Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 508 52.0%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 468 48.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
But the form has been bad since the league cup, the performances have been shite since.
There is context required with the performances. He took accountability but the man has also not had his entire back 4 available for large chunks of the season so far.

Pyro19

As someone mentioned, his biggest achievement in the UCL has been getting 3-2ed by Spurs. What is he supposed to be good at?

Player Management - Shit
Tactics - Shit
Coaching - Non existent
Recruitment - Laughable.

JBG

He really needs to show that he's open to try something different. Either against Newcastle in the Cup or next PL fixture. My faith in him is dwindling for each match I watch this season.

Bench McTominay, Bruno, Rashford and Dalot(if AWB is back). Start Hannibal, Mainoo, Garnacho and AWB. Or even Lindelof as RB and Reguilon LB. All of the players I mentioned first have been awful and haven't done anything good for the team(yes I know Mctominay scored a couple of goals, but he has not been good as an actual midfielder). Hannibal, Mainoo and Garnacho(and Mount do some extent) gives the team much more energy. Something that is heavily lacking atm.

Onana
AWB/Lindelof-Varane-Maguire-Reguilon
Casemiro-Mainoo/Hannibal
Antony-Hannibal/Mount-Garnacho
Højlund/Martial

Is the team I want to see either against Newcastle or Fulham.

And he can veto that if he feels it’s too high for a player who’s going to sit on the bench. He chose not to because he really wanted Mount. Jose vetoed the Maguire deal first time around because the fee was £50m.
Im pretty sure it was the club that vetoed it?

AndySmith1990

There is context required with the performances. He took accountability but the man has also not had his entire back 4 available for large chunks of the season so far.
And? Our main problem is not being able to score goals. What's your excuse for the attack being a steaming pile of shit?

Appletonred

He's losing credit by the week, and the signings of Antony, and yes, Mount, as well as the GK, are poor signings.

Redbandito

I don't think ETH wanted hojlund over kane or arambrat over rice , he wanted these players but like every window , glazers don't deliver, we need 500 mil every window if we need to improve , city is doing that they changed players every season since 2009 till they got what they wanted
We’ve spent the same amount of money as City over that period of time. It’s not how much we spend, it’s how we spend it. Poor recruitment, and that includes Ten Hag’s choices. But it’s not just a talent issue. There are problems with selections, tactics, in game management, zero structure, and being poorly drilled. The Glazers are an important part of the problem, but Ten Hag has enough at his disposal to be better than -5 goal differential in the season. No excuse for how bad we are.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Sure, his over performance in the last season by way of results and winning a cup goes out the window because of Mason mount and bad subs. Good rebuttal, really.
This shows how standards have slipped, some of the fanbase is happy with the little cup, seriously mentioning that cup is a joke, our performances since the tin pot cup win have been atrocious, he has signed more deadwood than he inherited and talking about inherited deadwood he still hasn’t moved it on, in fact that inherited deadwood has saved his job in the last few weeks.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I'm not saying it isn't? I'm saying let him work on the team.
Until when? You expected performances to improve a few games ago. Have they met your expectations?

Kill3r7

We keep beating ourselves and that’s a sign of a poorly managed team. Mistake after mistake.

ti vu

Weren't Tottenham 7th last year ? The fact that they're challenging for the league is ridiculous and out of expectations if anything. They're overachieving. This squad couldn't even get an EL spot last year.

Arsenal are a better comparison because they were ahead of us last year.
Tottenham underperformed last season. They had a bright start but it's too soon to say it's a tittle challenge at this stage. Last season at this stage they were 3 points less and within reach for title challenge, yet they plummeted.

Not having EL may help them at the moment. They have already had tight result and victories. If they have to play more game especially with Thursday Sunday schedule , there is a chance they would lack that extra fuel in the tank for hold out/push for the winner.

