Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 477 50.4%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 469 49.6%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

redcucumber

First para is just a tad too much conjecture to make this point. Can appreciate the attempt at optimism but based on what we know it's easy to deduce this isn't likely to be the case. We already know Darwin Nunez would have been out first transfer if he didn't choose Liverpool. We also know ETH resumed early and wanted the deals done before report of preseason. Gating the entire summer business on one transfer goes against what has already played out. Timber as well could have been here before FDJ if not for LVG.

Most importantly putting a pause on other transfers till the one gets done would be a suicide strategy. The club isn't stupid, no transfer is guaranteed. It wont put all its eggs into the one basket that may never even matetialise. Can't say the growing concern isn't justified only to offer up conjecture that wouldn't just be illogical in its application but also one that would just make the club look even worse.
Liverpool outbid us for Darwin Nunez, by a significant amount. They paid far more than we were willing to - it was well reported.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
I know that you’re not correct by the simple fact that we have offered to Eriksen at the same time as negotiations for FDJ are in. That is by my calculations more than 1.

you’re also dismissive of loads of phone calls and meetings I see. So am i to conclude that you think they sit with the feet up listening to summer tunes for the rest of the time?
Not to mention it's been widely reported that we've been talking to Ajax about Antony and most likely Timber (earlier in the window) and Martinez too.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
Are people really debating whether eating together is

This isn't the corporate world. It's a football team. The more the players interact, the more they build team spirit which is needed on the pitch.
Even in the corporate world they spend a ton on team building exercises and events...

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
"players are unhappy being asked to stay until after 4 arguing that they've missed optimal photosynthesis hours"

Chairman Steve

I hope Ten Hag doesnt go home crying, having seen the levels of some of the squad. Chin up Erik, chin up!
‘Erik ten Hag, get that head of yours up immediately’ said a voice from the training pitch
’Was that you, Marcus?’
’Yes gaffer’
’Whats with the earpiece and why is your PR entourage over there in the bushes?’

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Was good to see Tony Martial at OT again. He even cracked a smile.

honirelandboy

Spoiler - Martial is going to be our player of the year under Ten Hag. You've heard it here first. I fully expect him to get the best out of Martial, have a good relationship with him and turn him into a top player.