Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

How many of you would be prepared to give ETH 1 more full season to prove himself?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ross Drennan

I think the sheer lack of patience and expectation with alot of fans although unsurprising is abit naive. The expectation for us to go out an sign 4-5 world class signings an challenge (even for top4) is a little bit hopeful in my opinion.

I think this season should be looked at as more of a 'reset' rather than a rebuild and challenge. The past 10 years we have done everything wrong starting from the top. The people who have been let go from the scouting department to playing staff up to now was needed, if anything more of the players need to be let go to further allow a reset to happen. Going for some Ajax players although underwhelming is also wise to bring the mentality an culture that Ten Hag wants to implement straight away.

Even if we finished 9th this season I would rather we do that using academy players / underwhelming signings who fit the mould where needed to allow us to do the research an let upstairs and ten hag get on the same page to not go out an buy the wrong players to start a cycle allover again. If we land Frankie then it would be incredible, but if we don't what we don't need to do is panic buy someone that we don't need.

Everyone needs to give Ten the time an patience which is needed for the process rather than expect the success we have had in the past.

Patience people

Reactions: Cheimoon

flameinthesun

completely off topic.....why the feck do Twitter add a video play button to a link that is actually never going to play a video? By adding a button you are actually driving content users away from your site :houllier:
Drives me nuts, false advertising

buckooo1978

I'm really not seeing the Hype with Spurs' window, Perisic is a good player. Bissouma, good player, Richarlison is painfully average and Lenglet is poor.

They've hardly improved there first 11, They'll be better because they'll have had a full pre season under Conte but, We'll be better with a full pre season with Ten Hag.
I'd disagree with you on your ratings of those players.

with 5 subs this year squad options like those will be very valuable.

Tavern in the town

I'm really not seeing the Hype with Spurs' window, Perisic is a good player. Bissouma, good player, Richarlison is painfully average and Lenglet is poor.

They've hardly improved there first 11, They'll be better because they'll have had a full pre season under Conte but, We'll be better with a full pre season with Ten Hag.
I don’t think anyone they’ve signed is particularly amazing, but it’s more the fact that Conte is usually very good at knowing who he needs. [Irrelevant point] and David Luiz for example were hardly world beaters but they both fit his teams like a glove and contributed to a title winning side. He will know exactly how to use the players they’ve brought in.

Blood Mage

So frustrating that we've finally got the right man in charge and we go and feck up his first transfer window. I'll be furious if he takes the fall for the inevitably difficult season that lies ahead of us due to the incompetence of our recruitment team and board.

The season could already be a write off in terms of trophies or top four, but I'm still looking forward to seeing how he gets us playing.

LuckyScout78

The positive for Ten Hag in his first season is. No one shall expect him to win premier league in his first season with United. Compare to Klopp, Pep, Tuchel and Conte. Managers that have higher expectations.

Ten Hag minimum goal this season with United is top 4 and champion league spot next season. And its two way to get it. Top 4 in premier league or winning UEFA league.

Ten Hag was taking over a struggling United from last season. So it will take time to steady the ship and lead in on the right direction and destination again.
A realistic person or media cannot expect premier league title in his first season. So Ten Hag will have a season to drill and train his United squad to get use and play the way he want it.

So it's the positive for him and United in his first season in charge for United. Working as a underdog and not favourite to get top 3/4. Then might surprise peoples. Instead go into his first season with full expectation to battle for premier league title and full of high expectations.

In the end. The clubs battling for top 4 this season might get even stronger. Like Arsenal. Plus Spurs getting stronger and Chelsea might will strength theirs squad more later in this transfer window.

