Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 602 55.3%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 487 44.7%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Rustyspider13

Made some gambles but managed it well in the end. Went for a comparatively fresh, high energy Wout-Fred-Sabitzer-Sancho to force a mistake and kept Rashford on to finish anything that came from it. Almost got rewarded too.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Great win but please get a new GK. The lack of buildup play is quite evident when we play teams who is quite good on the ball. It's going to be the same against City too.

The GK has to start the build up and when he goes long to forwards who find themselves against Dunk , it's as easy as it can get for the opposition.

We won't look good on ball /build up until we get a new GK.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Top four, two cup finals, one of which is already in the bag. Excellent stuff.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Great win but please get a new GK. The lack of buildup play is quite evident when we play teams who is quite good on the ball. It's going to be the same against City too.

The GK has to start the build up and when he goes long to forwards who find themselves against Dunk , it's as easy as it can get for the opposition.

We won't look good on ball /build up until we get a new GK.
Think he’ll go long against city. Like we did against Liverpool. Against teams that press I don’t think he’ll risk it with this GK

Chairman Steve

Made 2 cup finals in his first season. That’d have been fecking optimistic as feck dreamland a year ago.

ExecutionerWasp001

We have to do it sometimes as we don’t have a CF who has brute force
We won't win many balls off Dave's kicks. We are though guaranteed to concede goals by putting ourselves in trouble trying to play out. Would much rather we give the ball away deep in our opponents half rather than on our 18 yard box.

Kag

I think not starting Fred hindered the game plan.

We clearly set up to push on Caciedo in the first half, yet Eriksen couldn’t get near him. They bypassed us so often due to that.

As soon as Fred got on there we started winning the ball back in their half. I think we need to make better use of him.

Valencia Shin Crosses

I think not starting Fred hindered the game plan.

We clearly set up to push on Caciedo in the first half, yet Eriksen couldn’t get near him.

As soon as Fred got on there we started winning the ball back in their half. I think we need to make better use of him.
He should have started on Thursday as well. These high intensity games against good opposition Eriksen struggles and has almost allyear.

Lecland07

Probably a good thing, in the end, that we went out of the Europa. No semi finals makes more room for rest. The final would have been 2 days before the FA Cup final, also.

This has been a great season. I didn't think we would get top four; I definitely didn't think we would reach finals and win a trophy.

meamth

Feck Ten Hag's ball on the final. We should bring Ole back as special coach to park the bus deep and counter them. :keano:

Rusholme Ruffian

We were giving them possession anyway, but on the edge of our own box. I’d prefer them to have the ball in their own half if they’re our only options.
They weren't our only options. The other option was not to shit ourselves and give ridiculous goals away. You seem to want to blame the manager for that though. Weirdo. Not sure whether you are aware but we just got to the Cup Final?

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Gutted we won being a hater with an agenda but well done Ten Hag.

Floyd_deeps

Feck Ten Hag's ball on the final. We should bring Ole back as special coach to park the bus deep and counter them. :keano:
Ole, vibes and counter… probably the only thing that can stop Sir Pep and the treble. On a serious note, I think we might stand a better chance playing Ole ball in the final. I am hoping ETH has made notes.

sepulturite

Sick to death of the moaners in here. The amount of games we’ve played is ridiculous. One cup in the cabinet already, and now an FA Cup final to boot. Top four looks almost certain. Depleted squad. Injuries galore.

If you can’t credit the guy then go support another team. He’s made mistakes, but who the feck doesn’t. Especially in a first season.

Seriously go support city if you’ve got nothing good to whatsoever to say.

I’m not absolving him of any criticism just to be clear. But the way some people go on in here, you’d think he was the reincarnation of Moyes.
Yep, as I said in another thread some are acting like we're in a relegation fight and got knocked out in the early rounds of all cups! I'd love to know how some of them deal with real life, not very well I'd take a guess.

cyberman

We were giving them possession anyway, but on the edge of our own box. I’d prefer them to have the ball in their own half if they’re our only options.
After your rants on here after the Sevilla game I expected you to walk back a lot of your posts.
Seems you’re not bothering

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Did great but I do wonder why he's disappeared Fred for so long. You feel he could have done a job at Sevilla.

Also, his lack of trust in Pellistri is weird. His agility and tricks would have been useful at the end. Certainly more of a footballer than donkey

But all of these are by-the-bys because no one can convince me he's not playing a blinder this season

sepulturite

I'm starting to wonder whether some of these posters are actually members of the Solskjaer family given how differently they are behaving now that we have a different manager. It's bizarre.
It's not only Ole fans, we had a poster in the match day thread and his username was actually 'mou mou land' :lol: hmmmm I wonder who he's a fan of?? :confused::lol:

sepulturite

Did great but I do wonder why he's disappeared Fred for so long. You feel he could have done a job at Sevilla.

Also, his lack of trust in Pellistri is weird. His agility and tricks would have been useful at the end. Certainly more of a footballer than donkey

But all of these are by-the-bys because no one can convince he's not playing a blinder this season
Must be something he's seeing on the training pitch (not that they're on it much with all the games) or he can just see that they won't work with how he wants to play? I don't see it myself, but it has to be something along those lines

Kaos

Hoping he now never sees the need to start Maguire ever again. Should be telling him to look for a new club by now.

Irwin99

Martinez was the worst player to lose to an injury and had he remained fit we would have beaten Sevilla as well.
It's been a big loss in terms of the distribution from the back. His passing is so purposeful and direct (like Keane's used to be), and we miss it big time. Still, I hope to see Shaw and Lindelof as the starting centre backs now if Varane and Martinez are out for the rest of the season.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He is really stubborn with using Eriksen whenever possible, I felt like this was a mistake today especially that he set up the team to sit back and counter. Which itself is quite disappointing because we had a strong team especially up front so we could've been a bit more brave.

All in all he got us to the final but I think this season is more about assessing the squad then going for an actual style of play.

crossy1686

career ending
All you’ve done is moan nonstop in this thread. :lol:
:lol: I’ve done feck all! I had one gripe after the Sevilla game and you lot keep quoting me days after and then come in here moaning about people moaning! There’s only you lot moaning about other people having different opinions than you, like people aren’t allowed to question anything. It’s been days now!

Zed is not dead

It looks to me as though he was trying, in a way, to use this match to help the players returning to the first XI regain some match fitness for the final sprint in the league.

Casemiro, Eriksen, Martial, Rashford : they’re all kind of returning back to the first XI but all started and were left as long as possible on the pitch. It looks like he prefers them being ready for the league rather than fielding the healthiest XI today

crossy1686

career ending
They weren't our only options. The other option was not to shit ourselves and give ridiculous goals away. You seem to want to blame the manager for that though. Weirdo. Not sure whether you are aware but we just got to the Cup Final?
:lol: Then stop quoting me about something that happened days ago. I’ve said what I had to say post Sevilla, we’re over that now

ROFLUTION

The many games are taking its toll. At least for the final we might be able to have our best players save some energy if top 4 is secured

Bruno is so pivotal to what this team is creating. So good he’s rarely injured (fingers crossed he wont be)

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Honestly ecstatic we got through, didn't get a chance to play Ten Hag ball today but I like that Ten Hag is pragmatic at times.