Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 540 53.2%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 475 46.8%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

gaffs

The focus was on shifting him, we were open to offers last summer. However his ill discipline also doesn't go unnoticed and its evident behind the scenes that Sancho created a problem.

Ten Hag hasn't been the only one to call him out. The Dortmund DoF or CEO did, twice if I'm not mistaken. Southgate has. Don't make it a Ten Hag specific issue like you did with the signings :lol:
Agree, Sancho is a problem. But ETH has made it worse. If we wanted him gone in the summer, just get rid for next to no transfer fee. Even pay some of his wages. ETH should be telling the club that he wants rid no matter what.

Says the guy who endorsed silly comments like ruling Mount/Onana/Hojlund as flops when they've barely settled, to try and point fingers at Ten Hag.
You know full well we've overspent on players in the last 15 years but you're peddling a narrative to make it seem like its Ten Hag specfic :lol:

We don't need to be Ten Hag fans to know you're talking complete and utter drivel.
Never said any of Mount/Onana/Hojlund are flops. But as per the below, we massively overpaid when there were ample alternatives.....

Bad signings under ETH

Onana £45m
Rivals signed
- Raya £27m
- Vicario £17m

Casemiro £70m and then Mount £60m
Rivals signed
- Palhinha £20m
- Enzo £107m
- Nunes £42m then £53m
- Kamara free
- Rice £105m
- Lavia £12m then £58m
- Tonali £55m
- MacAllister £35m
- Gravenberch £34m
- Szoboslai £60m
- Kovacic £30m
- Sangare £30m

Antony £85m and then Hojlund £72m
Rivals signed
- Isak £63m
- Diaby £50m
- Doku £55m
- Maddison £40m
- Kudus £38m
- Kane £100m

These are just the players who were actually available and moved at a similar time.
But no, Ten Hag needed his boys!

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Agree, Sancho is a problem. But ETH has made it worse. If we wanted him gone in the summer, just get rid for next to no transfer fee. Even pay some of his wages. ETH should be telling the club that he wants rid no matter what.
Sancho made it worse. A manager has given every inch of room to the player and the player is still unprofessional - that's on the player.

And your suggestion to get rid with not transfer fee is insanely dim, not worth a sub-debate. I'll let you work out why this approach and letting him get loaned to get some fee is better than nothing.
Never said any of Mount/Onana/Hojlund are flops. But as per the below, we massively overpaid when there were ample alternatives.....
You are judging bang for buck when the players have barely settled in. Take a moment and read your posts before you actually hit "post reply". It's getting tiresome at how flawed your logic is.

gaffs

Sancho made it worse. A manager has given every inch of room to the player and the player is still unprofessional - that's on the player.

And your suggestion to get rid with not transfer fee is insanely dim, not worth a sub-debate. I'll let you work out why this approach and letting him get loaned to get some fee is better than nothing.
Ten Hag created the situation. He should of used foresight to think through what each scenarios would lead to. He would have been better off saying nothing.

Really? Would tend to agree for most loans, but can you really trust Sancho to go out on loan and perform?

Give a chance for a team to get a player like Sancho on a free and some clubs may pay the wages.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Ten Hag created the situation. He should of used foresight to think through what each scenarios would lead to. He would have been better off saying nothing.
What do you mean used foresight to think what scenarios it would lead to? Ten Hag clearly had given up on Sancho, both options lead to the same place - Sancho out the door.
Really? Would tend to agree for most loans, but can you really trust Sancho to go out on loan and perform?

Give a chance for a team to get a player like Sancho on a free and some clubs may pay the wages.
Sancho would definitely get a fee, the advantage of a loan option is to get a test drive for a club and if it works out well they will likely pay up a bigger fee than otherwise thought.

gaffs

What do you mean used foresight to think what scenarios it would lead to? Ten Hag clearly had given up on Sancho, both options lead to the same place - Sancho out the door.
Had he given up on Sancho? If that's the case, fine. Play him a bit, then get him sold.

If so, why make the issue worse by saying Sancho was training below standard? How does that help if he had already given up on him?

I dont think ETH planned it out at all. He answered honestly, but with hindsight, I bet he regrets it.

Sancho would definitely get a fee, the advantage of a loan option is to get a test drive for a club and if it works out well they will likely pay up a bigger fee than otherwise thought.
That is how a loan should work. But as i said, do you trust Sancho to go out and perform? I wouldn't.
Even if he were to go back to Dortmund, he will be going back with millions in account. The hunger isn't there.

fallengt

Cancelo has a proven, recent track record of excellence at City.

He thought he was worth a start every week, Pep thought otherwise, Pep got rid.

Sancho hasn't played well for years and has this reputation of being problematic. Further enhanced by this recent issue.

City have not sold Cancelo, only loaned. We dont know what the financial agreement is between them and Barca.

