Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Should ETH be kept on or fired by INEOS

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Roboc7

We look so terrible that it’s hard to see it as a turning point. I hope I’m wrong but felt more like games against Wolves and Forest where we won despite being shite.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Don't agree. We need some defenders to get from injury asap.
Yeah, might have one left back again at least, and carry the high from the win for a bit rather than straight into the next match.

Oranges038

Finally he had the balls to take off Rashford and Casemiro, next he just needs to remove Bruno. Thankfully today he made the changes that turned the game and got the win.

Delano

I've been very vocal in my support for him, but he needs to change and fast.

I think he has hugely underestimated the athleticism needed in the PL. Our players look weak, slow and timid.

We get annihilated on the break, our midfield is unbelievably slow on the ball, and our wing play is atrocious.

This period of time will define him. You have Mainoo, Mejbri, Garnacho, and Amad, all either fit or coming back after the international break. We need energy in this team, we need movement off the ball and senior names need dropping.

If he persists with his favourites, he's done.

Irwin99

I want him to succeed here, he seems a decent guy and you have to cut him some slack over an obvious defensive injury crisis but the attack and midfield options are virtually all available: Antony, Garnacho, Martial, Holjund, Bruno, Mount, Rashford...all available and fully fit. Why are we having such a problem scoring goals and often in the first half even getting shots on target?

Mctominay and Casemiro have more goals than most of our attacking players :houllier:. People talk about Onana getting him the sack, and they may be right, but the attack is so blunt it can't compensate. This is where it's really going to go wrong for him I feel.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Fair, but that doesn't justify the total lack of creativity in the team and the how we cant work the ball through midfield.

Brentford have had one win all season.
It absolutely can justify the lack of creativity, when you constantly have to worry about your defenders/defensive midfielders fecking up. We're much slower at bringing the ball forward, we can't pass in defence, Onana has to hoof it constantly. We don't have a left back who can help Rashford offensively. It's fecking terrible.

Liverpool lost VVD for a season, when they were in arguably their best period ever, and look what that did to them. We have 4 fecking first teamers missing. Perspective?

manichester

The last 2 games Rashford has had 3 players marking him because there is no threat on the right hand side of the pitch, Mount does nothing to create any space for our forwards.

Maclooch

This is the most down I’ve ever been on Rashford. I might finally believe we are better without him.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
The last 2 games Rashford has had 3 players marking him because there is no threat on the right hand side of the pitch, Mount does nothing to create any space for our forwards.
It’s also because he’s so easy to defend against. Overload him and you know he’d still want to taken on all 3 players only to lose the ball:

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
This won't alleviate the pressure. He needs a good run of games to do that, which will be hard without a striker.
Eh? We have a striker, he's young but he's good.

We just don't create chances for him because we have wasters playing on the wings because of manager selection and also because we have no system to consistently create good chances.

gaffs

It absolutely can justify the lack of creativity, when you constantly have to worry about your defenders/defensive midfielders fecking up. We're much slower at bringing the ball forward, we can't pass in defence, Onana has to hoof it constantly. We don't have a left back who can help Rashford offensively. It's fecking terrible.

Liverpool lost VVD for a season, when they were in arguably their best period ever, and look what that did to them. We have 4 fecking first teamers missing. Perspective?
Fair comment, especially the lack of overlap for Rashford. That has hurt him as he needs that to draw a defender - he is always 1v2 without that.

But there is still some terrible midfield and forward play that cant be excused by the back four.

And quite honestly, i would only trust a fit Martinez at CB. I think Varane is a busted flush now.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Eh? We have a striker, he's young but he's good.

We just don't create chances for him because we have wasters playing on the wings because of manager selection and also because we have no system to consistently create good chances.
If he can't knock in 25-30 goals then he won't be enough.

philippexyz

I don't know how to feel about this latest win vs Brentford. Yes, it was glorious, in a way, but maybe it's just prolonging the inevitable failure of ETH and overall suffering.

evil_geko

Still want him out. Turd football. Lucky escapes. Crappy buys. Getting bailed out by players who apparently downed tools. Whole club is a mess made by glazers and ten hag is repeating it on the field.
Lucky? We are bombarded by bad luck from start of the season, injuries, strange mistakes, strange misses, there is nothing lucky about our season so far. Quite the opposite, we deserve some luck our way finally.

gaffs

It’s also because he’s so easy to defend against. Overload him and you know he’d still want to taken on all 3 players only to lose the ball:
Lack of an overlapping left back is killing him. Shaw was always there for that.

Someone has to give him an early option. I see him look up and there is no one.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
We didn't create anything, with pretty much our stringest midfield/attack today. He simply has no idea how to score goals in PL.

redom

He'll be hoping this is a turning of the tides but it does feel like he'll have to do something to capitalise on it and not just revert to the same formula and hope for the best, some really tough decisions for him that could well make or break his United tenure.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Got a lucky win today. Can’t keep conceding the first goal though as we struggle to score 2+ goals

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Not sure he'll get through this but we are going to have a couple of players back in defence after the break and it might help.

If Onana gets off the booze or whatever is on, we might go somewhere (no before getting destroyed by City).

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I hope he sees sense and drops Rashford. Rashford will get him sacked for sure.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I would like to think the purpose of that win was to educate Ten Hag to bench certain players as opposed to just postponing the inevitable sack

BeltUp

Supports
United
I still trust him and believe he will get it right. Also, there's no other available manager right now I would replace him with.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Fair comment, especially the lack of overlap for Rashford. That has hurt him as he needs that to draw a defender - he is always 1v2 without that.

But there is still some terrible midfield and forward play that cant be excused by the back four.

And quite honestly, i would only trust a fit Martinez at CB. I think Varane is a busted flush now.
I do agree, we need to replace Varane. But most importantly, we need to replace Casemiro. Amrabat could be that man, maybe.

gaffs

That can’t be the reason. Reguilon has provided that when he played recently but Rashford was still crap.
Reguilon has hardly played. Thought they were working well v Bayern for a while.

Takes time to build the connections between the winger and full back. The Beckham doc shows you that.

King Eric 7

We could have easily lost even the games we've won this season, apart from the League Cup game. The wins have been a bit fortuitous given how many times we've had to chase games from losing positions. It's quite worrying. Would love to see a turnaround happen now but I'm just not convinced about ETH at this moment in time.

Baneofthegame

Not sure Rashford is helped by having no left back option, Lindelof did make some good overlapping runs for him in the second half.

gaffs

I do agree, we need to replace Varane. But most importantly, we need to replace Casemiro. Amrabat could be that man, maybe.
Casemiro has been a massive failure this year. Hard to know why. He seems to have left his brain in Brazil.

Amrabat, maybe. I personally think he is limited, but we will see.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Superb sub, and you can't overlook how important that win can be.

If we'd lost, it'd be yet another example of any sort of adversity beating us.

BeltUp

Supports
United
We could have easily lost even the games we've won this season, apart from the League Cup game. The wins have been a bit fortuitous given how many times we've had to chase games from losing positions. It's quite worrying. Would love to see a turnaround happen now but I'm just not convinced about ETH at this moment in time.
There's also games we lost that we could have won based on very close decisions like Spurs and Arsenal.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Reguilon has hardly played. Thought they were working well v Bayern for a while.

Takes time to build the connections between the winger and full back. The Beckham doc shows you that.
Explain to me why Garnacho has looked much better and our team in general looks much more of a thread with Garnacho. Same left back behind both of them.