g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Should ETH be kept on or fired by INEOS

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Its refreshing for once that we don't have manager envy. I used to lament the fact our rivals have Klopp and Pep, and grew frustrated watching talents like Nagelsmann move to other club, while we persisted with our managers who were hopelessly out of their depth.

Feels like we're in good hands for the first time since Fergie retired. And the football is growing increasingly sexy to boot!
Exactly my feelings. I wonder how how oppo fans feel about us having ETH?
Liverpool and City fans openly supporting United to catch top 4 (which meant that Ole is staying) still hurts me :lol:

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Its refreshing for once that we don't have manager envy. I used to lament the fact our rivals have Klopp and Pep, and grew frustrated watching talents like Nagelsmann move to other club, while we persisted with our managers who were hopelessly out of their depth.

Feels like we're in good hands for the first time since Fergie retired. And the football is growing increasingly sexy to boot!
Aye, this is exactly how I feel. It feels like we are finally in the digital age.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
I still can't believe to this very day that Man Utd appointed a Molde Manager with his best achievement in his career was managing Cardiff (but got them relegated from PL) for 3 fecking years.
I believe Ole being appointed was ridiculous, but that Cardiff stint was not his best achievement though clearly.

Molde were formed in 1911, and won their first league title exactly 100 years later in 2011, which Ole won, and then retained the title the next year.

It is a low standard league, but winning a club its first 2 league titles in its 100 year existence are good achievements.

Sir Alex, Pep and Klopp would have all got relegated with that Cardiff team.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Does anyone else have a weird man-crush on him? I can't work out whether it's the smouldering confidence and discipline or the tan suit.

Maybe both.

sugar_kane

Does anyone else have a weird man-crush on him? I can't work out whether it's the smouldering confidence and discipline or the tan suit.

Maybe both.
What about his deep chocolate brown eyes? Not even joking here.

Grande

What a day and light regarding fan confidence and mood is between him and failed Cardiff manager. I didn't felt like this for ages.
With this guy in charge my mood regarding United is at sky again. Watching every single clip which i can find, reading every story in media, counting days until every game....i am literally feeling like a kid again.

I admit that during failed Cardiff manager era my happiness about United hit rock bottom. In his last season i would watch the game and move on until next one. Zero enthusiasm, zero optimism about present and especially about future. I was even watching games as a task, with zero reactions on goals scored or goals conceded.
Inremember when we had Arsenal reject and England flop who scored zero goals for mighty Sunderland and Nottingham as our striker. Many wanted Alan Shearer, but we only got Arsenal reject and England flop who scored zero goals for mighty Sunderland and Nottingham. Fair enough, he’d scored a goal a game for Newcastle, but there were quite a few games he didn’t score for us. Still, he always did his best and contributed a lot for the continued success as a club, so I would never stoop so low as to go around rererring to him merely as Arsenal reject and England flop who scored zero goals for might Sunderland and Nottingham.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Absolute criminal in-game management. This is the kind of shit an amateur would do on FM.

Godfather

Some absolut shit decisions from him in the second half. Stop playing and lump it up field seemed to be his idea for it. Worrying

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
He’ll have lost a lot of credit with that second half.

Tony247

Witnessed a very weird whimsical side of Eth management. Very strange indeed.

Chief123

The change of formation was completely wrong. We looked broken once that change.

Bobski

That was very WTFery from Ten Hag, destroyed all structure and turned it into hoofball, was like some Mou nonsense.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Can’t be too harsh on the night of an away victory in Spain but there was no chance of getting a second goal with the shape of that team after the subs.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Terrible tonight but the damage was done in the disastrous home game. We were never going to win by 2.

Double whammy of less chance of winning the cup and less chance of top 4 with a fixture pile up after the world cup.

Eli Zee

I’m absolutely certain Ole & Phelan wasn’t Ed’s masterplan but in fact SAF himself. I doubt Ed even knew who the feck they were.

Agreed though, it’s the most stupid managerial appointment imaginable, as though we just thought some bloke managing in Norway & not pulling up tress there in his second spell, was gonna come in and be a Pep/Klopp buster. Absolutely moronic. Loads of us called it from the off but feck me, 3 years in and soooo many fans were just as guilty as Ed, Fergie and the rest, convinced he was doing a good job.

Unbelievable.
He came in as caretaker and when he was undefeated, everyone said give him the role.
in hindsight, it was a poor decision .

Marwood

That was very strange in 2nd half.

Doesn't really matter long run but that's up there with the Nick Powell sub.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
He deserves to be criticised for that. I really don’t know what he was thinking.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I have a lot of faith in Ten Hag but he shat the bed today.

There was no need to change the shape as early as he did. I thought we looked fine and, had we continued playing, I think we would have scored again.

Taking a body out of the back line ruined our build up. Worse, instead of changing it he doubled down. I don't think we played any football for most of that second half.

Hoofing it to Maguire is the least Ajax football I can imagine. Let's not see that again.

Last edited:

Fooza

When is he removing the mask to reveal it's Moysey

Oh well, if we play a good side and get beat, it maybe a blessing for the PL

ForeverRed1

Got to get ruthless with our attack. It’s not good enough currently.. no matter how expensive the players are or how much we like them.