Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 485 50.9%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 468 49.1%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Gottabekiddingme

There's nothing special in the Ajax clip if you're a top team. We're starving so bad we're amazed at teams building from the back :lol:

croadyman

Hypothetical based on players linked and budget. If we signed Timber, De Jong and Anthony and welcomed back Garner and Van De Beek, would that be enough to be competitive again ie top 4 and look like a football team.

Don't even know if Timber would start but let's say he did

De Gea

Dalot
Varane
Timber
Shaw

Fred
De Jong
Fernandes

Antony
Ronaldo
Sancho

Sub: gk, maguire, lindelof, mctominay, Garner, vdb, elanga, rashford, youth?

Certainly looks fresher but my god it emphasises just how much we need and how 120m won't be enough
Midfield still badly needs a sitting DM in order for De Jong to flourish in that roaming role

croadyman

Really hoping it's true that he's keeping some targets this summer totally under wraps, fingers crossed it's the holding DM we are all craving.

Nicolarra90

He can't even change his suit for over a week and you are expencting him to change us? :mad::mad: Sack ETH, sell Garnocho.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Really hoping it's true that he's keeping some targets this summer totally under wraps, fingers crossed it's the holding DM we are all craving.
Will ETH's system require a specialized DM like with a Jose or Ole's system? Everyone chips in/rotates sort of system?

MrSingh2002

Definitely the least I've been excited about an appointment.

Not because he's not a good coach but because he's let Rangnick leave and thinks he can get something out of this squad.

The Glazers win again. Leaked how many b.s stories last week so that when they allow Rangnick to leave the fans don't kick off.

The owners are a disgrace.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

Not because he's not a good coach but because he's let Rangnick leave and thinks he can get something out of this squad.

The Glazers win again. Leaked how many b.s stories last week so that when they allow Rangnick to leave the fans don't kick off.

How does Rangnick not getting appointed as a consultant become a win for the Glazers? It's probably be a Arnold/Murtogh/ETH decision. I doubt if the Glazers would micro-manage Arnold.

You can blame the Glazers for a lot of things -- but not opening the cheque book isn't one of them. And I doubt if not retaining Rangnick is either.

AussieDevil

I’d hope he could get something out of this squad. This squad consists of De Gea, Varane, Bruno, Ronaldo, Sancho. And that’s before you even get to the likes of Shaw and Rashford who have shown good moments for the club.

Obviously we will add 3-4 players, but if our coach can’t improve players then whats the point.

Idxomer

You were more excited about Moyes and Ole?

Partridge

I don’t get the negative reaction?, didn’t we want a hands on coach to improve players?
Some people will never be happy. Various bs reasons. "He's too bold",
"Reminds of Patrick Stuart..do not want" or whatever crap. If he can 'do a fergie' with some of this dross, we might be surprised. Might.

Eddy_JukeZ

He's not going to publicly slag the players.

Rangnick leaving was a mutual decision. Some of you have hyped him up to the heavens. We don't need Rangnick to build a good squad.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He's not going to publicly slag the players.

Rangnick leaving was a mutual decision. Some of you have hyped him up to the heavens. We don't need Rangnick to build a good squad.
Working 6 days a month, he would have built awesome squad. People moan as if we sacked DoF or our most successful manager.

Eddy_JukeZ

Working 6 days a month, he would have built awesome squad. People moan as if we sacked DoF or our most successful manager.
I mean the meltdown on here over him leaving is insane.

For all the good work he's done in his career, he's never worked at a top top club before.

Him leaving is a non-story honestly.

Tarrou

he's not gonna come in and say otherwise because he has to work with them

this being the reason you're not excited is silly mate, it's literally the only possible thing he could say.. or do

he can add 3/4 names this summer and that's it

going scorched earth is not gonna work as was proved spectacularly by Rangnick

BarstoolProphet

Yet City announced Haaland a month ago..
Ffs, Team Haaland toured Europe a year ago while still having two years left on his Dortmund contract. City have been working on that transfer since, also he had a release clause and he wanted to sort this quickly, so you can't really compare to any player we are interested in.

Slysi17

You struggle to read. I don't know if you have seen Shaw, Rooney and Hazard currently/recently. They continue to gain.

Ronaldo is well known for his insane diet and thus good feeding habits.
mate you can still be slim no matter what you eat. I am 31 and no matter what I eat I still stay slim. Doesn't matter if its McDonald or whatever.

roonster09

Scout
I mean the meltdown on here over him leaving is insane.

