Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 505 51.9%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 468 48.1%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
His subs made a big difference, but if he keeps playing the same shite players in the next starting line up it's going to be his downfall.

Players need dropped and he needs to get those big bald balls out and start swinging them before it's too late. A bad start next match and we're back to square one again.

OrcaFat

Without being too narcissistic, I am (among the few) known to be a stubborn supporter of our managers. Probably I even said Moyes should have had more time (ha!). I don’t like us sacking managers unless it’s absolutely necessary because some of the best managers came through adversity and I have a preference for the long plan over the short plan.

I’ve very much stuck up for EtH. But today I was having a serious wobble. How the feck can he not get these players to win any games at all? I was going to come in here to say “let him go, we can’t get worse, it’s not working out”.

Does that change because we won the game with two injury time goals from a player I urgently want us to sell?

sepulturite

I'm ETH out but it's clear he's going nowhere anytime soon. I just hope today's performances from our substitutes makes him realise we can rely on our bench.
He just needs to have the balls to drop certain under performing players from the starting 11, we play better when they're not on the pitch.

JG3001

Those who wanted ETH out until 10 mins ago should apologize now
Let’s take a step back and analyse it rationally. He’ll still be judged based on who he starts in the next game and how they perform. Big hint: Rashford, Casemiro and Bruno have no right starting any time soon.

Superunknown

I'm sliding further towards ETH-OUT. Yes, the comeback was very exciting and it's always great to get a result when it doesn't look like you will. But, the overall football we're serving up is dire. We are going to lose more games than we will win if we continue to play the same way. Aside from the last 6 minutes with the two McTominay goals, I didn't see any intelligence behind our play. Overall movement was poor, poor passing, poor tracking back against from Rashford, bad shotstopping from Onana for the goal, poor shielding in the middle from Casemiro. Erik is the manager and he is the one most responsible. I'm glad he hooked these players off, but they must remain hooked in the next game. There has to be some sort of learning process between games, which I'm just not seeing a lot of at the moment.

I fear that all of the excitement of two late, late goals is going to cloud people's judgement on the entirety of the game, and how this fits in with our sequence of games and how we have approached games. The quality of football was poor, again.

Amira

Why won’t he just play people in their best positions? Play actual wingers ffs

Strelok

Tbh I'd never think McT might save his ass one day. Football is really fun sometime :lol:

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
That's your reaction? Are you having a laugh? A last minute comeback and thats it? Some of you are so depressing.
Agreed, I think some folk just relish being miserable.

Great end to what was a shit game. But it was shit because the starters were as shit as they've been for months, and we're setting up wrong. It's up to Ten Hag whether any of that changes, and if those changes will make a difference, and I think in those last ten minutes he got his answer.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
As much as I'm starting to question if he's the right man, this was nice to see -

3KDré

Drop the leaders who aren't leading. Bruno, Casemiro, Onana and Rashford. Forget their feelings.

Bobski

His team selections often make little sense, and he is giving too much rope to players who are out of form.

Not doing a good job at all.

astracrazy

Could be EtH turning point like Fergie had. Time will tell. I hope so, I think we are better than our results imo.

GMoore23

International break coming at a bad time now. Just when he could use this comeback to build some momentum.

hobbers

Cant wait for the next game where he starts Rashford, Bruno, Case and Onana and benches McTominay, Hannibal, Garnacho etc.

Rinse and repeat.

Rustyspider13

I'll give him credit for throwing the kitchen sink at the problem. That was a proper SAF move to put on every attacker available when chasing a goal. But our problems are clear and changes need to be made. I hope him subbing Rashford and Casemiro is the start of him realizing that.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
Drop Rashford for fecks sake.
SURELY he sees it now?

Mike Smalling

I don’t think this happens if the players are against the manager. Might be issues with tactics and selections, but don’t think he’s lost the players entirely.

Ludens the Red

Jose’s 3-2 win over Newcastle and Oles 3-0 win over Spurs. Papering over the cracks: That team is on its knees. I thought Brentford were probably the worse side weve played all season in terms of actually playing football and yet we were awful for so long. Great result in the context but doesn’t change anything for me.

gaffs

Those who wanted ETH out until 10 mins ago should apologize now
I dont want ETH out, but two scrappy goals from a player he was trying to get rid off should not let him off the hook for criticism.

We looked worse than against Palace.

No patterns of play, no team shape and then his goalkeeper makes another howler.

I just hope this somehow allows us to pick up the performance level as it has been dross so far.

OrcaFat

I'll give him credit for throwing the kitchen sink at the problem. That was a proper SAF move to put on every attacker available when chasing a goal. But our problems are clear and changes need to be made. I hope him subbing Rashford and Casemiro is the start of him realizing that.
Yeah, possibly the penny starts to drop and he trusts some of the other players in the squad more frequently.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
We don't have our first choice back 4! And our second and third choice left backs? What team can deal with that with no problems?

Not even mentioning Casemiro, Bruno and Rashford.

90 + 5min

Need to drop so called stars.

Played with more control when Casemiro and Rasford went and we got real wingers.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I don’t think this happens if the players are against the manager. Might be issues with tactics and selections, but don’t think he’s lost the players entirely.
Rashford looked frosty as feck with him at the end, which was startling when even Van De Beek looked happy.