g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Should ETH be kept on or fired by INEOS

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Exactly. The 'support' is nothing remotely close to the toxic mentalists who attacked people in packs to defend Jose/Ole.
You must have missed it at the start of last season and this season. The fact the staff have changed b0ld fraud to pep guardiola is my idol, the closing of most anti-ETH threads up until recently. He has a massive **** on here, worse than Ole.

Robbie Boy

You must have missed it at the start of last season and this season. The fact the staff have changed b0ld fraud to pep guardiola is my idol, the closing of most anti-ETH threads up until recently. He has a massive **** on here, worse than Ole.
Worse than Ole :lol: :lol:

Ole was worse than Jose ffs.

Shinjch

Sacking the manager will not be the silver bullet to fixing the issues at the club or in the team. Too many of the supporter base aren't prepared to go through what is needed to get the club back on proper footing, be that with this manager or another one.

Chumpsbechumps

Fans deserve misery because they are stupid, impatient and unrealistic.
It’s too easy to blame the manager and get rid when we’ve seen this time and time again from these players.
If they can’t or won’t perform the way the manager is asking them to then they need shipping out and replacing with those who will.
Erik has made mistakes, of course he has but I’d argue he hasn’t been under performing, if anything he has over-performed relative to our situation when he took over and the absolute mountain of shite he’s had to deal with since.
We will never get anywhere meaningful if we don’t build something first. This club has been torn down to bare bones by the absolute incompetence of our hierarchy, and needs building up again - just like Arsenal, and the Arteta project is now starting to come good and look like bearing fruit, after a rocky start. I just think we have to ride out this rough patch and help Erik to build, but most want to rip it all up and start yet again - and if we do what we’ve always done we will get what we’ve always got - misery heaped upon failure and it will be deserved.
Sacking the manager will not be the silver bullet to fixing the issues at the club or in the team. Too many of the supporter base aren't prepared to go through what is needed to get the club back on proper footing, be that with this manager or another one.
Very good points.

Made me think of Emre at Arsenal and now look at him at Villa. Arteta would have failed at that poorly run Arsenal l.

I think a lot of fans can’t understand how a team can under perform without blaming a manager, it’s literally their goto thing.

crossy1686

career ending
I was warned at the end of last season for complaining about our style of play and the in game management because ‘no one wanted to hear it’

Alan Brazil

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
So arrogant. What are you on about? Do tell? What do the supporters need to go through or is it that they just see plain as day what is in front of their eyes on the pitch?

Robbie Boy

:lol: Really? That’s mental.
Do you not remember all the warnings for negativity? You had to toe the line back then with your critique. I brought this up the other day and a mod informed me that they ditched the warnings for overly negative posts.

crossy1686

career ending
Do you not remember all the warnings for negativity? You had to toe the line back then with your critique. I bright this up the other day and a mod informed me that they ditched the warnings for overly negative posts.
That’s right! I remember the warnings for constant negative posting.

:lol: Imagine complaining about Ole was the thing that got you banned…

Baneofthegame

Very good points.

Made me think of Emre at Arsenal and now look at him at Villa. Arteta would have failed at that poorly run Arsenal l.

I think a lot of fans can’t understand how a team can under perform without blaming a manager, it’s literally their goto thing.
Good point to be fair.

Robbie Boy

Go back to any of the main Ole threads, have a look through the posters and you'll see for yourself. I had a gander back at an Ole thread the other day and it was a toxic fecking mess. In one instance, a poster complained about a match we had won saying we played shite, within 2 pages he had 7 people quoting him tearing him to shreds.

Hate ETH all you like, but the receipts are all there in the Jose and Ole threads. Ole's era was actually the most toxic and divisive on here by far.

The Mitcher

Go back to any of the main Ole threads, have a look through the posters and you'll see for yourself. I had a gander back at an Ole thread the other day and it was a toxic fecking mess. In one instance, a poster compliment about a match we had won saying we played shite, within 2 pages he had 7 people quoting him tearing him to shreds.

Hate ETH all you like, but the receipts are all there in the Jose and Ole threads. Ole's era was actually the most toxic and divisive on here by far.
At least give examples as to who got banned for criticising Ole, rather than dogpiled.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I've literally just heard Gary's interview and he's probably the first pundit to make a good comparison between Eth and De Zirbi / Ange. Erik ten Hag is incapable of imposing any meaningful ideas with this team. People are saying give him time but for what ? This isn't Arteta, the manager has used sound bites to describe what he wants to do but the application of that said intention has shown nothing in the way of materialisation. It's like saying my neighbour wants to become the next prime minister.
Correct me if I'm wrong but the only two major tactical quotes we've had from Haggy are 1. we want to be the best transition team (something we were already way better at under Ole, honestly), and 2. He can't make us play like Ajax.

Other than that -- it all feels like fan-led hopes and pining, honestly.

Robbie Boy

At least give examples as to who got banned for criticising Ole, rather than dogpiled.
I apologise that I don't know the names off hand. Go back and have a look...

As @crossy1686 just agreed with, it was a different time back then as posters were warned constantly for being overly negative.

Anyhow, you're shifting the goalposts here. You said ETH has a worse **** than any other manager which is bollox. Go back to any Ole/Jose thread and you'll see what a **** is. We had a poster from Norway sign up under multiple accounts to defend Ole ffs. People can come in here, critique away and barely get quoted. Back then, you were literally attacked for pointing out that Ole isn't good enough. It is what it is. The receipts are all there. Oh, let's not forget wankers like Sammsky who constantly stirred up shite. Crazy times.

saivet

Those tweets say nothing much about this squad. Moyes had a totally different team, out of the LVG team only Shaw has remained. I could go on. Almost like the managers are awful.
It's simply football. Underperforming managers inevitably lose the dressing room. Some United fans need to stop deluding themselves into thinking that the players are the common denominator despite every manager clearing out the squad and bringing in their own players. Moyes was the only one that didn't have a clear out and he took over a team of champions, yet his squad was deemed as toxic too. The structure at the top needs to change to stop the inherent rot of bad footballing decisions being made (that applies to both signing and managerial appointments).

