Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 585 54.6%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 486 45.4%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Gandalf

Shameful performance today and so clueless. So afraid to play the youth, relying on mid table players he knows from the past and trying to set up not to lose. I would much rather be smashed going for it than just beaten 3-0 by a team that doesn’t have to get out of 1st gear.

Redbandito

You could see the City goals coming the moment he decided to take Amrabat off and put McTominay in deep. He has zero defensive awareness, is useless in the build up, and now further from goal meaning his only useful trait of being a goal threat is nullified...why does this guy still start and play 90 minutes of football at this club when it has been apparent since Mourinho days that he is not good enough? Meanwhile we are shoehorning our most creative players into a situation where he is time after time shown to be least effective.

I've been supporting him a lot, but Ten Hag is getting really hard to defend with so many of these decisions. When you can see issues with the set up the minute the team is announced and those issues turn out to be exactly accurate, it really starts to get worrying.
I agree. I’ve been a supporter, but whether or not he has the players, this team has clearly regressed under his watch. And frankly, he has chosen his signings the last two years for the most part, so he can’t argue he hasn’t had a major part in the construction of his squad. Think he is nearing the end if we don’t see a significant turnaround in the next couple weeks.

E-mal

He's done. Players dont seem to be playing for him.
Even if they were, he has managed to assemble a bunch of poor players with poor mentality, they were never good enough to compete and his inept tactics and lack of direction has shown through.

AdNani

Everyone on the planet could see taking off Amrabat instead of Eriksen or Mcominay was suicide. No idea what he’s thinking leaving Varane out. Looks like the beginning of the end.

Atheist

He should be sacked just for the signing of Antony. Has to be among the worst in the history of the club.

steffyr2

True but there was that religious like belief by the CAF experts that a goalkeeper that could pass would turn us in to title challengers.

Our recruitment hasn’t been great, and injuries aside he has been making some really strange choices on the pitch but I just don’t see who you bring in to replace him that would fix this. Think just needs more time to get players he wants in key positions. Midfield needs open heart surgery for example.
How much money does ETH have to spend on players he doesn't want before he gets the ones he does want?

GazTheLegend

Who do we even get to replace him at this point? Who'd even take the spiked throne of Man Utd?

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
He's injured apparently according to the commentators.
My bad - missed that. In which case, I suppose we didn’t have any other defensively minded midfielders to bring on.
Captain Hindsight would have said Hannibal’s energy and bulldogery may have been useful in there but admittedly I’m unsure if I’d have committed to saying that at HT.

Jev

Solskjaer was better. Made better signings, brought through youth, and got rid of some utter deadwood. Ten Hag has spent hundreds of millions to get us into a place where we are worse than Brighton.
There's no contest. Surely no-one would argue that ETH has done better. You might believe he's a better manager but judged on their United time, Solskjær is streets ahead.

Yagami

Good post resistant
The mods are part of his cult following on the caf. Which is odd, because not all the staff are. They need to be reigned in or replaced, the bias is too obvious.
I mean, I've had two taglines in a row meant to be insulting just because I've expressed these opinions. It does seem a bit, I don't know, precious?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
What a terribly short memory.
Not saying this isn't shite, but the Ole ball at its worst was the worst I've ever seen in my life.
This reminds me of a 2-0 loss against City at home where we literally played the exact same way. ETH ain’t the guy that we hoped for

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Solskjaer was better. Made better signings, brought through youth, and got rid of some utter deadwood. Ten Hag has spent hundreds of millions to get us into a place where we are worse than Brighton.
He bought Maguire, James and Fred. He started this whole fiasco.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
The writing should have been on the wall for ETH when he started bringing in his own Ajax players, raiding the Dutch league. Same as Moyes just going in for Everton players and LVG crap Dutch players. For me it shows the job is too big for them. How can he not understand that just because Anthony was decent in his Ajax team doesn’t make him anywhere near good enough for Untied.

-Supreme-

Could we get a decent interim manager where he at least has the balls to drop some of our so called star players? Just like Carrick did in his first game in charge when he benched Bruno immediately

El Jefe

Anyone still defending this guy is clueless, he’s the biggest of frauds.

We were unfair to Ole, this clown is actually worse.

STYLOISRED

Who do we even get to replace him at this point? Who'd even take the spiked throne of Man Utd?
If we have any sense, Nagelsmann. But more than that, Murtough and Fletcher need to earn their pay or feck off too. Players like Rashford, Bruno Mctominay, Lindelof, Dalot, Martial don't deserve a clean slate

Judas

Open to offers
It might be time to go. That was appalling. We look totally lost, void of any sense of being a team. Decision making from him is bonkers, everything looks off.

Really can’t see him turning it around from here.

Son

I was Ole out. But I’d take his footbal 10/10 over this shite.
I agree with you. We at least knew what we were good at. Now we sit back and don’t hit on the counter :lol:

I’m all honesty I think he’s out his depth with our club. Tactically not the level we need perhaps.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
There was an Ajax fan on here when we were linked to ETH, forgot his username, but he was right about everything he said about ETH​

Dannn411

Dead man walking and Grade A snake oil salesman. He better make the round of 16 in the CL or he could be gone before January.

Superunknown

It's for him, as far as I'm concerned. We'll just have to actually wait and see when his inevitable departure date is.

Such a disappointing season. An absolute crock of shit.

cobyahk

Yeah yea yee we were disappointing, but in first half we created chances mct was close we need to improve we need to score.
That's what ETH will tell in post match , but won't tell any solution to the problem's

PoTMS

The end of Ole was shite. This is no different. Hopefully we see the same end result.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
I mean, I've had two taglines in a row meant to be insulting just because I've expressed these opinions. It does seem a bit, I don't know, precious?
They are very petty, but that's the norm nowadays across the internet. Mods think they can police opinion and morality.

Castia

Needs to go

Poor signings, poor style of play, poor team selections and subs.

ETH out.

Marcus

Do you think you can play like City if you have players like Sancho? No. Do we want to aspire to play that way, get rid of every player refusing to follow instructions. Even if we get rid of EtH because he cannot make the players do what he wants, what hope is there for any other manager? Having said that EtH really needs to explain how Reguilon and Varane not playing was tactical.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Are people allowed to criticize his summer transfer window now on this site? :nono:

Sylar

This is just so offensive. The lineups, the subs, the decisions. None of it makes sense

Last season I kinda thought I knew what he wanted but this is as dull as Jose last season or eth during that Xmas period.

Jev

Could he walk himself? Looks totally lost, surely he knows he's a lame duck at this point.

Ace of Spades

My patience is getting real thin now. Keeps picking the same dross players, some players seem to just get in based on their name rather than performance.

Keeps making the same dumb mistakes again and again.