Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

How many of you would be prepared to give ETH 1 more full season to prove himself?

• Yes

Votes: 376 26.5%
  • No

Votes: 1,043 73.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tiber

It's crazy to think we passed up on Antonio Conte :lol:
Conte would have had a mental breakdown by now even if we had appointed him. Conte working for the Glazers would have made great tv though

Shark

@NotShark
He's another De Boer. He will get sacked before October. Can't complain. Said we should get him and here he is. What a joker.
Honestly can't see him even lasting to October. He should walk away from this shit show now.

Lecland07

Think this is his LVG vs Leicester or MK Dons moment, where he realizes the team isn't fit for purpose and scraps his tactics
Van Gaal at least had some players with the proper attitude and experience of some success under Ferguson: Valencia, Young etc. This guy doesn't have anyone. I will exclude the new signings for now as they have entered into a crap show.

I don't really see what a change of tactics will do.

cyberman

Why? He picked the team, he sent them out to play this way
This isn’t how he sent them out, behave.
We can’t throw more managers under the bus for these players, it’s plainly obvious what the problem is at this stage

JTW95

Gullible sausage
He needs to learn a lot of lessons quick. The u21s would be better than half these players that have started.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
The point on Martinez I can accept, but it’s not like he hasn’t said he wanted a DM. We’ve just wasted time on one who doesn’t want to come and that is on our negotiator for not identifying that and feeding that back to find a new target soon enough.

Every single top team in the world plays from the back. I’m fed up of the idea we should continue to change our way we play to suit shit players. We simply need to find the ones who want to learn and be here and move the rest on.

It’s painful and we may finish 15th but that’s genuinely what we need.

Oh yeah I'd take a 15th finish if I meant 90% of these players fecked off. Its the only thing that can save this club tbh. Either that or Shiek. If I was ETH I'd just play youth going forward.

This is what the management above him want. Him getting blamed and them escaping responsibility. It’s like giving a Formula 1 racer the keys to a Lada and expecting him to win Le Mans. Don’t back a manager and see what happens.

el3mel

Honestly, as I said few posts ago this guy doesn't seem to respect the Premier League with such shit tactical set up, so him getting humiliated is deserved.

AaronRedDevil

Dutch tactics have and will never work in the PL. This was my big worry going into this season I despise being right. Why is he insisting on these players. Play the fecking youth.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Even though ETH was my second choice, I did not realize he would look this clueless. Why sign Martinez when we don't need him? Priotize a mid and a attacker. But, I did say ETH was on a downward trajectory. Ajax hasn't gotten to the height of the semi final in the champion league again and they have not be amazing since then

acnumber9

I know what you’re saying but I don’t think they are. They’re both well coached teams. United are in complete disarray from top to bottom.
They absolutely are good enough. We beat both teams with an aggregate score of 5-0 in the same fixtures last season. Under Rangnick. The opportunity is there to not pick Maguire. The opportunity was there to not pay over £50m for a midget in defence and the opportunity was there to not play Eriksen and Fred as defensive midfielders.

Long Time Red

I need to eat a huge slice of humble pie.

I really thought Ten Hag was a good coach and be a big improvement on Ralf but today's lineup shows he has absolutely no clue about football in this country.

You can't go to Brentford with a team of midgets.

We are absolutely fecked.

Amira

I think he is a victim of pure arrogance. He's re-learning things that us fans learnt all through last season. Couple that with learning about the gap between the premier league and the eredivisie and this is unsurprising.

Hopefully he learns quickly and makes changes else he'll be gone soon.

el3mel

This is what the management above him want. Him getting blamed and them escaping responsibility. It’s like giving a Formula 1 racer the keys to a Lada and expecting him to win Le Mans. Don’t back a manager and see what happens.
Those above him didn't tell him to start with this awful midfield combo, nor did they tell him to chase after one player the entire summer.

They also didn't tell him to sign this shit 50m defender, or the left back he's leaving on the bench to rot.

BlueHaze

Even though ETH was my second choice, I did not realize he would look this clueless. Why sign Martinez when we don't need him? Priotize a mid and a attacker. But, I did say ETH was on a downward trajectory. Ajax hasn't gotten to the height of the semi final in the champion league again and they have not be amazing since then
I do not think a single person did. This is beyond ANYONES imagination.

Irwin99

I can get the mistakes at the back to an extent. But what's worrying me more is our gamelan in attack. I don't even see the passing options for a possession team. They're moving into positions early ready for a cross into the box.
That’s the concern for me too.

crossy1686

career ending
This isn’t how he sent them out, behave.
We can’t throw more managers under the bus for these players, it’s plainly obvious what the problem is at this stage
The players are fecking disgusting, they're not fit to wear the shirt and at least 7 of them shouldn't play for us again. However, knowing that and seeing them week in week out, why would you make them play a type of football they're absolutely incapable of playing? This is the issue with system managers, they're so hamstrung by the system they don't know what else to do except more of the system.

I don't really want to see counter attacking football against the likes of Brentford but at least we'd stand a chance of fecking winning!

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Van Gaal at least had some players with the proper attitude and experience of some success under Ferguson: Valencia, Young etc. This guy doesn't have anyone. I will exclude the new signings for now as they have entered into a crap show.

I don't really see what a change of tactics will do.
True, I'm not sure what a plan B looks like at this point. Maybe just throw in some of the youth and hope it works out? Although then you risk demoralizing them and bringing them down to the level of the rest of the players.

RedDevilRoshi

Him giving these imposters a fresh clean slate to redeem themselves is costing him big time! Did he not watch us last season? How can you trust these group of players - they simply don’t give a f***.

Based Adnan

His own fault for being naive enough to think he can improve this current crop of shite. Should have made one of the conditions of him getting the job that he can get rid of them all.

Should have kept Ralf as well. As bad as he was as a manager his evaluation of the squad was spot on.

Fooza

He's just trying to play his style with a team full of imbeciles and incapable of doing it, so there is naivety on his part. He has to adapt, play defensive until he gets a team who can do it, but will we get the players? Can he adapt?

Just in the mud

avgp_1

Way too open. No defensive player in that midfield

He has understimated the PL going with the same set of players when Rangnick told everyone they werent worth it

Kingantti1874

Supports
Hearts
He should be allowed to get rid of every player he wants to. Not sure there are any worth keeping

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Plus a 5f6 LB. How was that ever going to work?
When I said that we shouldn't bother getting a CB that is less then 6ft2 I was laughed at. The irony is that Franco Baresi is my favourite CB ever. However he played in the Serie A not in the EPL. Ah and I almost forgot, this Martinez fella is not Franco Baresi.