Time will tell. One thing for sure, their signings makes sense, where as our feels scattergun

Cela shomana

I started to doubt his tactics and game management during Burnely game. We won that game but we could have easily lost it. we so poor in the last 30 minutes but he didn't change anything. This game suited Antony to help Dalot, Why he started with Evans and Lindilorf, I got no idea. 70% of this forum were against the signing of Mount for obvious reasons. This Team is in trouble. Spending that much on Mount, Cesemiro, Varane, Anthony, Sancho? I feel sorry for the next manager

klayton88

Could he walk himself? Looks totally lost, surely he knows he's a lame duck at this point.
The only way he can leave with any credit is if he calls all the snakes out. It's quite obvious no manager since SAF has had the dressing room. Get him on Piers Morgan to spill all.

Jericholyte2

No manager could fix this fecking mess. The players he tried on last season have proven to be either injury prone, or potential flashes in the pan (Rashford’s goal haul last year).

Whilst we have to rely on the likes of Rashford (LVG), Bruno, (Ole), McT (Jose), Dalot (Jose) and Maguire (Ole) then we’re never making progress.

ETH needs to be brave enough to take some of these players out because they’ll ultimately cost him his job.

frostbite

He did not just sign Mount, he gave him number 7, too. He really believed in Mount.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
The only way he can leave with any credit is if he calls all the snakes out. It's quite obvious no manager since SAF has had the dressing room. Get him on Piers Morgan to spill all.
He fecking signed a load of them.

klayton88

His biggest problem is the players that were most reliable for him last season are either injured or badly out of form and confidence. I can accept results taking a bit of a hit since Shaw and Martinez are out. But not having the courage to drop Rashford and Bruno is unacceptable. He seemed like a sharp man last season for the most part even while there were some terrible losses. Just make the daring changes for fecks sake. Results are already as poor as it gets, what does he has to lose?
If only he'd had 400m to build a squad.

Yep. And jose started throwing tantrums after that. Jose even said that he wanted Maguire while he was managing when he was out of management for a while.
That’s exactly how I remember it too, that’s another example of how poorly this club is run when it comes to transfers. They told Jose Maguire was too expensive at £50mil only to buy him a year later for £80mil.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I would say a big problem now is knowing this is done and aimlessly ambling from week to week pretending that it isn't.

It's beyond the we need to talk phase now.

Superunknown

That's shameful. There's no hiding behind that. He's the coach/manager and he needs to be working harder with improving those stats. We don't create enough.

It's too late for him anyway. I don't think there's much he can do now. The rot has set in. I only hope we have got some proper names lined up so that when he goes (and he will go), we aren't just fumbling around in the dark for months like we did with Rangnick.

I'm so disappointed with ETH this season. To go from the optimism of last season to this is terrible.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
And? Our main problem is not being able to score goals. What's your excuse for the attack being a steaming pile of shit?
Our main problem is actually that we play like shite. And I'm saying the injuries at the back haven't helped, but ten hag has also made mistakes of his own that I nor he has shyed away from.
This shows how standards have slipped, some of the fanbase is happy with the little cup, seriously mentioning that cup is a joke, our performances since the tin pot cup win have been atrocious, he has signed more deadwood than he inherited and talking about inherited deadwood he still hasn’t moved it on, in fact that inherited deadwood has saved his job in the last few weeks.
You think all I eluded to was the cup? Read posts better before you want to quote me again.
Until when? You expected performances to improve a few games ago. Have they met your expectations?
I dont know, Xmas? All I'm saying its too early for me as a supporter. He did a ton of good work results wise up to this point. Said it a few times but he's on track to be the fastest United manager to get to 50 PL wins, so if he's nose diving now he was also over performing prior. So I want to wait and see how he goes because 1) he does have pedigree, 2) there's no capable replacement available and 3) history showed us giving up early on doesn't serve us well.

TsuWave

I'm not defending it. I'm just looking at the whole picture. He bought enough goodwill to see it through.
You wanted to contextualise things and called this a bad patch. Please highlight the periods of dominance/good football we've had under him - and/or what he has done that bought enough "goodwill" - and what would be classified as "seen through" in your book, please.

I can list a substantial amount of negative records broken under this man, some of our worst defeats in premier league history, as well as some comical performances - like being outplayed by Luton.

and if you're going to refer to our Carabao win - we can't ignore how favorable our the draws were:

Villa - at home
Burnley - at home
Charlton - at home
N. Forest - away and home
Newcastle