For all the good work he's done in his career, he's never worked at a top top club before.

Him leaving is a non-story honestly.
Looks like people worship managers/coaches who shits on players in media and doubts managers who speaks positively about players. I mean Rangnick loses nothing by criticizing everyone in his PC, ETH is long term manager who will be working with these players, at least most of them. We can't change entire squad in one window, so he will obviously say positive words about his squad .

Somehow people think ETH has full trust on these players and Rangnick is the only honest guy.

roonster09

Scout
How does Rangnick not getting appointed as a consultant become a win for the Glazers? It's probably be a Arnold/Murtogh/ETH decision. I doubt if the Glazers would micro-manage Arnold.

You can blame the Glazers for a lot of things -- but not opening the cheque book isn't one of them. And I doubt if not retaining Rangnick is either.
Also Rangnick was good with building squad on low transfer fee and wages, if anything it's a loss to Glazers. He always said he wants to sign players before their big contracts, so his methods was signing young players and then sell them for decent money. Not sure how sacking RR is win for Glazers.

Barnslig

Not looking good guys.

Luis Enrique will hopefully still be interested and available come next season
Why not? Fans in here been whining for the last decade that no player has improved under any of our managers. ETH seems to be a very detail oriented manager that focuses on giving youth a chance. Why wouldn't Dalot have a chance to improve under a progressive manager with specific ideas and/or specific jobs he could do for us.

What's the point of changing a manager to get more out of the players, if everyone is convinced no player can improve anyway?

UpWithRivers

Looks like people worship managers/coaches who shits on players in media and doubts managers who speaks positively about players. I mean Rangnick loses nothing by criticizing everyone in his PC, ETH is long term manager who will be working with these players, at least most of them. We can't change entire squad in one window, so he will obviously say positive words about his squad .

Somehow people think ETH has full trust on these players and Rangnick is the only honest guy.
Exactly. Bring back Ole. I cant believe how hurtsies these players are from the truthsey bombs. Maybe we should let mummies attend training to deal with the boo boos. Its going to take lot of sparkles and happy songs to get them right for next season

roonster09

Scout
Exactly. Bring back Ole. I cant believe how hurtsies these players are from the truthsey bombs. Maybe we should let mummies attend training to deal with the boo boos. Its going to take lot of sparkles and happy songs to get them right for next season
Truth bombs? What exactly are these truth bombs, did the manager ever drop a truth bomb on themselves saying how shit they are? It's so convenient for these managers to shit on players, taking 0 responsibilities on them or their coaching staff.

I don't know what fantasy world most of you live in, but in real world manager always tries to build a good relationship with players, instead of declaring everyone is shit in his first PC. What he does might be completely different but that doesn't mean everyone would be moron like Rangnick in PC.

Do we have strong squad? No;.
Do we good players who underperformed? Yes.
Do we have same squad? No, many have already left on free transfer.

UpWithRivers

Truth bombs? What exactly are these truth bombs, did the manager ever drop a truth bomb on themselves saying how shit they are?

I don't know what fantasy world most of you live in, but in real world manager always tries to build a good relationship with players, instead of declaring everyone is shit in his first PC. What he does might be completely different but that doesn't mean everyone would be moron like Rangnick in PC.
What did he lie about? And yes he said him and his team were not good enough and couldnt find the balance etc
And yes a manager builds relationships etc - but not when they are downing tools and fighting and hitting their girlfriend and causing all out war. At that point you tell them some truths. Why is that hard to understand? Your argument lacks context. The aresholes are burning down the building, shitting on the statues and smashing windows and you are blaming the person shouting at them to stop. Oh you could have said it privately and in a nice tone.

Last edited:

roonster09

Scout
What did he lie about?
I don't know, I don't remember his self serving, reputation protecting press conferences. This guy even tried to spin Klopp's genius into his brilliance, "see Klopp has x number of my players, thats why they are doing well", this guy is worse than Jose.

I'm asking you what are these truth bombs, all I saw was he did everything to protect his reputation. Him saying we need lot of players is not some truth bomb, that's something everyone knows as we have lot of players who are leaving on free transfers and few players who want to leave because of lack of opportunities.

Real Name

What should he do, bin the entire squad?

You're the least excited cause he thinks he can get something out of the squad. That's what managers do, asses the squad, conclude which players they can work with and get something out of it along with incomers of course. This thing about the whole squad being shit is silly.

