere near as good a player but he crossed the manager and it was seen as a point of no return. I'd say also if Madrid came in for DDG it would be interesting. Anyway this is my last post today unfortunately, not trying to be a WUM.
Pique, by his own admission, decided to leave due to Rio and Vidic forming the best partnership in the prem. Sitting on the bench was beneath his ability so he left for Barca. Slightly different to Walker going to City for the money - there is simply no other reason why he would join that sty of a football club.

DDG didn't leave, but technically you're right. No doubt he pushed for a move to Real that summer. He's happy to stay now he's the highest paid GK on the planet.

xplatformjedi

Supports
Pittsburgh Steelers
I know right, Blind is not needed at cb anymore and only a 2nd or 3rd choice at lb, He needs to be slotted in cdm Position as an option or he'll be just wasted. He offers the same dier would. Hope Mourinho Recognizes this.
Other than being English and younger, what other attribute does Dier have over Blind that would make him worth the asking price?

xplatformjedi

Supports
Pittsburgh Steelers
I dont see much. Just height and more physicality.
Right. And to be fair being an inch taller at CDM isn't going to make that much of a difference. Daley's experience and familiarity with the defensive line will make up for the physicality.

No way we put in a bid for Dier. I'd overlooked Daley. Hell, if Tuanzebe can play CDM...

left back has Shaw/Darmian and now Mitchell.

Right back...Valencia, Fosu AND Bailly

CB...Bailly, Rojo, Smalling, Tuanzebe (who I think is being groomed for CDM) and Jones

Daley Blind can do what they'd ask of Dier.

Last edited:

The red panther

princess transfer emo
Right. And to be fair being an inch taller at CDM isn't going to make that much of a difference. Daly's experience and familiarity with the defensive line will make up for the physicality.

No way we put in a bid for Dier. I'd overlooked Daly. Hell, if Tounzebe can play CDM...

CB...Bailly, Rojo, Smalling, Tounzebe (who I think is being groomed for CDM) and Jones

Daly Blind can do what they'd ask of Dier.
Ok I just need to say it is Tuanzebe and not Tounzebe and it is Daley not Daly and how can you overlook Lindelöf when naming our options for CB ?

Also Blind in the midfield is something I would rather not see happening to be honest. I don't want us to sign Dier but I sure as hell don't want us to play Blind there either.

xplatformjedi

Supports
Pittsburgh Steelers
Ok I just need to say it is Tuanzebe and not Tounzebe and it is Daley not Daly and how can you overlook Lindelöf when naming our options for CB ?

Also Blind in the midfield is something I would rather not see happening to be honest. I don't want us to sign Dier but I sure as hell don't want us to play Blind there either.

Sorry for the poor spellings. :)

Revan

Assumptionman
I read Glaston's WANT WANT WANT thread and now I want us desperately to sign Dier. Can I change the vote?

Nuts

Right. And to be fair being an inch taller at CDM isn't going to make that much of a difference. Daley's experience and familiarity with the defensive line will make up for the physicality.

No way we put in a bid for Dier. I'd overlooked Daley. Hell, if Tuanzebe can play CDM...

CB...Bailly, Rojo, Smalling, Tuanzebe (who I think is being groomed for CDM) and Jones

Daley Blind can do what they'd ask of Dier.
Mourinho doesn't like flexible players who can 'do a job' out of position.

No way he wants to play Blind in midfield, or Bailly at right back.

Same as he wouldn't play Dier as a centre back.

He makes a decision on a player and their position and sticks to it.

FujiVice

I love Dailly Blind, but he's not as good as Eric Dier in CM. Even Van Gaal saw that, and Van Gaal bought him.

RedStarUnited

Pique, by his own admission, decided to leave due to Rio and Vidic forming the best partnership in the prem. Sitting on the bench was beneath his ability so he left for Barca. Slightly different to Walker going to City for the money - there is simply no other reason why he would join that sty of a football club.

DDG didn't leave, but technically you're right. No doubt he pushed for a move to Real that summer. He's happy to stay now he's the highest paid GK on the planet.
Walker wasnt a guaranteed starter by the end of the season.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I know right, Blind is not needed at cb anymore and only a 2nd or 3rd choice at lb, He needs to be slotted in cdm Position as an option or he'll be just wasted. He offers the same dier would. Hope Mourinho Recognizes this.
Blind was played in central midfield in his first season with us, and he was quite disappointing. Now maybe it was just him adjusting to the Premiership and he'd be better in that role now, but it'd be dangerous going into a season on that hope.

Nick7

Blind was played in central midfield in his first season with us, and he was quite disappointing. Now maybe it was just him adjusting to the Premiership and he'd be better in that role now, but it'd be dangerous going into a season on that hope.
I don't know why people are still clinging to him being a midfielder. It's as if Blind gets better in midfield the longer he goes not playing there. Also saying him and Dier offer the same in midfield is still as funny as when that user first mentioned it. I don't think he's ever seen either play midfield.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
I would be quite happy with Dier but like many have said at £50 mil I dont think so but that is the prices in this transfer market.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
don't really understand why so many people are against the signing, has been one of the top 2 or 3 defensive midfielders in the league for last 3 years, could fit into a back 3 when Mourinho switches, good going forward but also disciplined, decent passer and takes a wicked free kick.......

Would be a great signing!!! doubt spurs will sell but if it happens i'll be jumping for joy!

Home&Away

This is also the same man that would prefer playing Wayne Rooney in midfield over Ander Herrera.
:lol::lol: still can't believe that shit
It's funny really. Half the forum is talking about José switching over to a 352 -

Yet not a single person talks about the fact that LVG started this at United.

Before anyone talks about other teams using it recently & us simply following suit, LVG bought this to a top 6 team first and showed stability (not flair) here in the PL.

Its ridiculous how so many people make fun of LVG. He played herrera more than enough, he stuck with Rooney because he was the captain & this was important because the way he was selling players and introducing young ones could not have happened if he dropped the captain.

William_Meredith

Supports
Swansea City
It's funny really. Half the forum is talking about José switching over to a 352 -

Before anyone talks about other teams using it recently & us simply following suit, LVG bought this to a top 6 team first and showed stability (not flair) here in the PL.

Its ridiculous how so many people make fun of LVG. He played herrera more than enough, he stuck with Rooney because he was the captain & this was important because the way he was selling players and introducing young ones could not have happened if he dropped the captain.
Jose is a man without criticism at present. If top 4 is not looking realistic in January he will be on his way out.

Oldyella

He stuck with Rooney when he was stinking the place up, sacrificing others so his captain could play, Herrera did not play enough, he signed players that didnt not fit into a 3 5 2, then proceeded to try and play 3 5 2, didnt have the courage of his convictions and moved away from it then when it didnt initially get results, He moved to many players on while giving too much game time to those who had no chance of making it at Utd.

Xeno

If we are after him, I think we're guaranteed to see a lot of 3-5-2, just because of his ability play CB/CDM. Otherwise, it makes no sense to prioritise him over a Matic/Bakayoko/Fabinho.

Without Possession:
Code:
               DDG
Valencia Bailly Dier Rojo Shaw
Mkhitaryan Herrera Pogba Martial
              Lukaku
Counter:
Code:
             DDG
       Bailly  Lindelof
 Valencia   Dier     Shaw
       Herrera  Pogba
Mkhi      Lukaku     Martial

Levy-nomics

Supports
Spurs
£60Mil + addons taking total fee to close to £70Mil will see Levy sell. At that price point that is simply insane and would be a extremely expensive and generous gift for Mourinho from Woodward.