If Pep sells Cancelo 18 months ago, when he was at the top of his game, he could have got a huge fee for him.
Yea Sancho has not played well before, and won't suddenly will.
United can't sell players because at this club, mediocrity get rewarded. If sancho was on 100k/w, you betcha clubs would get in line to get him, nobody gives a shit if he falls out with manager or not. It's all come down to player's wage and what he can bring to the field.

city-puma

We played such a chaotic half. Obviously, our current level is on par to this Galatasalas team. We are actually worse if considering we are in home. My expectations have to be further adjusted.

Eddy_JukeZ

We play with zero control and the idea that 2-3 players returning from injury will rectify that is wishful thinking.

We're not going to go anywhere with this type of 'huff and puff' football.

Cathy Ferguson

We played such a chaotic half. Obviously, our current level is on par to this Galatasalas team. We are actually worse if considering we are in home. My expectations have to be further adjusted.
Yup. Casemiro in decline, no LB or RW, Rashford and Bruno well below par. Mount is looking better and better.

mu4c_20le

Our tactic seems to be get the ball to Bruno/Rashford and hope for a moment. And they get stick when they can't.

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
How he sees Bruno and believes what he delivers is captain standard is baffling.
If he believes Bruno is the one to send us to Glory then, he won't survive this season.

Midfield control is the most pressing thing we need right now. As vital as waiting for other players coming from injury.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
His “tactics” this season are shambles to say the least. Almost as if he’s selecting the players and telling them to do whatever the feck they like on the pitch.

Yagami

Good post resistant
We play with zero control and the idea that 2-3 players returning from injury will rectify that is wishful thinking.

Even if we win, the signs aren't good. I said in the match day thread that it's sad watching us attempt to play out of a press and in tight spaces. So many poor touches, poorly weighted passes, weak shielding of the ball, etc. What makes it worse is that Galatasaray's press is amateurish, too.

This is with around £200m worth of talent ten Hag has spent on the pitch, and over a years worth of coaching.

Idxomer

Even if we win, the signs aren't good. I said in the match day thread that it's sad watching us attempt to play out of a press and in tight spaces. So many poor touches, poorly weighted passes, weak shielding of the ball, etc. What makes it worse is that Galatasaray's press is amateurish, too.

This is with around £200m worth of talent ten Hag has spent on the pitch, and over a years worth of coaching.
Agreed, I've lost any hope in him. His team looks completely clueless out there.

wolvored

Sancho caused it by playing shit and playing xbox all night, then turning up late for training. TH wouldnt havexsaid anything if this didnt happen. Its all on Sancho. TH even gave him 3 months off for no return. Sancho is a disgrace. 375k a week then bites the hand that feeds him

tob

Rashford on the right side for like 2 minutes and sets up a goal. That might be something to look into, no?
A fast right-footed player on the right side, not going inside all the time might just be something that would benefit Hojlund?
But hey, let’s not try an play like that ever again.

Semigoodlookin

I don't want ETH out or anything silly, but he need to improve the play. There is no obvious vision or styles. I agree with Zlatan saying stick with the project through bad times but I do not see what we are trying to do. Every team we play looks like a well-oiled machine that can pass with precision because the team just allows them to play. Perhaps the most concerning thing is that this has been an issue for years and predates ETH. Some players are simply unreliable.

Appletonred

He deserves time but if we regress from last season and Qatar buys the club then Zidane is the man for the job and I think he would be up for it under new owners.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

We can't possibly play any better with the massive amount of injuries.

Awla

If ETH had the guts to drop Ronaldo, then he should do the same to Bruno or at least sub him.

hobbers

Defensively this is by far the worst we have ever been. Omnishambles.

PoTMS

Sack him now. He's useless and we will never ever win anything worth winning with him in charge. Even Rangers have more ambition than us.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Agreed, I've lost any hope in him. His team looks completely clueless out there.
I'm watching Casemiro, Eriksen and Mount aimlessly kick the ball. All three his signings. If your manager builds a midfield like this, I don't know what hope there is.

hobbers

Sorry lads but this is Erik ten Sacked.

Only a matter of time. Disasterclass

Wolves at home. Forest at home. Palace at home. Now Galatasaray at home.

Alcio77

The dressing room is no longer with him.
The lack of concentration and determination after we went up 2-1, says all.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
It's over .he's got no idea how to turn this around. This is identical to Oles final season.

feck me, what a kick in the balls after all the positivity last season

AndySmith1990

We can't possibly play any better with the massive amount of injuries.
We can't play decent football with hundreds of millions of pounds worth of signings on the pitch? £50m keeper, £70m striker, Rashford, one of the highest paid PL players, Bruno Fernandes, Gernancho, £70m Casemiro, £55m Mount, Eriksen. We really can't play any better with these players? I'm not buying it

hobbers

Under Mourinho, under Ole, under Moyes we win this sort of game 4-0.

For all their other failings at least they could deliver the slam dunks.

Mike Smalling

He will eventually fall to the players he has chosen to go for. Onana and Antony in particular.