UpWithRivers

I don't know, I don't remember his self serving, reputation protecting press conferences. This guy even tried to spin Klopp's genius into his brilliance, "see Klopp has x number of my players, thats why they are doing well", this guy is worse than Jose.

I'm asking you what are these truth bombs, all I saw was he did everything to protect his reputation. Him saying we need lot of players is not some truth bomb, that's something everyone knows as we have lot of players who are leaving on free transfers and few players who want to leave because of lack of opportunities.
He was asked a question and answered it. Thats not bigging himself up. Thats just answering a question. And it was true what he said. We need a lot of players - is that not true? Show me the lie? I cant believe people. He literally sits at a conference to answer questions.

How many players do we need? A lot. - FK RANGNICK! ATTACKING PLAYERS. SELF SERVING. WHATS WRONG WITH THE PLAYERS WE HAVE!!!! AHHHHHH.
I mean its nuts!! What do you want him to say? Oh we have great players. I love them all. The best players let me tell you. I dont think we need many. These are true winners in there. What went wrong this season is not their fault. The Ole way. I guess some fans still pine for Ole

Last edited:

roonster09

Scout
He was asked a question and answered it. Thats not bigging himself up. Thats just answering a question. And it was true what he said. We need a lot of players - is that not true? Show me the lie?
Show me the post where I said Rangnick lied. I said these truth bombs are to protect himself, where are the truth bombs on his shit coaching and his shit coaches? Saying we need

Below quote is also not a lie but this sums up Rangnick, takes 0 responsibility for failures and always there to take credit of someone else's work.

"I didn't say how much influence I had on those players but it's pretty obvious a big club like Liverpool, one of the best clubs in Europe, have six former players. It's probably the highest number of players that nobody knew by the time we gave them debuts."
"This has got to do with a similar idea of football. Jurgen and me have known each other for a long time, I know how he wants to play, having six players from former clubs of mine is not a coincidence."

frostbite

He was asked a question and answered it. Thats not bigging himself up. Thats just answering a question. And it was true what he said. We need a lot of players - is that not true? Show me the lie?
Look at it another way. What did RR bring to the table? For a team to win, many people contribute. I don't think RR contributed anything, if we had a random PL manager, say Allardyce, he'd offer more actually. So, why are you asking "show me the lie"? We don't blame him for being a liar, we blame him for being a useless manager who offered absolutely nothing to United.

UpWithRivers

Show me the post where I said Rangnick lied. I said these truth bombs are to protect himself, where are the truth bombs on his shit coaching and his shit coaches? Saying we need

Below quote is also not a lie but this sums up Rangnick, takes 0 responsibility for failures and always there to take credit of someone else's work.

"I didn't say how much influence I had on those players but it's pretty obvious a big club like Liverpool, one of the best clubs in Europe, have six former players. It's probably the highest number of players that nobody knew by the time we gave them debuts."
"This has got to do with a similar idea of football. Jurgen and me have known each other for a long time, I know how he wants to play, having six players from former clubs of mine is not a coincidence."
You said - Truth bombs? What exactly are these truth bombs. That implies it wasn't the truth so therefore lying.

That quote also lacks context. We we're playing Liverpool and he was asked why Klopp was good or something like that. He said its because the have similar philosophies etc. Thats him answering the question. Its probably true. Or should he have made something else up?

UpWithRivers

Look at it another way. What did RR bring to the table? For a team to win, many people contribute. I don't think RR contributed anything, if we had a random PL manager, say Allardyce, he'd offer more actually. So, why are you asking "show me the lie"? We don't blame him for being a liar, we blame him for being a useless manager who offered absolutely nothing to United.
This I agree with. He was a sht manager. Facts prove it. But what did anyone contribute to the season? They all fkd up and I would argue that most of the fk ups were elsewhere than Ralf. So why are we scapegoating him? He was already not in his position. He was already not manager. He was a consultant. He wouldnt talk to the media. So where is the problem?

roonster09

Scout
You said - Truth bombs? What exactly are these truth bombs. That implies it wasn't the truth so therefore lying.

That quote also lacks context. We we're playing Liverpool and he was asked why Klopp was good or something like that. He said its because the have similar philosophies etc. Thats him answering the question. Its probably true. Or should he have made something else up?
No, it implies what are those truth bombs.

Lacks context? The guy is taking credit for Klopp's work, how does it matter if its before Liverpool game. They dont have similar philosophies, they have few similarities and Klopp has evolved as a coach, one more truth bomb where he wants to tag himself with best coaches.