Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 613 48.9%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 641 51.1%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
:lol:

Your posts in here are a joke. Your agenda is abundantly fecking clear. Others can see it too.
Please describe my 'agenda'? Best you'll come up with is some posts after some games that annoyed me.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
He speaks very well does Erik.

always gives the right answers and he’s calm and composed.

Apokalips

And why was that? Because he tried to do a trick that riled up the opposition. We were comfortable until that. Total control.
So doing a trick means you deserve a thuggish response like Antony received? Sport is meant to be fun and entertaining.

Robbie Boy

Knew you wouldn't be able to.

As i said happy with Ten Hag, annoyed by todays performance. Simple as that.
Annoyed because we went down to ten men? feck off. We were cruising before that and ETH managed the game out perfectly. You just have to keep throwing petty digs even though the man has been a revelation.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Good, well said Eric! I love the fact our players will stand up for each other, it's how it used to be under Fergie.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
So doing a trick means you deserve a thuggish response like Antony received? Sport is meant to be fun and entertaining.
Every time a player tries the rainbow flick, it riles up the opposition and a huge fight starts.

If he doesnt do the rainbow flick we win the game 3-0 and casemiro is not suspended for three matches. Fine margins.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
About time ETH spoke up about this VAR biasy against us.

People say we are moaning but it's clearly got beyond just bad luck.

He's dead right too, the ref did nothing to control palace.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
He’s stayed quiet for too long. Pep and klopp moan about everything and get decisions in their favour so we need to start doing the same.

Zen86

Good on him, glad he’s making a stand against it. There seems to be a hell of an agenda against us right now and every ABU is having a pop. There’s a lot of bitter ex-scousers spouting BS in the media trying to sway the officials.

AshRK

How can anyone not like what he is doing. I don't think many predicted us to be in this position before the season started and as well after the two loss in August. He has worked on the basics and got us playing some good football. Look at our second goal, beautiful football. The team is getting tired now and we are working with 2 midfielders, one is suspended now. Sabitzer has to be thrown in. MCTOMINAY is injured. This is a hard job and he is excelling on it. The 2 late goals against palace and Arsenal defenitely pushed us in the top 4 race than the title one but the fact that we are even talking about title after what transpired last season is a credit to this manager.

Brilliant job all in all.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
We were cruising until the red card incident. I'd have to watch it again but I'm not sure why he only sent Casemiro off. I have to agree with ten Hag, one of the Palace players also should've been sent off.

I thought the pressing was really good in the first half and you can see we're coming as far as being a more dominant team on the ball going forward. We just need to sign the right calibre of players for the blueprint in question and I think we'll be very competitive next season. We're already competitive now, but I think we're going to go up a few levels next season.

When we finished second under Mourinho, I said the Liverpool team that finished 4th under Klopp, looked the team more likely to win the league in the next few years. Because that Liverpool team was developing a high intensity proactive attacking playstyle, and once the CB and keeper was brought in, they went up a few gears. I see the same happening here under ten Hag.

royalewithcheese2006

Supports
A Director of Football
Glad he's come out and said this about the inconsistency with VAR and the general refereeing during our games. I know we were lucky with the Bruno goal vs city but it always felt like decisions started going against us the minute someone (klopp comes to mind) said we got a lucky break somewhere. Casemiro was stupid there but there was atleast a couple of palace players who should have been booked and got away with it.

Flexdegea

It's pathetic. He has over a 100 posts in here, and a quick glance will verify his clear agenda.

Hold on, is this guy a Hag hater?

How possibly could any of our fans have a vendetta against him, after the job he has done, with the circus around him

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Please describe my 'agenda'? Best you'll come up with is some posts after some games that annoyed me.
The cover is sky blue and white, it has spirals and every entries have to be bold.

Last edited:

Irwin99

Clearly annoyed at the inconsistency of VAR and I think he's been very guarded with his comments about the referees up to this point.

surf

Glad he's come out and said this about the inconsistency with VAR and the general refereeing during our games. I know we were lucky with the Bruno goal vs city but it always felt like decisions started going against us the minute someone (klopp comes to mind) said we got a lucky break somewhere. Casemiro was stupid there but there was atleast a couple of palace players who should have been booked and got away with it.
It's unfortunate if the Bruno goal has led to a fallout among referees because it was a correct decision according to the laws. ETH is right to speak up about the refereeing.

One thing I really like about him is his problem-solving ability. Injuries, suspensions, Ronaldo, no money to spend in January, he figures it out without complaint and keeps winning. (Very different from how the likes of Mourinho or Conte would react.) I expect him to do the same during Casemiro's absence.

Suedesi

And why was that? Because he tried to do a trick that riled up the opposition. We were comfortable until that. Total control.
Imagine that, a player showing skills in a football match riles up opponent who tries to throw him against the board and stays there in provocative manner. There was one thug in that passage of pay and it was Schlupp not Antony

fecking Man Utd supporters eh

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Imagine hating on Ten Hag after having to put up with the previous managers before him (and after SAF).
We're getting spoiled.

Sviken

Finally, what I've been wanting to see. Very Fergie-esque quotes. We need to start putting pressure on these referees otherwise they'll never give anything to us. Look at how that baldie and Klopp are constantly whining about decisions this, decisions that. We've been far too patient with these kinds of "mistakes" that have been piling up this season.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
After the shit-fest of Ole, and for a short period Ralf, it feels incredible to finally have a worthy manager in charge.
I think it’s time you left ole go :lol:

I don’t want to get in a back and for but he seems to always be in your posts somehow

Robbie Boy

I think it’s time you left ole go :lol:

I don’t want to get in a back and for but he seems to always be in your posts somehow
Absolute shit-fest. Thank feck we're in a much better place with a top manager.

