Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

How many of you would be prepared to give ETH 1 more full season to prove himself?

• Yes

Votes: 376 26.5%
  • No

Votes: 1,043 73.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blood Mage

Would have been a great opportunity for us to win the league this season if the Glazers had shown more ambition in this window.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Would have been a great opportunity for us to win the league this season if the Glazers had shown more ambition in this window.
We let our selves down though. Can’t blame them for dropping points against palace and arsenal. Wins in them 2 games would have kept us in the title race.

NLunited

Not being an idiot automatically makes you a genius on here.

And in general, always take a compliment.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
We let our selves down though. Can’t blame them for dropping points against palace and arsenal. Wins in them 2 games would have kept us in the title race.
Partly yes, but partly not having any real strength in depth in midfield and CB positions. Which is due to the Glazer's.

OverratedOpinion

It's the kind of posts from people that would tell you Boris did a good job given the circumstances. Just no logic or rational reasoning whatsoever
Well that isn't really true. He doesn't rotate a lot. I think it's fine like I said but he definitely rotates his team less than a lot of coaches which was something Ajax fans on here had mentioned when we signed him.

As I said I think it's fine and wouldn't change a thing about Ten Hag. I just think arguing from a place of someone else's authority destroys discussion.

OverratedOpinion

Depends what kind of a football forum you want to see I suppose. For me, it just seems like a few familiar faces picking things to be annoyed about, from a position of very limited data.

Is that what you come here to read? Is it wrong to point out that perhaps we should trust the experts?
I think looking at things objectively he does not rotate his team very much. That was apparently a trend at Ajax also according to Ajax fans on here.

I think it will be fine as he is such a great coach that if he needs to take someone out of the squad due to injury or fatigue he will still get us playing well with a replacement. It is still valid to say that maybe Rashford could have had midweek off for example.

Paul778

If we'd had bitzer earlier in the window so he could have contributed to both these games, would we have got more points?

Think we would have beat palace and been able to sub casemiro off before yellow.

Mind you. He hasnt kicked a ball for us yet

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Can someone get the poor bloke a proper notepad.

Guys having to write on paper on his hand. I know we're skint but come on.

Scottynaldinho

We're starting to play like an LVG unit for the past 4 or 5 games.

I don't understand our center backs keeping the ball and slowing the tempo down to a complete stall. It wasn't like that during our brilliant run.

Our only forward play is coming through the right and that end up Antony dribbling in a full circle because of his one footedness and then passing it back. We should be drilled to play through the middle a bit more as we don't know how to attack through the wide areas.

On another note, isn't it the same compromise starting Weghorst as starting Ronaldo was? Wouldn't it be better just moving Rashford to the CF position?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

I don't understand our center backs keeping the ball and slowing the tempo down to a complete stall. It wasn't like that during our brilliant run.

Our only forward play is coming through the right and that end up Antony dribbling in a full circle because of his one footedness and then passing it back. We should be drilled to play through the middle a bit more as we don't know how to attack through the wide areas.

On another note, isn't it the same compromise starting Weghorst as starting Ronaldo was? Wouldn't it be better just moving Rashford to the CF position?
Weigy presses a lot keener than Ronaldo does.
And Rashy has shown for years he's best from out wide.

Scottynaldinho

Weigy presses a lot keener than Ronaldo does.
And Rashy has shown for years he's best from out wide.
We've seen he can perform better than the rest in that role when in form. We'd be a lot better with him down the middle and Garnacho on the left.

Sviken

If there is one thing I'm disappointed at, is that he is not laying in on the referees enough. We really need some backbone here because they are starting to screw us over left and right unashamedly. Fergie was a master of it and he never let this type of stuff just fly by with no response.

sport2793

He was poor after the red card I felt, took way to long to make the changes. You don't get that much time in the Premier League, a match can change in seconds as we saw today. Luckily it didn't cost us today at least and he did make the right changes eventually.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Erik needs to be aware, this team still have ways of complicating things for themselves in matches that should be under full control. Saw it earlier, with previous United managers, but it's something that he of all can take under control.

Leeds games should be all about keeping things cool and chance to test depth, who will stay and who should go in the summer.

DevilRed

For me the biggest test for him now is to continue the winning ways against leeds and leceister without our original functioning midfield.

We're now down to the same chancers (and new guy Sabitzer) as the last 5 years.

fecking dire. If he gets us maximum points in the next two, he truly is a genius.

always_hoping

That's 13 wins in a row at home in all competitions. 0-0 with Newcastle 16th of October the last time failed to win.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
The Leeds games look a lot harder now. Worrying how poor we looked for most of the game.

Sir Erik ten Hag

If there is one thing I'm disappointed at, is that he is not laying in on the referees enough. We really need some backbone here because they are starting to screw us over left and right unashamedly. Fergie was a master of it and he never let this type of stuff just fly by with no response.
You want the manager to get a red card as well after Casemiro? That referee was on crack.

Flexdegea

For me the biggest test for him now is to continue the winning ways against leeds and leceister without our original functioning midfield.

We're now down to the same chancers (and new guy Sabitzer) as the last 5 years.

fecking dire. If he gets us maximum points in the next two, he truly is a genius.

Is this the new "test" of his managing and coaching ability?

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
We dominated most of the game, what do you mean? Palace created nothing til the red, barely stepped in our box.
I thought we created very little and looked at risk of conceding at the start of the second half.

Tapori

I thought we created very little and looked at risk of conceding at the start of the second half.
It looked like a typical PL game under Fergie where we don't play exceptional but get the home match job done. Then after the Red it was completely different.
Very fortunate but some very good hard work.

Red-17

Agree with many that he was a bit slow on the subs after the red, but he did get them absolutely correct when he made them. Especially the Lindelof for AWB one who was looking tired and also still vulnerable with balls to the back post.

AshRK

We were comfortably 2-0 and if not for red card could have won by 3 or 4. We will be fine against Leeds at home.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen

We've done that the entire season when we're up. I don't think they look like an LVG unit at all, we were relaxed and composed because it was 1-0 and eventually sealed the game as well until the "brawl" and Casemiros red card. It's not easy playing against a team with 10 men hanging back mostly. Maybe this is a personal feeling but whenever I'm watching United this season I know they're going to score eventually whereas with LVG they never gave me that impression. A lot of times under LVG it felt like passing for the sake of passing, because our team was so indicisive and couldn't create anything. Under ETH the team is actively looking to find opportunities but it will always be tough against a defensive side and I think they did a great job today. Good win.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Finally starting to lay into the shambolic refereeing in our games in his post match interview. He's learning he needs to start applying pressure to them to start getting decisions in his teams favour.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Nothing against the performance, maybe should be reacting quicker after that red card but that's for another discussion.

But he needs to start putting pressures on the refs before tha games if he wants to win things here in the future.

lex talionis

I’ve upgraded my grade of ETH from an A- to an A. That we are where we are, considering where we were before ETH arrived, and considering all the off pitch noise and shit he’s had to deal with since his arrival, is nothing short of astonishing.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Comfortable until anthony starts doing that trick and the whole melee starts. He needs to have a word with Anthony.

RuudTom83

EtH kept his cool today, subs worked great.

12th straight win at home.

Thank you Boss!