Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 580 54.6%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 483 45.4%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Keownisacnut

Supports
Glazers out!
Sack the manager, sell the players, roll the dice, next time it will work? Will it? Will that fix the roof or set up a strong management structure, change the dysfunctional recruitment and club culture? No it won’t. Nothing will change till the financial vampires who own our club sell up and leave us alone. Todays crisis is the same as all the others since SAF retired, a manager trying to fix a decade of club mismanagement and falling short. I don’t know if ETH is the right man for the job but we need someone to fix our club more than new first team coaches.
I have been a fan since 1976, so have seen the good times and bad, I just wish folks would see the common denominator in all this and direct their anger at the owners and get them to sell up. We are the only ones who can do this.

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
No idea what he is trying to achieve, or that the players do really

No organisation at the back, no balance in the midfield which everyone could have predicted given the players involved

Not doing his job properly
Looking at us this season I wonder what the hell do we do in training, we seem surprised, puzzled and shocked regardless of who we play against.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Eriksen on was correct decision but it should have been Bruno and not Hannibal making way for him.

We have made terrible choices in past few games and we have paid the price for it.

gaffs

He's going to get sacked unless he makes some big decisions. Unfortunately I don't think he has the bravery to do it.

Onana, Rashford and Bruno all need dropped.
Why not play Bruno where he is best? No, we got to accomodate a lesser player in Mount.

Rashford was half decent. Created one goal but did feck up the one on one by passing.

Dannn411

I feel zero sympathy for him. He brought all this upon himself and it will be up to him to get out of the mess he created. Will he drop the underperforming big names? Will he stop trying to reinvent the wheel? Its all up to him. If he gets fired, he has nobody but himself to blame.

e.cantona

Mummy, mummy, diamonds, I want them too
He needs to go. Bring back Mou, Moyes, Ole, LVG, anyone

Slevs

likes to play with penises
He's going to get sacked unless he makes some big decisions. Unfortunately I don't think he has the bravery to do it.

Onana, Rashford and Bruno all need dropped.
This is the infuriating part. He got rid of fecking Ronaldo and benched Sancho. The balls were/are there. He just seems blind when it comes to Rashford and Bruno.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I didn't see the end of the game, was the OT crowd restless?

DSG

I honestly think he didn't do much wrong in this match, other than not fixing the hole Casemiro left behind & keep conceding to the same cutback attacks.
Should take the blame definitely but players fecked it up harder. Mental m*dgets, lot of them are.
Well we know that isn’t the case because we had a 30 match unbeaten run at OT, we came in 3rd last season and Ole took the bulk of these players to 2nd before everything fell apart.

I do think it’s Ten Hag’s responsibility to prepare the tactics and the players, as well as set the mentality. He’s clearly barely got his head above water and I’m worried he won’t be able to right the ship.

Based Adnan

This is the infuriating part. He got rid of fecking Ronaldo and benched Sancho. The balls were/are there. He just seems blind when it comes to Rashford and Bruno.
Both of those were easy decisions. Ronaldo was clearly finished at this level and wanted to leave himself. Sancho was an underperforming player who had disciplinary issues on top. Neither required bravery.

Jezpeza

I don't think he lost the dressing room, but usually a run of bad results is followed by that.
the public throw under the bus of Sancho was a Mourinho move.

Told Maguire, Mctominay and possibly Martial and DVB to get fecked in the summer then they didnt let them go and now we need them to play for us.

thats enough to lose it

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I totally understand what you're saying mate, and it is down to 'luck' but you create your own luck, like if he thinks bringing in these players and just expecting them to adapt to PL football right away without any protection or rotation then he's going to get exactly what he's getting now. And then you have to hope these players are mentally tough and not DVB's who just slowly fade into people who cosplay as a footballer when they were competent footballers once upon a time. They might all end up being an improvement in the long run but they won't show that under this manager any time soon.
Mount is a PL quantity that's already adding value. I agree on Hojlund but I should caveat that he wanted an experienced striker to come in to support him, and FFP restrictions meant he couldn't.

I think we can look objectively at his business and say "Okay Onana was a bad deal" but I don't think ensuring that we replace DDG was a bad move, because he was also a liability as a GK.

Perhaps the DoF should have come in and said that Raya is free for cheaper, and he's PL proven, so he's the play for now. But we didn't and that's a structural issue needing revision.

Unless Onana doesnt turn around his form, the DoF will rightly turn to Ten Hag and say "right, we are going toward our targets over yours in coin toss situations, because your record isn't as good as it should be".

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Onana
Eriksen on was correct decision but it should have been Bruno and not Hannibal making way for him.

We have made terrible choices in past few games and we have paid the price for it.
Yeap. Story of the season. One step forward, two steps back.

Unless he finds a way to make a midfield work with Bruno in it, he's not surviving the season. Considering our options in midfield, the answer is obvious. Drop Bruno. Hannibal can do his job, and as bonus, not make bone headed decisions.