Hope you're buzzing mate. You should make a thread about ranking PL managers, and finally, you wouldn't be wumming the shit out of this place by putting ETH in the top 4 :drool:

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Absolute shit-fest. Thank feck we're in a much better place with a top manager.

Hope you're buzzing mate. You should make a thread about ranking PL managers, and finally, you wouldn't be wumming the shit out of this place by putting ETH in the top 4 :drool:
Haha, touché. Was only a gentle poke.

I loved having Ole as manager, was gutted it went to shit.

ten Haag is different gravy and clearly our best manager since SAF. It’s a joy to see what he’s doing.

NLunited

We're starting to play like an LVG unit for the past 4 or 5 games.

I don't understand our center backs keeping the ball and slowing the tempo down to a complete stall.
It wasn't like that during our brilliant run.

Our only forward play is coming through the right and that end up Antony dribbling in a full circle because of his one footedness and then passing it back. We should be drilled to play through the middle a bit more as we don't know how to attack through the wide areas.

On another note, isn't it the same compromise starting Weghorst as starting Ronaldo was? Wouldn't it be better just moving Rashford to the CF position?
Recycling the ball until it can go forward is totally normal. Passing into a player under pressure is exactly what Palace would want.

Our attacking play is still a work in progress. Still, we are creating good chances, but it needs to be more. Antony is improving every game. His decision making needs work. On the other flank, we did not get Rashford involved enough.

Starting Martial would have been preferable this game. However, Weghorst‘s pressing was great. I would not call that a compromise. Ronaldo barely pressed. We caused Palace a lot of problems in the first half.

Robbie Boy

Haha, touché. Was only a gentle poke.

I loved having Ole as manager, was gutted it went to shit.

ten Haag is different gravy and clearly our best manager since SAF. It’s a joy to see what he’s doing.
I love Ole, top bloke, but a really poor manager. Great interim, though. I'm not really sure what Ralf is/was, or what he actually tried to achieve, but eh, it's fair to say that he was fecking terrible.

ETH is the one I wanted, so I fully expected Poch, which would have been underwhelming. I honestly think ETH has done an absolutely incredible job, considering the utter shit-show that he walked into. It's been a great season so far, especially with Liverpool and Chelsea becoming memes (taking our place).

We've been a joke for years now and it's brilliant that I can finally start believing again. Under Ole, I just went through the motions and didn't really care, as the team wasn't particularly likeable, and it was clear we were going nowhere.

ETH has genuinely shifted the whole mentality and culture at the club, and he's brought about a fantastic connection again between the players and the fans. That has deserted this club for far too long, and it's great seeing it again; Rashford's celebration today was a prime example. ETH has instilled a sense of togetherness, and now we actually have a likeable team with warriors who are willing to give it their all. This season has fully reignited my love for this amazing club.

Now we have an identity, a top manager, a tactical blueprint and a sense of direction. The future looks bright.

NLunited

I was thinking this during the game...how many managers come in and constantly whine about being patient with poor results until they have "their players" when any sort of adversity crops up? ETH has somehow taken an island of misfit toys, and with addition of some very shrewd buying, managed them up to play "his way". That...in it of itself...is a major accomplishment and shows elite management skills. Just look at Wan Bisska and Fred...among many others...how many other managers would have just benched them all season until they got players that more fit their style of play. Those that have refused or simple can't hack it are the ones that are left out...and there are very few of those.

He continues to reward those that fight and play with confidence with playing time, as opposed to those that might be more expensive or have a larger "stature"...and the team loves him for it. You can just see it.

Honestly can't think of a single thing to critique so far this season (maybe the random sub critique here and there). It's been picture perfect from a management perspective.
Exactly. I think that has been one of the most important for me: his ability to take limited players and make them functional within the team. That, and the improvement of the team spirit and mentality.

You don‘t need eleven star players in your team: you need three or four and make every one else do their tasks according to their abilities.

After the two opening games we lost, things could have gone downhill fast. It was impressive how he galvanized the players after that.

criticalanalysis

Every outfield player except Varane had a touch on the ball before the goal :drool:

I said this in the Fred thread but his contribution is underrated too as we were a bit under the cosh and couldn't progress the ball just before this. AWB also playmaking from the centre of the pitch :devil:

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I love Ole, top bloke, but a really poor manager. Great interim, though. I'm not really sure what Ralf is/was, or what he actually tried to achieve, but eh, it's fair to say that he was fecking terrible.

ETH is the one I wanted, so I fully expected Poch, which would have been underwhelming. I honestly think ETH has done an absolutely incredible job, considering the utter shit-show that he walked into. It's been a great season so far, especially with Liverpool and Chelsea becoming memes (taking our place).

We've been a joke for years now and it's brilliant that I can finally start believing again. Under Ole, I just went through the motions and didn't really care, as the team wasn't particularly likeable, and it was clear we were going nowhere.

ETH has genuinely shifted the whole mentality and culture at the club, and he's brought about a fantastic connection again between the players and the fans. That has deserted this club for far too long, and it's great seeing it again; Rashford's celebration today was a prime example. ETH has instilled a sense of togetherness, and now we actually have a likeable team with warriors who are willing to give it their all. This season has fully reignited my love for this amazing club.

Now we have an identity, a top manager, a tactical blueprint and a sense of direction. The future looks bright.
Yes, yes and yes.