Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 568 54.1%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 482 45.9%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Renegade

It will end up being the same as the Ole crowd who want to prolong something that clearly isn’t working and then just walk away after wasting years of time and money. But of course they weren’t wrong about anything.

Just look at what Ange has done with Spurs in a few months. Here we are, months and months on, and he can’t even get the players fit, nevermind beat a decent team away from home.
His won a couple games and been knocked out a cup ETH won in the first round!

we’ve seen many managers start off like this, then disappear.

3KDré

Spot on today. Can't really fault him at all. Maybe taking Lindelof off (although I don't know if he was injured).

rajds89

I hate that we’ve become just like every other club, a sacking club. I hate it. Unfortunately though, as someone who was never convinced he was the man for the job in the first place, I just can’t see him lasting the season at this rate. Two defeats already, both to teams who we will be battling for top four with come May. I haven’t seen any improvement under him and yes, he won us a trophy last season but let’s have it right, it was the one trophy you go in to the season not really giving two shits about until you win it. Is it to early to make a change? I don’t know.. but don’t kid yourself in to thinking there is no one out there who couldn’t do a better job.. heck, Ange has transformed Tottenham all whilst losing their best player in the space of a few months.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I can't blame him for having 4 of our best defenders injured, but how did we concede that exact same chance with somebody free as a bird on the back post from a corner twice?

We mostly handled the game quite well, but I'm just seething at that.

Womp

idiot
I was all in on ETH, still am TBF but I think what this is proving is that even though he may be a brilliant coach, he is not a brilliant manager, at least by the old school definition. He shouldn't be completely rebuilding a team, he should have a DOF who is signing players that work with his intended style of play.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him be let go if the results don't turn real soon, it's been a piss poor start to the season and the team already looks knackered which is extremely worrying.

Castia

He’s saying the goal was onside from the other angle….this could be interesting

Piskin

He is not good on the line during games it seems...I will give him until the end of the season and hopefully he will have improved. We should have held out for the draw in extra time, would have been a good result & boosted confidence in the players.

flappyjay

Yeah let's sack him after a positive season so we can appoint another manager who wants different players who will also fail so we can continue this cycle every two years. Like Van Gaal, like Mourinho, like Ole. And people ask themselves "why can't we ever get it right?"
Where has anyone said he should be sacked. Is Saint that should not be criticised?

izec

Should be sacked after this season.

The club needs to have a strategy and structure in place, whereby the manager is a coach and transfers and squad planning are made on club level. The manager can have an input, but the decisions and targets are not his first and foremost. Enough with this amateurish BS. It worked for Fergie, but he was a god. We wont find another one anytime soon.

Ace of Spades

Who exactly should have been put on the midfield instead of them? Mejbri and Gore? Pellistri? Mount and Amrabat werent on the bench
Yes, Mejibri and Gore were options, when your midfielders can barely run, you need a fresh pair of legs just to put pressure on opponents.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
That's it then, he's the next Pep confirmed
The Glazers are geniuses, put a compete amateur in charge for years, and expectations will be so low that they will be praising us when they have someone with any semblance of actually being a coach.

“Beat Ole’s points total”. Give me a break. If that’s what £400 million gets you…

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Away record vs top 9 last season:

played 8
Won 0
Drew 1
Lost 7
Conceded 28

we have now added to that with two more losses against Tottenham and Arsenal away from home. I’ve seen lots of posts today of people saying it’s too negative and people are idiots etc. you cannot defend that record, he needs serious scrutiny and it’s not unfair because we played Jonny Evans for 20 odd minutes.

Dannn411

The two bits of football that led to the Rashford goal and the disallowed Garnacho goal were great. Aside from that, as far as the attacking side of the game goes, I'm not enjoying it. Not seeing the progress or what he's trying to do.
That's because he's not doing anything. There is literally no consistent pattern of play after a full season, two transfer windows and close to £400m spent. Amazing.

UDontMessWith24

The Glazers are geniuses, put a compete amateur in charge for years, and expectations will be so low that they will be praising us when they have someone with any semblance of actually being a coach.

“Beat Ole’s points total”. Give me a break. If that’s what £400 million gets you…
Learn football.

Telsim

Every manager who comes here will fail. Every single one. The club simply doesn't have the structure or culture that is needed to be a winner. We can spin the roulette as much as we want and the result will be the same. Best we can hope for is we stick with a manager like him for a long time and hope something happens. He must stay.

UDontMessWith24

What did Maguire and Evans do to cost us the game today? Do you not think maybe the manager should have realised we were really exposed after bringing them on and moved the whole team deeper? Or are we just going to stop making people accountable now?
What was the game plan and how should it have changed?

M Bison

Supports
York City
There’s plenty calling for him to be sacked, was same after spurs and same at 2-0 vs Forrest. Just read the thread in more detail.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Nah. A basic understanding of football allows me to keep things in perspective so I’ll be just fine.
You clearly have no understanding coming out with things like “it takes time”. A very basic and simplistic outlook.

The team that beat us a few weeks ago didn’t need any time, and haven’t spent 10% of what Ten Hag has done. Surely a footballing scholar like yourself could see how unfit we are 4 weeks into the season?

Your arrogant “run on” while spouting nonsense like this just makes you look even more foolish, when you are proven wrong….again.

Superunknown

I am not going to question him yet but his away records against the top 6 or 8 teams have been absolutely appalling. I don’t know how he is going to rectify it but this simply have to stop soon
So, you're willing to admit that his away record against the top teams is dreadful, but you won't question him? I don't understand that.

We play dull football. Saw lots of comments in the match day thread about it being close to what LVG was offering up, and I don't think those comments are wide of the mark, tbh. I will say that he's had it very, very unlucky with the injuries and that is probably what is going to stop most fans going two feet in on him. But, we've played 4 games, and we've lost 2 and have conceded 7 goals in the process. That's just not good enough.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Glad he's actually mentioned the Evans thing, no-one has seemingly has on here.

It was a clear double block on him, stopping him closing the shot down.

Not a chance in hell any official is brave enough to call that though after the non pen

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Played well but the margins in football are literally millemeters because if garnachos goal is allowed, we win the match.

Having said that we dont have what city have under pep, the determination and will to win. We just dont have that. We are not winning the PL this season - out best bet is top four. We might pull the CL out of the hat sort of like chelsea did under tuchel because thats a cup competition. I am not saying we will win it, just that we have a better chance given what i said.

I just wonder is ten hag able to get inside players heads like ferguson was and pep is. I dont think he is. Even if we had our full team out every match, i dont think we would win the PL outright. Maybe top four. Its 75% psychology and 25% tactics i heard a manager say before. I think it was lombardi.

UDontMessWith24

You clearly have no understanding coming out with things like “it takes time”. A very basic and simplistic outlook.

The team that beat us didn’t need any time, and haven’t spent 10% of what Ten Hag has done.

Your arrogant “run on” while spouting nonsense like this just makes you look even more foolish, when you are proven wrong….again.
It is very basic, which makes it even more baffling that you don’t understand