Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Should ETH be kept on or fired by INEOS

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

crossy1686

career ending
I would keep Bruno for another season but Rashford can feck right off unless he gets his attitude sorted. He's absolutely useless if he's here next season playing with the same lack of enthusiasm.

Out of that team that started tonight, I would have 5 or max 6 here next season. And out of those, maybe 3 would be starters. The squad is a shambles. It's a mismatch of players bought by different managers, who are mostly nowhere near good enough. There's a reason why there's leaks about the majority of the squad being available for sale this summer.
As the Ten Hag supporters keep saying "he needs time and his own players", I'd say the same is true about Rashford, he needs the right manager. I'd give him next season to redeem himself, then it's curtains, he probably knows that too.

JBG

Anyone who thinks he's still here after this are delusion. Simple as that

lilcurt

He’s proven he can do well in Holland with a massively better team than everyone else. He’s proven he can’t get this team that cost a lot of money to play well.
He doesn't sign the cheque's mate.

Demand I answer your questions and then completely ignore my counter Q... Stay classy!

Marcus

I truly hate this man for what he has done to my club. His lack of awareness and flexibility is stunning.

BorisManUtd

Wolves 1-0
Brighton 1-3
Palace 0-1
Galatasaray 2-3
Brentford 2-1
Newcastle 0-3
Galatasaray 3-3
Bournemouth 0-3
Newport 4-2
Fulham 1-2
Brentford 1-1
Bournemouth 2-2
Coventry 3-3
Burnley 1-1
Palace 0-4

15 horrific performances that got him the sack for me. I haven't included some other loses like City x2, West Ham and Forest away etc.. You always lose some games in a season, nothing wrong with that. But these from the list, my God just thinking back of those. You want to be competitive and then have at least 15 really bad performances in a season. Still 4 games to go, that could and probably will get worse.

UnsungHero

Monitoring the preparation of the Vidal bid
That interview was just pathetic.

"We have to accept responsibility... but look at our backline

But yes we do accept responsibility... but everyone can see our backline..."

Repeat.

Repeat.

Carragher going in hard on him. An utter shambles of a coaching performance. The worst in the league by a million miles.

Malone_Post

Carragher “This is the most poorly coached team in the Premier League.”

The scouser gets it.
Carragher tore his tactics to shreds on live TV 6 months ago and he did nothing to change it.

He’s either the most stubborn person ever. Or the stupidest. Either way, he has no one else to blame but himself when he eventually does get sacked.

Ole'sgunnarwin

The analysis on this throw in is tough to listen to. Its beyond unacceptable how we're set up there. Its completely basic

NotChatGPT

Brownfinger
Ffs

You do realise he has chosen to play AWB at left back? As he has over and over again this season. Despite the fact it never works, it never will work, and we have a player in Dalot who can play LB & has done multiple times during his career.

You can’t use an awful tactical decision, a decision he hasn’t been forced into but has chosen multiple times this season, in order to defend him.

Sorry but this level of delusion in order to defend a manager who in the grand scheme of things has brought nothing to the club you support is absolutely baffling. It has to be a WUM at this point. It just has to be.
Just as you have people moaning about Dalot playing lb with AWB on the right, as AWB is either way a dud and on the left you won't get the best out of Dalot who is a superior right back.

People moan either way

Dalot is usually shit either way.

Shark

@NotShark
He said: "it's clear, we under performed. We should have kept fighting like the fans did. There are reasons, everyone has seen our backline but we have to deal with it"
He's the most bland and uninteresting manager I've ever seen. It's like he's just reading from a script, no emotion or personality to anything he says.

Jezpeza

Wolves 1-0
Brighton 1-3
Palace 0-1
Galatasaray 2-3
Brentford 2-1
Newcastle 0-3
Galatasaray 3-3
Bournemouth 0-3
Newport 4-2
Fulham 1-2
Brentford 1-1
Bournemouth 2-2
Coventry 3-3
Burnley 1-1
Palace 0-4

15 horrific performances that got him the sack for me. I haven't included some other loses like City x2, West Ham and Forest away etc.. You always lose some games in a season, nothing wrong with that. But these from the list, my God just thinking back of those. You want to be competitive and then have at least 15 really bad performances in a season. Still 4 games to go, that could and probably will get worse.
I believe thats now a record defeats total for us in a PL season.

edgecutter

Loving the poll change. It'll be back to normal in a few days when everybody will convince themselves that eth is the next ferguson.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
The predictable poll shift after a match :lol:

Give it 24 hours and it'll start moving the other way, as usual

KjaAnd

Yes, the reason being that you're unable to coach a team properly. Other managers avoid these constant humiliations and even have their team playing nice football once in a while. With lesser players and a significantly smaller budget. Why can't he?

Robbie Boy

As the Ten Hag supporters keep saying "he needs time and his own players", I'd say the same is true about Rashford, he needs the right manager. I'd give him next season to redeem himself, then it's curtains, he probably knows that too.
Rashford has been clowning around for years now under various managers. I would happily cash in on him for big money. He can be replaced. I mean in his last 5 PL seasons he's scored: 17, 11, 4, 17, 7. That's 60 PL goals in 159 games. That's not exactly irreplaceable. I mean he's on 350k p/w, the same as the likes of Salah. For me, he's a definite sale.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He's the most bland and uninteresting manager I've ever seen. It's like he's just reading from a script, no emotion or personality to anything he says.
Tottenham turned him down due to his lack of personality. Yet here he is, in charge of the supposed biggest club in England

Gordon S

Even with most of our players fit we were ragdolled from time to time. Brentford, Bournemouth, Wolves, Fulham, Newcastle, Brighton. We don`t even have to mention the bigger clubs. Our football is more or less consistent regardless of players available.

They way we are setup and coached constantly gets us into trouble and we also look blunt in attack.
I am too young to really remember how well we played under Big Ron and before that, but Erik sure must be among the worst managers we ever had?

jrsenior

We're at a point where it doesn't matter whether injuries caused this or not. I think psychologically we need a fresh start with another manager. He might go and find success with another club, but he won't find it here.
I really don't think anybody else will find success here either. Not in the short to medium term at least. As we have witnessed the last decade the problem isn't the managers alone. It's the structure of the whole set up from players in and out, contracts, training and medical facilities etc. etc. Ratcliffe has one hell of a job to do, with or without Ten Hag.

crossy1686

career ending
Bet that makeshift backline he selected feel great now as well. Come in, do a job lads but if you don't I'll blame you in the post match presser.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Mutual consent just means he took the offer of gardening leave with pay if he resigns. A sacking means he gets a payout for the remainder of his contract or the agreed fee.

The reason they've waited is because they don't want to rock the boat at the end of the season but Ten Hag himself has done that because he wants to know if he's going to be here past the summer.
I'd say the boat is sinking already

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He doesn't sign the cheque's mate.

Demand I answer your questions and then completely ignore my counter Q... Stay classy!
Southgate and Potter are better managers, that actually know how to organise a defence. I ignored your question because it isn’t relevant to the conversation. You’ve just cherry picked two managers that you don’t like (and know little about) to make Ten Hag look better. It’s a deflection tactic that has been used on here for months but most people thankfully see through it now.