Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Should ETH be kept on or fired by INEOS

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Yakuza_devils

I still think ETH need one more year to finally fully build his team. Next season we need to focus on attacking football ETH's style. Last season most of the game we were still quite negative and we played very low defensive line.

Next season I hope to see Man Utd playing City, Arsenal and Liverpool style of modern attacking football. However I don't think we can win the league especially City can go up a few gear to finish over 100 points.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Personally I wish the club shut up with all this PR and propaganda. Stfu and win trophies that will speak for itself
Yeah, like me your mindset is from the Fergie era I can tell.

Win trophies and speak through that - nothing else.

To be fair to ETH, I would guess he probably feels exactly the same, but a lot of fans these days are into the whole ‘vibes’ and ‘product engagement’ thing - even if they don’t realise that’s what’s happening.

It’ll take this club a long time to fully move on from the ‘Disneyland’ era. Tbh it’ll probably take a new owner coming in and completely resetting the culture.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I still think ETH need one more year to finally fully build his team. Next season we need to focus on attacking football ETH's style. Last season most of the game we were still quite negative and we played very low defensive line.

Next season I hope to see Man Utd playing City, Arsenal and Liverpool style of modern attacking football. However I don't think we can win the league especially City can go up a few gear to finish over 100 points.
He's spent 200m last summer, then 170-180m already this summer (and counting). You'd hope that his "re-building" should be close to being done.

Yakuza_devils

He's spent 200m last summer, then 170-180m already this summer. You'd hope that his "re-building" should be close to being done.
This coming season will be the first season we will play ETH's football which the players need time to get used.

We are also going to compete against City which have much more resources (if u know what I mean) and world best manager.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
This coming season will be the first season we will play ETH's football which the players need time to get used.

We are also going to compete against City which have much more resources (if u know what I mean) and world best manager.
SO are you saying that 2nd place is in the bag? (with only City we're competing with)

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

Agree. This year will give us an indication of real ETHball. But next summer we build squad depth to enable us to compete. No drop off in quality or approach in our play when we have subs or injuries.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
It's ok to lose to Brighton though, they had a very good season. Ideally you start and get a great wave of momentum but the odd loss to good teams is fine, it's the silly losses that I find most impactful.
It's not OK to lose to anyone, it will happen of course but that doesn't mean it's OK

Son

I’ve been feeling a bit doom and gloom with the whole takeover fiasco lately but this man has single handedly made me excited for the season.

Not completely blown away by the Mount or Hojland signings but I’m excited to see what his plan is. Antony too will be interesting this season. If anyone can get us winning Eric can.

erikcred

SO are you saying that 2nd place is in the bag? (with only City we're competing with)
It's not in the bag, but I would be disappointed if anyone but City finished above us.

If City decide to go for a points record, not much we can do besides making sure that 108 is the max they could get.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
It's not in the bag, but I would be disappointed if anyone but City finished above us.

If City decide to go for a points record, not much we can do besides making sure that 108 is the max they could get.
Yeah. I’m not convinced we’ll be 2nd next season, just by adding mount, honlund, onana, and potentially amrabat. None i think a “game changer.

But it doesn’t mean i’m not looking forward for next season.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
For me personally, it’s not about finishing second although it’d be great if we did.

Reflecting back to what I hoped would be our 3 year progress from when ETH took over, I wanted season one to be about rebuilding our mentality and demonstrating progress in play style recognising it is a team that wouldn’t have all the pieces to fully play in ETH’s preferred style. Focus also being about slowly weeding out all the negative elements which became embedded from the last decade. I feel like we achieved that, and top 4 is the added bonus.

This season was about a good summer window to bring in what I hope is enough pieces for ETH to execute his style in full, followed by a year of embedding that style across the team. I don’t expect us to be amazing from day one, but my hope is to see steady progression in our familiarity of the style and performance over the course of the year. A stellar year would be second (I can’t see us beating City to the title), but as a minimum we should be comfortably within the top 4. I don’t expect it to go to the wire again.

Year 3 is, in my opinion, when we need to show that we can compete for the title. You can’t predict winning because City can spend and have a great manager. But I would be wanting us to push them for it. And then from there, with smart spending, I’m hopeful we can consistently remain competitive for the title.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
"Erik, we'd like you to stop hitting players with a cane when they start collapsing during their morning 100k runs. In fact, we'd like you to reconsider those as well because some players have complained that they're literally dying."

"Heh. Very funny joke. You are joking, aren't you, you fecking cnut heh?"

"TOTALLY Mr Ten Hag, it was just a joke haha you can stop hitting me now please."

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
thats the way of the modern game with the media outlets, camera phones...etc. old school guys like fergie and wenger would have had a tough time with how it is now
Lot of clubs don’t do it

maxtrash

I think we overachieved last year. I would be happy if we have the same number of points yet see more of the attacking style we're longing for.

Btw. ETH-ball to me is getting the best out of the players he has at his disposal. Getting more modern players should allow for more modern football and more convincing wins against lesser teams.

Strelok

"Erik, we'd like you to stop hitting players with a cane when they start collapsing during their morning 100k runs. In fact, we'd like you to reconsider those as well because some players have complained that they're literally dying."

"Heh. Very funny joke. You are joking, aren't you, you fecking cnut heh?"

"TOTALLY Mr Ten Hag, it was just a joke haha you can stop hitting me now please."
:lol:

Yakuza_devils

I know it's preseason but our build up from the back is still suspect. The pressing and high line also have lots of work to do.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United

I'm not convinced City will have things their own way this season. Their squad is slightly weaker now.

They may still win the league but you'd have to argue that anyone can beat anyone in the "big 7" (now including the Geordies).

It might be a season where 80 - 85 points can win the title. The key to our potential success will be not dropping too many points against the bottom half teams.

Appletonred

Liverpool, Newcastle, Chelsea, will all be stronger this season, then of course City and Arsenal, I suspect if Utd are not challenging the latter two then Ten Hag
could actually come under some pressure, his signings so far this summer have been a tad underwhelming to be completely honest and the kid from Denmark
is obviously one for future, would not surprise me if Greenwood is reintegrated back into the squad as we clearly have not yet fully addressed the striker situation.

croadyman

I'm not convinced City will have things their own way this season.

They may still win the league but you'd have to argue that anyone can beat anyone in the "big 7" (now including the Geordies).

It might be a season where 80 - 85 points can win the title. The key to our success will be picking up maximum points against the bottom half teams.
Losing Walker (IF he goes) Gundogan & Mahrez will hurt them a little bit. Shame Silva isn't going as well but Guardiola won't let that happen