Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 300 41.0%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 432 59.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Greck

Not a bad change from Moyes using his first executive decision to give himself a holiday.

Blood Mage

His focus will 100% be on us now so the players should be using our final game against Palace to impress him. They will almost certainly botch it though.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
His focus will 100% be on us now so the players should be using our final game against Palace to impress him. They will almost certainly botch it though.
‘Botch’ is one of the best words in the English language. And it will undoubtably be what happens next week.

TuzlaUnited

Yeah I don't blame you, I think this season is enough to warrant wanting an entirely new squad.

I just look at players like Varane and Sancho who have been very good elsewhere in functional teams and that shows me that there has been something in the coaching and the way the team is set up that makes players perform drastically below what they are capable of. That is not meaning this year does not leave a lasting effect on how I view the players and that they should not have done a lot more regardless of those factors. I just know they are capable of more as they have proved it.
I understand what do you want to say. And I am with you maybe with Sancho, Varane, CR, DDG ( I feel sorry for him, Fergie did him dirty just like RVP) ,maybe maybe Fred... But the rest of the pack...God help us.
We are all in for the wild ride next season.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Exactly. As I observe, male math PhDs are, in high percentage, bald (no offense), you know…
:lol: :lol:

My BIL teaches at Columbia. Bio-engineering. He has what my sister calls a thousand points of lights (his bald head.) I think he does have a math/engineering degrees -- but undergrad. PHD in physics, Princeton. .

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
How long before the pitchforks come out after we inevitably lose/draw our first few games as he adapts to the Premier League and our players?

Yakuza_devils

The first mandate should be to get the team fitness up to the level required for PL. We shouldn't be out run by teams like Brighton, Everton and the likes ever again let alone City and Liverpool.

Secondly, implement a modern attacking style of play. Need to get rid/sign new players for the new system.
I know this will takes time but at least we need to able to see the different and not like Rangnick abandon his gegenpressing philosophy just 2 months into the job.

Finally, the first season target should be Top 4 and try to win one of the cups competition we are in (FA, Carling, EL/ECL)

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
How long before the pitchforks come out after we inevitably lose/draw our first few games as he adapts to the Premier League and our players?
The ''I always had my doubts but always hoped that he would prove me wrong'' comments will start to surface by December.

Last edited:

city-puma

:lol: :lol:

My BIL teaches at Columbia. Bio-engineering. He has what my sister calls a thousand points of lights (his bald head.) I think he does have a math/engineering degrees -- but undergrad. PHD in physics, Princeton. .
Well, physics is basically applied mathematics. So, fit the picture :smirk:;)

The United

The ''I always had my doubts but always hope that he would prove me wrong'' comments will start to surface by December.
Hoping for the best would be everyone's intention right now.

And people can have doubts about the manager and the players. It is up to them to prove it and continue to prove that they can be successful here. I don't get why people are so defensive about managers, especially the ones that have not proved anything or are not even here yet. Let them speak for themselves.

Real Name

Not a bad change from Moyes using his first executive decision to give himself a holiday.
Just one of few of his big mistakes. Not saying it would have been different but going on a holiday is an act of a man who thinks he's made it by becoming an United manager.

Greck

Just one of few of his big mistakes. Not saying it would have been different but going on a holiday is an act of a man who thinks he's made it by becoming an United manager.
Those first couple months had no shortage of red flags. Absolute nightmare having to pretend they didn't add up to someone who had no clue. Sacking all of SAF's staff and bringing his own meant zero continuity to help the transition. He wanted to be comfortable but he might as well have brought the corner flags and kits from his old job.

Last edited:

Bondi77

I wonder if he is looking at a selection of beanies to wear for the cold English winters!

LoneStar

If the rumours/news about him wanting to come in early (and even call the players up for training earlier than usual) is true, that’s positive news. He will want to make sure he gets some time to assess the squad, up their fitness levels, and most importantly, figure out transfer plans as early as possible.

Real Name

Those first couple months had no shortage of red flags. Absolute nightmare having to pretend they didn't add up to someone who had no clue. Sacking all of SAF's staff and bringing his own meant zero continuity to help the transition. He wanted to be comfortable but he might as well have brought the corner flags and kits from his old job.
Yeah, sacking Fergie's board was a huge mistake too. He really didnt help himself at all.

Greck

Holiday is all right but make it short. All depends on the situation.
He made a lot of mistakes and did lots of things wrong, people making out that going on holiday is one of them is so fecking weird. We’re not American, people deserve a break every now and then.
Everything points to a manager who underestimated the scope of the task ahead so no, it's not simply one thing, it's one thing within an overlapping succession of things he said and did. Said deductions aren't exactly being made in a vacuum.

Last edited:

Real Name

Everything points to a manager who underestimated the scope of the task ahead so no, it's not simply one thing, it's one thing within an overlapping succession of things he said and did. Said deductions aren't exactly being made in a vacuum.
I agree.

Telsim

He better savor his success with Ajax while he can for he will quickly come to regret not staying there.

Greck

Agree, should honestly have gone without saying but I guess every exchange here has the potential to turn into some contest flex to show who has the most perspective. Like we don't already have the benefit of hindsight to inform us Moyes actually did underestimate what it took to be United manager. Don't forget after we came back from summer he gave the players double training sessions to "overtrain" their bodies to catchup, a dinosaur method proven to actually worsen fitness and cause soft tissue injuries.

By contrast Ten Hag doing some housecleaning before going on holiday is a true reflection of his superior work ethic. The differences in how they handle the same aspects are already glaring. Is even targeting an early return so we aren't trying to cram fitness work late.

Last edited:

Eddy_JukeZ

When does he officially start? May 15th or at season's end?

Will we see him in attendance for our last game?

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
He made a lot of mistakes and did lots of things wrong, people making out that going on holiday is one of them is so fecking weird. We’re not American, people deserve a break every now and then.
Our lot have been on a break all season.

I agree with this, we need to get behind the manager. Ever since SAF there’s been a split in the fan base regarding the managers.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I agree with this, we need to get behind the manager. Ever since SAF there’s been a split in the fan base regarding the managers.
With our fan base? There's more chance of a unicorn taking a shit on the Old Trafford pitch. The match going fans will always support the Manager to the very end, but goddamn the internet is just horrific.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
With our fan base? There's more chance of a unicorn taking a shit on the Old Trafford pitch. The match going fans will always support the Manager to the very end, but goddamn the internet is just horrific.
He was internet favorite choice so he will get chance this season. Most fans understand now that this team needs complete binning and will take time. ETH will be given some slack this season ( or atleast i hope he gets that).

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC

Until the manager's authority is restored at utd we don't have a chance in challenging let alone winning any meaningful trophies.

I fear the younger fanbase is more into player fanboyism though, now days we even have fans who change clubs with the said player. My reading might be wrong though.

AshRK

We may have a slow start as well so yes we must be patient and not look for instant gratification.

Loon

:lol:
Looking at his Ajax side being broken up (yet again) must still be disappointing for ten Hag. At least he's breaking up his new pile of shite for a good reason...