Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 430 48.2%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 462 51.8%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

always_hoping

Left a well organised team and run club to join such a mess of a club. It's some task on Erik hands. The only plus point about today is he's seeing in his first competitive game that many of these players simply aren't good enough and should demand more transfers. Going into another new season without a defensive midfield is a joke.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Hope he buys now 2 midfielders.
He really should not have started with McFred
Teams will be reluctant to sell this late in the window. Also everyone knows we have 70m or whatever the fee agreed with Barca was.

Now we are so desperate teams will quote us insane fees for any CM.

theatreofdreams777

What did he expect when he's adamant on starting the likes of Maguire, Shaw, Bruno etc.? When we say that these are no good for the team and they simply have to go some are quick to laugh at it but they got a good reality check even in the first 45 mins of the season.

Maguire playing the opposition attacker onside. Shocker. Bruno wasting opportunities, wasting balls. Shocker. Shaw allowing the opposition RW to shoot. Shocker. I'm amazed how these things happened really.

If he's genuinely ruthless he should drop Maguire, Bruno, Shaw (also start Iqbal instead of McTominay) and don't give a single shit about what the British press will feel about this.

Blood Mage

We're about to destroy this poor guy's reputation. I guess the joke is on him for accepting this absolutely impossible job to begin with.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
Ditto. The de Jong or no one attitude is incredibly naive. The whole midfield needs ripping up and rebuilding
It is the most brainless thing that can be said when you factor in the starting and only midfielders you have a are Fred and Mctominay. That is the type of arrogance mancity can have, not us.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
You'd hope so but never say never with the caf.
It’s way too soon for that to even be a thought, but honestly we all knew, everyone outside the club knows, and even our supposed best player knows what’s wrong. But our management have the most rose tinted glasses you can buy.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
There will be some bad losses this season because there are players who aren’t good enough and, as Rangnick said, they don’t have enough intensity. ETH needs time but him wanting to bring only players he has worked with, or who play in the Dutch league has to be an early black mark, a concern. Murtough took forever to recruit a coach and still went into the summer unprepared. The dozy cnut.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
There will be some bad losses this season because there are players who aren’t good enough and, as Rangnick said, they don’t have enough intensity. ETH needs time but him wanting to bring only players he has worked with, or who play in the Dutch league has to be an early black mark, a concern. Murtough took forever to recruit a coach and still went into the summer unprepared. The dozy cnut.
Utd have bid for Arnautovic. A player ETH worked with before

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
We're about to destroy this poor guy's reputation. I guess the joke is on him for accepting this absolutely impossible job to begin with.
In the whole of world football he cant identify two players that are better than McFred. He is destroying his own credibility. Plus he is bidding for Arnautovic. :rolleyes:

el3mel

I don't even know what the point of having a scouts system is when it's 2022 and we still can't target any players except those managed previously by the current manager.

RuudTom83

Teams will be reluctant to sell this late in the window. Also everyone knows we have 70m or whatever the fee agreed with Barca was.

Now we are so desperate teams will quote us insane fees for any CM.
So true!

It also goes back to given these players a new life every time the manager is changed. By the time ETH finds out they are dross it will be his job under pressure not theres.

RoyH1

I don't even know what the point of having a scouts system is when it's 2022 and we still can't target any players except those managed previously by the current manager.
That’s because we run an ole’ boys network for so many positions in our club.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
If this carries on, and he's not backed properly, I can see Ten Hag walking within a year.

If he's left with this squad he's being set up to fail no matter how good he is.

Sviken

Give him time and be patient. He had a rocky start with Ajax, too, before going on a run. But absolute pressure must be put on the buffoons in charge of this club. How can we start another fecking season with McFred in the middle. HOW?!

Erics_Collar

Not sure how I feel about waiting so long to make that triple change. Completely killed the momentum. Should have been done 5 minutes or more earlier.

el3mel

Well, he's not really helping his case with his stupid subs today. Bringing on 3 kids in the 89th minute while losing is dumb.

Vapor trail

Give him time and be patient. He had a rocky start with Ajax, too, before going on a run. But absolute pressure must be put on the buffoons in charge of this club. How can we start another fecking season with McFred in the middle. HOW?!
Personally I think the likes of Arnold / Murtough deserve more of the negative headlines than the manager on these types of occasions.

Castia

The recruitment is worrying me.

He seems to want only players he’s either managed or played against in the past.

Skills

Snitch
If this carries on, and he's not backed properly, I can see Ten Hag walking within a year.

If he's left with this squad he's being set up to fail no matter how good he is.
Walking to where?

avgp_1

Didnt we lose to Swansea in Van Gaal's first game after that terrific preseason.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
Welcome to Ten Hag ball, where the start is rocky and subs are never good or on time.

But when it gets going, it really gets going.

E-mal

I think he underestimates how poor we are and how good the EPL is.
Very amateurish from him and those in charge of manutd.

Tiber

Shouldn't have dropped Ronaldo. Shouldn't have dicked around with stupid subs in extra time.