Put it this way, get rid of Pep or Klopp and appoint a shite manager, things will go to pot and players will kick off.

The Mitcher

I apologise that I don't know the names off hand. Go back and have a look...

As @crossy1686 just agreed with, it was a different time back then as posters were warned constantly for being overly negative.

Anyhow, you're shifting the goalposts here. You said ETH has a worse **** than any other manager which is bollox. Go back to any Ole/Jose thread and you'll see what a **** is. We had a poster from Norway sign up under multiple accounts to defend Ole ffs. People can come in here, critique away and barely get quoted. Back then, you were literally attacked for pointing out that Ole isn't good enough. It is what it is. The receipts are all there. Oh, let's not forget wankers like Sammsky who constantly stirred up shite. Crazy times.
It's not up to me when the burden of proof is on you who made the positive claim.

ti vu

I hope it's just guess work. If it's indeed leak from the club, it only shows the incompetency of all level of management at the club including ETH. Mourinho, Ole, Rangnick were lessons regarding Martial and Rashford, that got ignored. Then there is no excuse.

Robbie Boy

It's not up to me when the burden of proof is on you who made the positive claim.
Ok, so forget about the banning comment you're obsessing over.

The burden of proof is on you to prove that ETH has a bigger **** than Jose/Ole. Now, go back through their threads and tell me you actually believe this. Your hatred of ETH is so rabid that you feel the need to exaggerate for effect. Just say you hate ETH, want him out and leave it at that.

Last edited:

crossy1686

career ending
I hope it's just guess work. If it's indeed leak from the club, it only shows the incompetency of all level of management at the club including ETH. Mourinho, Ole, Rangnick were lessons regarding Martial and Rashford, that got ignored. Then there is no excuse.
It’s the MEN so I’d take it with a pinch of salt but the quotes sound like the stuff we’re already hearing with added witch hunt for a laugh.

The Mitcher

It's simply football. Underperforming managers inevitably lose the dressing room. Some United fans need to stop deluding themselves into thinking that the players are the common denominator despite every manager clearing out the squad and bringing in their own players. Moyes was the only one that didn't have a clear out and he took over a team of champions, yet his squad was deemed as toxic too. The structure at the top needs to change to stop the inherent rot of bad footballing decisions being made (that applies to both signing and managerial appointments).

Put it this way, get rid of Pep or Klopp and appoint a shite manager, things will go to pot and players will kick off.
I agree with your post, but not quite with the bold. At the time no one thought that, but definitely in hindsight as this narrative around toxic shite players developed after Rangnick weaponized the fans against the team.

Laurencio

Unsurprising on both accounts. Hojlund is signed for what he can become, not what he is, and Martial is what he always has been. It was blatantly obvious we needed an experienced striker in addition to Hojlund, and to get rid of Martial. No one can be surprised by this.

AndySmith1990

I bet whenever LVG, Jose, Rangnick, and certain ex players notice snippets of news coming out about the issues at the club, they all have a little chuckle to themselves having seen it themselves first hand. I'd say Solskjaer too, but he loves the club and probably finds it all as sad and depressing as the rest of us.
I'm not implying they are blameless, far from it, just insinuating the club must be proper rotten and toxic at all levels for this to happen continuously.

Oranges038

Those tweets say nothing much about this squad. Moyes had a totally different team, out of the LVG team only Shaw has remained. I could go on. Almost like the managers are awful.
Shaw wasn't even a LVG signing, Martial and Rashford were brought into the squad under his watch too.

saivet

I agree with your post, but not quite with the bold. At the time no one thought that, but definitely in hindsight as this narrative around toxic shite players developed after Rangnick weaponized the fans against the team.
That's true - I think the criticism was levelled at Moyes rather than the players. Criticism towards the players was more that they were past it.

Robbie Boy

I'm surprised all of a sudden so many seen to think we have a fabulous squad of players. A large proportion didn't even have us down as making top 4 last season.

RuudTom83

This season is so tiresome, I've become numb to the constant negativity.

Just watch the games and ignore the endless drivel that's spewed out in the media.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It doesn’t matter which manager has had the most negativity post Fergie, talks of cults and nonsense like this takes away from the actual issue which is that Ten Hag has taken us backward this season. His signings have been ineffective/poor and we don’t have a consistent style of play implemented. The football structure probably does need updating, but we need a top class football manager like City and Liverpool have, if we had Pep or Klopp we’d be miles better off as much as it pains me to admit it.

crossy1686

career ending
I'm surprised all of a sudden so many seen to think we have a fabulous squad of players. A large proportion didn't even have us down as making top 4 last season.
The squad isn’t great for sure but there were threads in the summer talking about how we only needed Kane to compete for the league. People seem to be very fickle when assessing the current squads ability.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
This season is so tiresome, I've become numb to the constant negativity.

Just watch the games and ignore the endless drivel that's spewed out in the media.
Have the games done much to stem any feelings of negativity? I've never seen us have such a level of certainty to play poorly.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
It's not great, but it's definitely better than what it currently shows. Better performances have to be possible for this squad.

Robbie Boy

The squad isn’t great for sure but there were threads in the summer talking about how we only needed Kane to compete for the league. People seem to be very fickle when assessing the current squads ability.
Fair. But I've thought it's been poor for a long while now, which has been compounded by further poor signings.