R'hllor

I personally dont give a feck about debate regarding him being sacked or not but why people act like he is without free will, he still makes decisions when it comes to that squad. So lets stop how he has no choice or options to change something, they might turn good or bad but he still pays the price for decisions he makes.

I’m not blaming ETH for most of this, though he has made mistakes. Yet again, IMHO, our players are throwing a manager under the bus. Whether some of them want the manager out, I have no idea, but so many are underperforming. I feel for ETH, he must feel like he is swimming against the tide, given the mess he is dealing with in the squad and in the boardroom. I fear he will end up being sacked and the next guy will have the same experience. It just keeps happening.

Moriarty

There's only one way to turn it around, and that's to start winning games. Between Brentword, Sheffield, and Copenhagen we should be able to get most points from those three before the City game.
Indeed, but ETH first has to pick these players up and instill some backbone in them.. A few of them really look as if they'd rather be somewhere else.

crossy1686

career ending
Mount is a PL quantity that's already adding value. I agree on Hojlund but I should caveat that he wanted an experienced striker to come in to support him, and FFP restrictions meant he couldn't.

I think we can look objectively at his business and say "Okay Onana was a bad deal" but I don't think ensuring that we replace DDG was a bad move, because he was also a liability as a GK.

Perhaps the DoF should have come in and said that Raya is free for cheaper, and he's PL proven, so he's the play for now. But we didn't and that's a structural issue needing revision.

Unless Onana doesnt turn around his form, the DoF will rightly turn to Ten Hag and say "right, we are going toward our targets over yours in coin toss situations, because your record isn't as good as it should be".
Oh Ten Hag won't get the chance to spend any more money, I'm sure of that.

Pirlo'sBeard

Why not play Bruno where he is best? No, we got to accomodate a lesser player in Mount.

Rashford was half decent. Created one goal but did feck up the one on one by passing.
I think we need to try something new. Particular players aren't being held accountable for performances.

Moriarty

I’m not blaming ETH for most of this, though he has made mistakes. Yet again, IMHO, our players are throwing a manager under the bus. Whether some of them want the manager out, I have no idea, but so many are underperforming. I feel for ETH, he must feel like he is swimming against the tide, given the mess he is dealing with in the squad and in the boardroom. I fear he will end up being sacked and the next guy will have the same experience. It just keeps happening.
Who'd be daft enough to take the United job if ETH gets the push? Potter? Getting a replacement to walk into this circus won't be an easy task.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Oh Ten Hag won't get the chance to spend any more money, I'm sure of that.
Unless Onana turns it around along with Antony, I'd agree.

Right now his focus should be survival mode, getting 3 points vs Brentford somehow. Managing the copenhagen midweek fixture and building momentum off that. It seems a long way off but he needs to get back to basics.

RuudTom83

When's the last resort? Feel's pretty definitive as it is right now.
Tonight was beyond annoying so hard to argue against anyone asking him to gone.

But I would say the manager's position depends on the sale, the club should never react after a bad run of results, there needs to be a plan.

IF the club is actually for sale, then the new owners would probably look to change all the backroom staff including the manager.

IF that was something that will be happening early next year then just keep EtH. I'm sick of watching the players perform well for a new manager and then as soon as it gets tough or they face any adversity they melt. Only to be given a clean slate to by the next manager.

Let the players sort it out. If they perform they stay on, so we are lining up with 3 players at the weekend after tonight's performance.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I don't see how he saves that situation but I also think it makes no sense to fire him now.
Players getting back from I juries will help but it feels like we need a major overhaul soon. I am not confident ETH is the man for that.

gaffs

I think we need to try something new. Particular players aren't being held accountable for performances.
Well, that is upto the manager. Remember, it was Bruno and Rashford's goals that got us in the top 4 and CL last season.

Easy to scapegoat but look at Casemiro. He does not track runners through midfield. He is supposed to be a defensive mid. Did he never have to track a man at Madrid?

The Galatasary number 7 was ghosting in behind him.

crossy1686

career ending
Unless Onana turns it around along with Antony, I'd agree.

Right now his focus should be survival mode, getting 3 points vs Brentford somehow. Managing the copenhagen midweek fixture and building momentum off that. It seems a long way off but he needs to get back to basics.
I just can't see it happening. There will be a good result somewhere in the next couple of games, like when Ole beat Tottenham in the middle of his worst run, but then we will revert to this normality with a couple of hammerings and that will be it for him unfortunately.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
You could have Jesus himself managing this team and we'd still see brainless football by our players.

Changing the manager now will just restart the 2 year cycle. Hopeless when your main talismans are Rashford and Bruno

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I just can't see it happening. There will be a good result somewhere in the next couple of games, like when Ole beat Tottenham in the middle of his worst run, but then we will revert to this normality with a couple of hammerings and that will be it for him unfortunately.
I'm going to remain optimistic because I believe he is a strong coach and has managerial pedigree. He'll have to show it now more than ever though.

Ole I never respected as a manager remotely. He's not even a coach, really terrible appointment in every way barring cheerleading.