Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 486 50.8%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 470 49.2%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

bosskeano

ffs...how lazy are these cvnts. Linking pretty much every prior player to ETH coming to United.

UDontMessWith24

I don’t agree that the current squad is all that bad. The best squad in the world will look poor if managed poorly. With two or three additions we should be all sorted.
Excellent point. If we’re to limit our absence from the CL to one season, it’ll be down to him getting the players that have already shown they can be top level players to get back to that. Fernandes, Rashford, Shaw, Sancho, van de Beek and Varane. Even players like Dalot and Lindelof to a lesser extent. Recruitment will obviously be huge but it won’t matter if the aforementioned players don’t rediscover their form.

Yakuza_devils

I really hope he can implement what he has done at Ajax here. Consistently punching above the weight with attacking football even vs giants of European football. I can't bear another season totally battered by City and liverpool whenever we meet.

He is the last manager after Klopp that consistently overachieved in European football with Dortmund. His Ajax was as exciting as Klopp's Dortmund. Liverpool strike jackpot with Klopp, City with Pep and hope we too strike jackpot with ETH.

AttackAttackAttack

Attack attack attack. Are you not entertained? That’s all I want at this point; we are in a dry spell and my standards have dropped. Cheers!

AndySmith1990

I don’t agree that the current squad is all that bad. The best squad in the world will look poor if managed poorly. With two or three additions we should be all sorted.
The two squads that are currently considered the best, required numerous additions over several transfer windows to reach that level. Klopp certainly didn't come in and suddenly with better coaching Lovren became world class. I'm starting to see more and more people trying to convince themselves (and others) that all this squad needs is some proper coaching, which I suppose is true when it comes to playing like an actual team. But you still need a squad full of high quality players who fit the style in order to be among the best. We're going to fall short of competing with the very best until we can upgrade half this squad.

Elcabron

The two squads that are currently considered the best, required numerous additions over several transfer windows to reach that level. Klopp certainly didn't come in and suddenly with better coaching Lovren became world class. I'm starting to see more and more people trying to convince themselves (and others) that all this squad needs is some proper coaching, which I suppose is true when it comes to playing like an actual team. But you still need a squad full of high quality players who fit the style in order to be among the best. We're going to fall short of competing with the very best until we can upgrade half this squad.
Correct and if we dont buy two midfielders, it won't matter who the coach is. We also need a right back and a forward (not an exhaustive list).

That said, if he can get Varane, Maguire, Bruno, Shaw, Sancho and Rashford back playing their best football, it will really help. Those six players along with three or four quality signings, add Ronaldo and DdG into the mix and we really should be getting 80 points. Some further signings then next summer to take us to the next level.

Signings in midfield are absaloutely key however.

TsuWave

Not looking good guys.

Luis Enrique will hopefully still be interested and available come next season

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

Not looking good guys.

Luis Enrique will hopefully still be interested and available come next season
The tweet doesn't say ETH gave good feedback. It says ETH RECEIVED good feedback on him.

LuckyScout78

If he believe more in WE than I. Then it will rise his chance to succeed. Ours ego think they can do and achieve everything. But the truth is...we are so depent on so so much ingredients and factors.

Like when he first bought Sebastien Haller. He has to know he has to buy Tadic magic precise left foot. To feed and serve Haller with precise crosser and assist passes. In volleyball world. Every good smash needs a perfect set up.
A smash guy + a set up guy = 2 guys = we = not I , I and I

We = get all the best ingredients to make the best meal. Because ingredients = many = we and not only you need one ingredient.

The basic of everything. Existence. Success is an short exsitence too. And it have reasons and ingredients lead to it.

So if Ten Hag get this. He and United will rise theirs chances. Dont let ours ego taking over.

Red For Ever

It doesn't surprise me, our transfer targets this summer are going to be who ten Hag has worked with mostly to give him a head start in implementing his style.
Your right, ultimately some may be upgraded in the future, but a small number of players he knows will be committed and who know what they are doing
in his preferred system will speed up the transition into a team we want to watch.

Elcabron

He’s been wearing the same suit for 2 weeks. Worrying signs.
Agreed, it is worrying as it suggests he will favour certain players just like he is favouring this suit.

On the flip side, wearing this suit repeatedly, could be a sign that he will take a frugal approach to signings and therefore will not waste a lot of money on players.

Finally, it could also be symptomatic of an individual who tends to stick to what he knows, possibly has other suits but struggles to pick his best suit. He could be indecisive but I'm not so sure.

SER19

Hypothetical based on players linked and budget. If we signed Timber, De Jong and Anthony and welcomed back Garner and Van De Beek, would that be enough to be competitive again ie top 4 and look like a football team.

Don't even know if Timber would start but let's say he did

De Gea

Dalot
Varane
Timber
Shaw

Fred
De Jong
Fernandes

Antony
Ronaldo
Sancho

Sub: gk, maguire, lindelof, mctominay, Garner, vdb, elanga, rashford, youth?

Certainly looks fresher but my god it emphasises just how much we need and how 120m won't be enough

Cathy Ferguson

Hypothetical based on players linked and budget. If we signed Timber, De Jong and Anthony and welcomed back Garner and Van De Beek, would that be enough to be competitive again ie top 4 and look like a football team.

Don't even know if Timber would start but let's say he did

De Gea

Dalot
Varane
Timber
Shaw

Fred
De Jong
Fernandes

Antony
Ronaldo
Sancho

Sub: gk, maguire, lindelof, mctominay, Garner, vdb, elanga, rashford, youth?

Certainly looks fresher but my god it emphasises just how much we need and how 120m won't be enough
Timber at RB and a decent physical CM to replace Fred and that is a decent team.

NLunited

FDJ and Timber would be great. Timber can play right back as well. I feel we also need another striker to back up Ronaldo.

Will take several seasons to sort the squad out, with the right quality.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Look at the movement of all the players.. I swear we have 11 statues.
That's the thing i'm most excited about him fixing.

We are so static, there's no way in hell he will stand for that. Whether it's a fitness issue or a lack of realising that's what you need to do, either way he will put that right i'm sure.