Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

NewUser777

Massive mistake Playing Shaw as centre back today. Looking at that bench, he is still working with scraps.

Toblerone92

Massive mistake Playing Shaw as centre back today. Looking at that bench, he is still working with scraps.
The game hasn't even started yet plus he did well there against City; who else could he have chosen with Martinez out? Maguire? Very strange comment.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Sorry, I'm confused - whose mistake is it and what would have been the better approach?

bosskeano

have you NOT been watching united this season? His preference is to have a left footed CB to keep proper balance and playing. Shaw was a no brainer with Martinez out.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
The transformation under this guy is so good. You can just see the way he’s changed our style of play. Players look a lot more comfortable on the ball.

maxtrash

Ten Hag more angry than ever before it seems because of that penalty moment with Rashford. Offense seemed outside the box though

PepG

Supports
Ajax
Erik is a legend. Dominated Real with Ajax at the Bernabeu, dominating Barca at Nou Camp with United..

King Kendrick

Don’t have enough of the right system players yet to take the foot off the gas against evenly matched teams away from home. Annoyed that we dropped points but draw seems fair.

NoPace

So if playing Shaw in LCB is a mistake in this game, what would have been the better approach?
Had to be Shaw tonight.

If you want to critique ETH, argue that Maguire should have gone day 1 and a new CB brought in for the 25M or whatever he'd fetch. Same deal as McTominay. It probably wasn't realistic, but at least there's an argument there, though it might have created more chaos than it was worth and we can replace both in the summer with players Ten Hag is more comfortable with (and already maybe have in the case of Sabitzer over McTominay, though we probably also need a pure DM backup for Casemiro).

RedNome

Cnut Rating: 9 (Conservative)
What more can be said?

This guy is the real deal, end of.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
The only thing I'd question is keeping WW on for so long but our main attacking options are injured, so hard to be too annoyed.

Apart from that, he's our messiah

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Some weird decisions but I have so much confidence and trust in him.

El Zoido

He has us going to Camp Nou and leave feeling gutted we didn't just smash Barcelona.

OT1214

He is the one. Feels great to finally have a proper proper manager in charge.

el3mel

I was so much invested in tonight's game. I don't remember the last big game I was really into it like this. Blast from the past, literally. I miss this feeling.

This guy has transformed the team. Look at Rashford. I can't believe this. This kid was dead and buried last season with the majority wanting him gone but now he's legit our best and most important player and the only thing that changed is Erik Ten Hag.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
The improvements we have made in such a short period of time are scarcely believable. I genuinely think there’s not been a better-performing manager in European football this season all things considered.

Rustyspider13

He's the guy. Went toe to toe with Barca with half the team out. The work he has done looks more impressive every week.