And i believe. In Ten Hag. United first time get a manager/head coach who are on his way up the career. Just get bought from a champion team in the domestic league and was in charge for a really good team in Ajax. With many really good football players.
And Ten Hag is definitely a really good coach. In the way of coaching and develop his players to become better football players.
Give him at least full two season. In 2 years. I think and believe most of United players will develop to become and reach a higher level of football players. Both collective and individual.
Because you can easily how dedicate, passion and a high willing to coach, drill and develop his players to become better players.
The first manager/head coach post Sir Alex that give me highest confidence and believe. Most suit head coach and manager for United i believe. At the time United hired and appointed him.

Tavern in the town

So frustrating that we've finally got the right man in charge and we go and feck up his first transfer window. I'll be furious if he takes the fall for the inevitably difficult season that lies ahead of us due to the incompetence of our recruitment team and board.

The season could already be a write off in terms of trophies or top four, but I'm still looking forward to seeing how he gets us playing.
How have we fecked up the transfer window for him? It’s hardly the club’s fault that his main target is the subject of a salary dispute, or that Ajax have seemingly rejected us meeting their asking price for Martinez, or that Timber wants guaranteed first team football.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
How have we fecked up the transfer window for him? It’s hardly the club’s fault that his main target is the subject of a salary dispute, or that Ajax have seemingly rejected us meeting their asking price for Martinez, or that Timber wants guaranteed first team football.
Excuses excuses

TheReligion

Abusive

Fecked up the window? There’s 2 months to go! Please just stop.

Agree with you. The clubs doing nothing wrong. We need to judge it at the close of play and see what we have. EtH wanted Malacia and Eriksen. Club has got them in.

Excuses excuses
It’s not though is it? Just facts

WirralRed

I really like the way he talks about being proactive, both on the ball and off it. Would be great to watch a United team are good to watch off the ball as well as on it, it’s been a while.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Looking at the photo again, not many player commit to that photo shot.
Maybe Ten Hag is testing them, like a shit version of Saw.

"Hi, how are you? I want to play a game, heh heh. For years you've focused more on yourself than your team, heh heh. Inside your neck is a small explosive charge that will go off unless you wear these shit clothes. Heh heh."

studs

Maybe Ten Hag is testing them, like a shit version of Saw.

"Hi, how are you? I want to play a game, heh heh. For years you've focused more on yourself than your team, heh heh. Inside your neck is a small explosive charge that will go off unless you wear these shit clothes. Heh heh."
Well the tour is about representing the team and if your not committed heads must roll.

Wezzaldo

Philosophy :drool:

I really want him to succeed and I hope he’s given patience and huge support especially from us fans. Very likeable dude.
Pretty good interview for someone that was reported not to speak English. A reminder of how media is 90% bull.

TheReligion

Abusive
How dare you even think that? Still, I’m quite sure no-one is going to give any weight to my verdict on fashion or style.
Each to their own. I just think it’s a very standard, basic smart casual outfit so found it bizarre several posters found the need to whinge about it.

OrcaFat

Each to their own. I just think it’s a very standard, basic smart casual outfit so found it bizarre several posters found the need to whinge about it.
I wouldn’t know what’s standard or what isn’t; I’m not up with the latest trends. I couldn’t care less what they wear, I was merely remarking what a bunch of tits they looked; I expected a chorus of agreement but, hey.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I like the new gaffer a lot
not 1 mention of passion, desire, belief, fans sucking the ball into the net etc.

I love that they’ve noticed he’s already taking people aside and talking to them, helping show where he thinks they can improve etc.

if the players buy into Erik like they should, we are onto something.

croadyman

He may well need to start thinking about a different midfield setup without De Jong, well you would hope that he's already got something in mind because the longer this goes more it seems he is going to stay at Barca and we have been totally played

CarbonStoolBites

Moyes tried to turn us into Everton, ETH is trying to turn us into Ajax.

Kidding aside, he’s awesome, I like him already.
We have a top coach, and I think a lot of transfer muppets are going to realize what a difference top coaching can make.
Man, I hope he gets time, real time and I hope the supporters will truly get behind him and have patience, because we really need this to work.

I think we’re in for an interesting and positive season.